People and places to ride (im in seminole county)

Started by YamahaKid87, December 02, 2006, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YamahaKid87

Hi everyone I am new to this forum but not new to riding. I have just recently bought a 06 660 grizzly but Ive had a banshee since 99 till now. I use to ride out in titusville by Tyco airport,5A,croom and ocala. I dont really have anyone to ride with I have 2 friends with 4 wheelers but there punks and never ride. If anyone is ever going riding and doesnt mind someone tagging along please email me. I am selling the banshee Ive had it forever but Im liking the utility more now.

I use to go ride for a week day after work place at primera in LakeMary has anyone else ridden there? I think it may be closed now. There is a lake in Oveido/geneva area with some mud and a couple little trails i forgot the name but its right on lake jessup i think.So are there any new places to ride or are these places open still

thanks
Jason

Ida_Mann

welcome, you have a few people in your area including myself and LMK(I'm sure he'll be along shortly),,,,didn't know if that spot in Lake Mary was still open or not, as far as close places,,,,,I think you may be out of luck there.

I usually go to Ocala.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

xr100racer

2006 660? you mean 700. welcome to the site though, its good

YamahaKid87

Well damn that sucks there is no where to ride close. There is a spot next to flea world that is ok to go for like an hour or so after work(its something lol) Does anyone ride in orange city I work over there alot and there are alot of trails and alot of my customers talk about riding there. Anyone know of anything?

Nope 660 there still making 660s in 07 aswell. I just bought it last night from the dealer I know what it is. I didnt want a 700 as it is was the first year of it.

Jason

xr100racer

wow, i didnt know they offered the 660 and the 700 in the grizzly. i just know they switched to the 700fi for the raptor in 06 with no 660 option. learn something new every day

gator97531

yahamakid87... We live in longwood / lake mary and also are looking for places to ride. besides the power lines off of lake emma we get stuck going to ocn. where at primera or fleeworld? Realize it may only be worth riding for an hour but that's better thank haulin 4 quads 2 hours just to ride for an hour...

thx

gator...

KSCFIRE

Hey, Check out www.muddywatersatv.org , that club is based in you area. They have monthly rides in and out of state.
2004 Polaris 700 SP
26" Mud-Lites
3.0 Warn winch

My other ATV is a tank.

Crashking

does anyone know if the place in apopka is still open? right across from the land fill or whatever it was?

i was always up for ridin if i wasn't workin, or already had plans... now i don't even own a 4-wheeler  :P

novadave

Quote from: Crashking on January 16, 2007, 12:11:05 AM
does anyone know if the place in apopka is still open? right across from the land fill or whatever it was?

i was always up for ridin if i wasn't workin, or already had plans... now i don't even own a 4-wheeler  :P
the place across from the dump has a fence around it now and i was told the dump bought the land. I miss that spot.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

Crashking

Quote from: novadave on January 16, 2007, 10:11:40 PM
Quote from: Crashking on January 16, 2007, 12:11:05 AM
does anyone know if the place in apopka is still open? right across from the land fill or whatever it was?

i was always up for ridin if i wasn't workin, or already had plans... now i don't even own a 4-wheeler  :P
the place across from the dump has a fence around it now and i was told the dump bought the land. I miss that spot.


yeah i went once and it was a nice place to go for sport quads... was real close to home too

LakeMaryKid

Jason, the place behind siemen's(pimera) is "closed" i guess you would call it. Punks went out there and the cops now monitor it very closely. There really is nowhere "legal" to ride around here. Where do you live at?

Gator- Where is this place off lake emma you say you go riding? I hear the place behind flear world is not that great, my buddies go out there in their trucks.

-Curtis-
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Dan

Has anyone been on the new Lake Mary BLVD ext. around the Sanford Airport?  Looks like some opportuntities there just off the road.  Nothings fenced or posted.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Dan on January 24, 2007, 10:36:36 AM
Has anyone been on the new Lake Mary BLVD ext. around the Sanford Airport?  Looks like some opportuntities there just off the road.  Nothings fenced or posted.

I drive through there a lot,,,,I've been wanting to take off in there to explore, but never have the opportunity to in the daylight.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

LakeMaryKid

Dan, where do you live? What do you ride? There is a big truck mudhole somewhere along there i know of.

-Curtis-
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

gator97531

Powerlines on lake emma just pay greenway to the east. Power company put up a fence recently. I did some google earth on the area just west of I-4 at Lk Mary. Going to check it out tonight.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com