Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A

Started by Asphaltdragon, May 19, 2005, 12:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fwankster

Quote from: HVYHLR53 on November 30, 2006, 05:53:46 AM
Quote from: Fwankster on November 29, 2006, 10:57:39 PM
Hello,

I am interested in the Holylands, never been there. Could I get some directions, parking etc....

Any good advice is appreciated

Take US 27 North to Mile Marker 47 and look for the big brown sign in the middle that says "Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A". Make the U-Turn and follow the paved road on the North side of the canal West 5 miles. When the pavement ends there will be parking areas on your left and right side.

The only advice to give is to have fun and take your trash with you when you leave.


Thanks for the info

Keeter

They should ban thieves. Right Aintskeered ;) :P
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

MuddyGirlatTheHump

Anyone planing on riding out there on Christmas?
[url="http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif"]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif[/url]

[url="http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif"]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif[/url]
www.atvmiaxtreme.com
[url="http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall"]http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall[/url]

MuddyGirlatTheHump

Rode there the past two weeks. Great riding................
[url="http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif"]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif[/url]

[url="http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif"]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif[/url]
www.atvmiaxtreme.com
[url="http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall"]http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall[/url]

Off Rode

#204
Quote from: HVYHLR53 on November 29, 2006, 05:38:59 PM
To the idiot who stole my ramps from the back of my truck Tuesday night the 28th.

Its the first time I forgot my lock and chain but figured it would be ok. I parked in the south parking area pointing towards the levee. There was only 2 people fishing on the bridge and you, who we passed back by the pump house. The person that I was with happens to be an acquaintance of yours and recognized you right away. You also do business with a person who is in the next building over in the warehouse area. We didn't see anyone else out there last night at all and we were only gone for a couple of hours. The odds here are 50/50. Do the right thing, you are pretty busted. My bay is E-15, leave them at my bay door or put them in the back of my truck when it is there at night. If I have to buy new ramps for the weekend you will be paying dearly.

You gotta be kiddin me!!!  Now, That's the kind of person who's littering out there.  If they are stupid enough to steal, you know they are littering. >:(

I have to admit, I hunted out there during the late 80's & went out there last year to take my kids riding, only to find the litter & trash are out of hand.  It's one of the last riding areas down here & we'll lose it if this disregard for the land continues.  Sadly, people need to throw their garbage in the back of their truck & not on the ground, it's that simple.
1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

BCConviber

I heard there was a big ride going on out there this weekend??
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

MuddyGirlatTheHump

Next weekend on Saturday from 10-1 is a clean up and then after that a ride! You should come out and join us!
[url="http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif"]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7630/54xb9u7n0j9ttg7ln2.gif[/url]

[url="http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif"]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5515/untitledjv9.gif[/url]
www.atvmiaxtreme.com
[url="http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall"]http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gall[/url]

batman

I have seen the directions to get to Holey Lands,
"Take US 27 North to Mile Marker 47 and look for the big brown sign in the middle that says "Holey Lands/Rotenberger W.M.A". Make the U-Turn and follow the paved road on the North side of the canal West 5 miles. When the pavement ends there will be parking areas on your left and right side."

However,  can anyone give me an approximate time to get there from the S.W. 8th street and turnpike area in Miami. I don't know how far mile marker 47 is from the turnpike.

Thanks!

LTR450 994

it's about a 45 min drive maybe a few mins more if your slow

batman

Would I get off the Turnpike on Okechobee and just go to mile marker 47 and follow the directions? 

Thanks again for your help!

digginfool

Yes.  That or take Krome to US 27.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

batman

1. Is it perfectly legal to ride here? 
2. I know I need a flag, do I need to have the ATV registered also?
3. Are the roads rough, can I take and park my 6 x 16 trailer anywhere?

Thanks to all who respond and give me info, I really appreciate!

Off Rode

#213
There is PLENTY of room for you to park your truck/trailer 8)

It is LEGAL to ride there ;D

I don't think there is an issue with having your ATV registered, ......yet :o

I would like to know where they came up with the rectangle flag dimensions??? :N

EVERYWHERE I look they sell TRIANGLE shaped flags............I can only imagine the meeting of the minds that took place to make that decision :K



What's the latest out there in regards to having the PROPER shape & size flag ????


1987 Honda ATC 250sx
2000 Suzuki LTF250F
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Sons)
2000 Yamaha Breeze 125 (Daughters)

batman

Off Road,

Thanks for the taking the time to help

batman

Oops, I meant
"Off Rode"

Thanks again!

AintSkeered

Planning night ride for this coming Saturday. We'll post a time Friday evening. Buddy did a Sunday recon, discovered miles and miles of dryness.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

digginfool

This Saturday is the Clean-up Ride from 10 - 1 and then riding afterwards.  Since it gets dark around 6:00, come on out, scope the trails after the clean-up and then head out for a night ride.  And you are right; there are miles of dry trail out there.  I was out there for 6 hours this past Saturday.  I'll be there this Saturday, too!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

07pred500

can anyone give me dir. from fort myers to holey lands??????????????new to area & looking for good places to ride
07 Polaris predator 500

TurboGSXR

take Alligator Alley to US 27 North, Take 27 North to the Broward/PalmBeach county line (Powerlines) make a u turn heading south app. 1oo feet, there is a side road there w/ a sign that says Holey Lands/Rotenberger.  Take that road about 7 miles west to a staging area.  There ya go....make sure you bring out (trash) what you bring in  :)

Turbo
(2) 2003 Honda Rincon 650, DGL, HMF Pipe, Power Now!, HighLifter Springs, HighLifter 2" lift, Gorilla 6"lift, ITP 30" tire combo, Kimpex front and rear bumper, Kimpex front and rear cargo boxes, Radiator spacers, Heavy duty fender cket eliminator, ATV Guru rear hitch, K & N Air

07pred500

Thanks for the info allways clean up after myself i like to ride & people that trash places pi :-X :-X me off
07 Polaris predator 500

AintSkeered

FWC all over Holeyland today enforcing all the laws. They issued many $50 fines to people who had those triangular flags, instead of the 10"x12" rectangular ones. They also issued tickets to parents whose kids had no helmets and some reckless operation fines, as well. I warned one  group of morons not to speed past cars, kicking up rocks and mud on the cars. They said OK and then ignored me. 10 minutes later, FWC issued the father of the morons 4 tickets. I'm now convinced it's not going to last long out there.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

digginfool

#222
It breaks my heart knowing that, eventually, we will lose our riding priviledges out there.  Oh sure, we may still be allowed to ride; 15 mph speed limit and any other type of shackling they can think of.  The sad thing is that the very few is ruining it for the many.  And when you try to talk to these people about their habits, they get hostile.  They'll be screaming the loudest once we've lost it and won't even be able to see they were part of the problem all along.  Truly sucks.   ???
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Keeter

2019 Can Am 850 XMR

AintSkeered

Keeter, your buddies Steve and Alex rode the next day, Sunday. They claim FWC's same Officer Friendly was NOT ticketing anyone for triangular flags. He really is a nice guy, showed us pics of alligators eating Pythons, etc.. But, he's also the ultimate Officer thingy, when you're breaking the law. Few warnings.  You can buy the 10x12 rectangular flags @ Holiday Park for $8, but, you'll need to use your old flag stick. 
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group