Prayers needed for my dad!

Started by Toomey, December 28, 2006, 03:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomey

I just got back from a group ride at Croom that ended early.  Yesterday, my dad was riding my CR500 around to get a feel for it, and it seems that he crashed pretty bad.  We found him in the car and some guy parked near us was rolling the 500 towards our camp.  He went to the hospital and he has 6 broken ribs, a few broken bones in the shoulder, collarbone, and wrist.  They were watching his lung and brain but they are alright.  He is in a ton of pain, and the insurance probably won't cover this so we're in a little trouble there too.  Prayers are appreciated.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

bigscrub79

I will be praying, let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

blaster94

        I will pray for your dad.

lil fat rider

my dad and i will pray i just hope he get better
 98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Toomey

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

MPTonyT

ditto to all statements above..... let us know if we can help......
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

shirah86


TRX450R_Racer

Mario,
  That's terrible. I hope your dad gets better soon.

If you have insurance they should cover it. Usually your not covered if it is closed course racing.

Tell them he fell off the roof.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Mrs.Nightbreed

Also, a lot of hospitals have a "charity" program for uninsured patients. You have to go through hospital financial office and fill out papers. If you qualify, they basically write off the whole bill.

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Young Gun

Hate to hear that man, definetly in our prayers. 
2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...

pelele

praying here... i hope he gets better soon...
04 RAPTOR 660R CHAMELEON
03 LT-Z400 YELLOW

www.atvmiaxtreme.com
www.raptorforum.com
www.z400central.com

[url="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg"]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/peleleman/raptor/rap5banner.jpg[/url]

Thrumud

A speedy recovery for your dad, thank God he is ok.  I know how it feels.  My prayers go out to him.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

JayDawg

I will certainly be praying for your Dad. Iff you don't mind my asking, what is his first name? If you would like, I can get him added to our prayer list.
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: JayDawg on December 28, 2006, 11:43:25 PM
I will certainly be praying for your Dad. Iff you don't mind my asking, what is his first name? If you would like, I can get him added to our prayer list.

Mario
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

our prayers are with him.

how bad was the bike? it sounds like a pretty dang hard crash! thats like 20 broken bones.

Miami450R

Mario, I am sorry to hear this and I will definitely pray for him.what was your dad doing??!
Hes an awesome guy and I hope he pulls through for the best.
-juan
How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee

CABLEGUY1

Sorry to hear that.Hopefully he makes a fast recovery.Just make sure you wait on him when he needs something.That means alot.If he's like me he will be to stubborn to ask for help.Good luck.

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

The ECP crew hates to hear of fellow riders going down. We want to say sorry to hear what happened and he will be in our prayers. Keep us up dated on his progress. keep the faith  and he will be ok.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: bigscrub79 on December 28, 2006, 03:14:56 PM
I will be praying, let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

Same here anything we can do please pm me. Your DAD will be fine, Think posative and claim his health. God bless your family.

Chuck_Norris

LIFTING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY UP IN PRAYER

gtnwood

Ouch, glad it was'nt more serious.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

jujulo700R

Prayers to you and yours and we wish your father a speedy recovery.

Julian
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

Toomey

#23
Well everyone, we got back from Tampa General Hospital last night, and it is safe to say he's doing fine.  My mom and I drove up and spent Thursday through Sunday there. 
Now he has a sling and cast, tender ribs, and the pain medication.  He should be feeling alright in a month or two and be completely healed in 3 months I'd guess.  He said on Thursday that he thought he was feeling better because of all the prayers.

And thank you all very much.  When I logged in just now it was great to see so much support build up from Wednesday when the thread was started.  I'm sure my dad is feeling fine besides the pain because of all the praying.  God has a plan for everyone and this accident very well could have happened for the best.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

dreth

Quote from: Toomey on January 01, 2007, 09:08:25 AM
Well everyone, we got back from Tampa General Hospital last night, and it is safe to say he's doing fine.  My mom and I drove up and spent Thursday through Sunday there. 
Now he has a sling and cast, tender ribs, and the pain medication.  He should be feeling alright in a month or two and be completely healed in 3 months I'd guess.  He said on Thursday that he thought he was feeling better because of all the prayers.

And thank you all very much.  When I logged in just now it was great to see so much support build up from Wednesday when the thread was started.  I'm sure my dad is feeling fine besides the pain because of all the praying.  God has a plan for everyone and this accident very well could have happened for the best.



you are very wise with your words and thoughts ;) because of your strong faith your father will be fine. get better dad and stay off that death trap and stick to quads :D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com