Good news at 5A

Started by twitch, November 20, 2006, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twitch

I've seen a lot of people post if you could or could not ride out there at 5A so I contacted BCSO and this is the respose I recieved...

John,
Regarding riding four wheelers in the 5A and I-95 area. As long as you do not ride your 4-wheeler on the paved road to get into the woods you are ok for now. There is a lot of complaints lately and we have been strictly enforcing riding atv's on the road or right of way. Most of the lots out there are private property so if any areas are posted you need to stay clear.

Sgt. Byron Keck
Ag/Marine
(321-633-7130)


I just thought I'd share...
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

gatorjohn

This is good news. But ....Please, let's start making sure we clean up after ourselves or we could be locked out by the owners and then where would ride?

randyz

I was out there a week or so ago and there was a deputy in an unmarked pickup truck.  Someone on a dirtbike flew down the street to the Stuckeys and the deputy chased him down.  He then came back and talked to me and said it was no problem riding out there but stay off the paved roads.

bmd11

Quote from: gatorjohn on November 20, 2006, 03:50:37 PM
This is good news. But ....Please, let's start making sure we clean up after ourselves or we could be locked out by the owners and then where would ride?

WHAT THE MAN SAID!!!  8)
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

YFZRob

Thanks for the update!  That's good news, and hopefully will stay that way for a LONG time.  I can't imagine any development being done out there anytime soon....there is NOTHING around there for miles, so I'd like to think we have several years still out there.  Just as long as we obey the no pavement riding and keep things safe and clean, we should be good.

5A isn't my idea of a fun sport quad or bike place, but with it so dry, it's everything but a utility place to ride.  I got onto the utility craze after going out there on my wife's Rincon.....that was in March.  From April on, it's been too dry to have a whole lot of 4WD fun out there.
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

Fwankster

Hello YFZRob,

A couple buddies and myself are new w utility 4x4's. We are looking for good places to ride.

What to you recommend?


Ida_Mann

I love the place for being so close to where I live,,,,hows about we have a cleanup ride there?

just a thought and maybe it would show the press that we are serious about keeping legal riding areas?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

twitch

#7
Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 29, 2006, 11:12:04 PM
I love the place for being so close to where I live,,,,hows about we have a cleanup ride there?

just a thought and maybe it would show the press that we are serious about keeping legal riding areas?

Id@

I'm down for that...
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

YFZRob

Quote from: Fwankster on November 29, 2006, 11:05:05 PM
Hello YFZRob,

A couple buddies and myself are new w utility 4x4's. We are looking for good places to ride.

What to you recommend?



5A is the wettest place I know of to ride in the CFL area.  Right now it's not the best wet area, but the only place you can really find mud and ride in it legally.  Ocala is super strict now about mud.  With such a mild hurricane season, we're not getting much in the way of rewetting 5A to the way it traditionally has been.

-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

YFZRob

Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 29, 2006, 11:12:04 PM
I love the place for being so close to where I live,,,,hows about we have a cleanup ride there?

just a thought and maybe it would show the press that we are serious about keeping legal riding areas?

Id@

I second that....assuming I'm free the date you want to plan it, I'm in.
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

Fwankster

Quote from: YFZRob on November 30, 2006, 02:27:06 AM
Quote from: Fwankster on November 29, 2006, 11:05:05 PM
Hello YFZRob,

A couple buddies and myself are new w utility 4x4's. We are looking for good places to ride.

What to you recommend?



5A is the wettest place I know of to ride in the CFL area.  Right now it's not the best wet area, but the only place you can really find mud and ride in it legally.  Ocala is super strict now about mud.  With such a mild hurricane season, we're not getting much in the way of rewetting 5A to the way it traditionally has been.


How do I get to 5A?

PREDOCROSS


bmd11

Quote from: Ida_Mann on November 29, 2006, 11:12:04 PM
I love the place for being so close to where I live,,,,hows about we have a cleanup ride there?

just a thought and maybe it would show the press that we are serious about keeping legal riding areas?

Id@

Put me down for a clean up date as well  :ThumbsUp.gif
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

twitch

would any one be interested on the 6th of Jan?  Let me know  I'll post another thread in group rides.
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

Ida_Mann

that's a good possibility, but pretty short notice for most I'm sure.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

gatorjohn

I'll be there. Keep us posted if the date is going to change.