DS650 OR RAPTOR 660R

Started by TurboBanshee_kid, March 05, 2005, 10:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboBanshee_kid

WHICH ONE IS THE BEST BIKE AND GIVE THE UP'S AND DOWN'S OF THE BIKE'S
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

Chuck_Norris

ride them both and you decide which is best suited for your riding style. both are heavy machines. all though larger in cc the weight  will create an obstical when rcing equally powered Z400orYFZ's. Neither machine is bad for trail riding. I personally dont like the dual carb set up on the raptor. it would be more interesting if YAMAHA built the bike with higher compression to match the CC count

cain73

good and bad can be said about both. I have the DS and its positives are great stock suspension, unbeatable comfort, great reliability, and scary acceleration. They both sit high. I don't know about the Raptor, but the DS takes some work to make it handle well enough in the corners to keep up with the smaller quads (400's and 450's). the downside to the DS is that it's heavier than the Raptor. I know that both had probs early on (starters and oil sensors... minor stuff). The DS seems to have tehm worked out. I can't speak for the Raptor since I don't have one. They are both good quads. I agree that you should ride both before making the investment in either. It doesn't matter how much we like ours. If you don't ride both before buying one you could regret it later.  
[url="//floridaatv.com"]floridaatv.com[/url] come join the fun

spankindatazz

03 LE A.T.P. Raptor #30...its got some mods...and yes it has a GUCCI seat...
04 GSXR 600....has some chrome on it...more to come

bluesman

#4
gee lets see who won the baja race?hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can you say ds ? i knew you could..

RaptItUp

How many Deserts are there in Florida?  

There are alot of tight trails and places where reverse comes in handy.  

Both are good machines and have their strong and weak points.  I guess it depends on what you like.

bbf

ds is a big bike if it only had reverse

TurboBanshee_kid

I wish it did to. Did the 2001 660raptor have reverse  ???
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

T2

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

bluesman

DONT NEED REVERSE TO TOW A RAPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!LOL ::)