Main Menu

ONFA

Started by darkside, November 28, 2006, 06:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

Being new to the forum, i saw a lot of threads about the onfa. Mostly bad comments. I have done some research on wildlaw and there name is mentioned all over the doucments. I looked at the onfa website that didn't tell me much. Maybe if someone can answer my questions it would clear up what side of the fence they are relly on. Who are the onfa, and what is thier motto. Provide substancial recreation what does that mean. Are there board members, who is on the board, and what do I get if I join for 25.00. It seems to me that they have plenty of money, why should I pay 25.00, or why should anyone join.

Can someone clarfiy this.

stacktester

Seems you are brilliant and already know it all. Why ask questions? ONFA has done a lot of good to keep riding areas open in ONF.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

lswjth2

Here's a link. I know nothing about them. Maybe grizzlybear can fill you in. The big issue is really the "scenic Highway" designation that some entities are trying to pass. if that happens, bye bye ONF....

http://www.onfa.org

GrizzlyBear

ask any questions you want, I will try to answer them.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

stacktester

Grizz, It's obvious this guy is a clown. I've read just about every thread on here about the ONFA and don't remember anything "bad" as bozo claims. He's a newbie and probably not even an atv rider. Maybe Ida will just delete the whole thread.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

darkside

Stacktester - It is a holes like you that give the ONFA a bad name. Maybe I was thinking about joining, but if this is the kind of people within the organization, I surely don't want my family associated with this. Second if you knew the answer to my questions, you would not have spouted your mouth off, you would have answered them, it is obivous that you don't know what the ONFA is and stands for. And it is sure obvious you don't know what substasntial recreation is otherwise you would have answered my questions. Put up or shut up stacktester, how much do you really know.

GrizzlyBear

Like I said, if you have any questions, ask me.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

newade

darkside,, i dont get what you are trying to achieve, you seem to be asking for answers you already have. are you seriously in  need of answers or are you just trying to stir these boys up? there are plenty of people here with great knowledge of both onfa and scenic highway, it appears grizzly has welcomed your questions, but you are busy name calling.

darkside

#8
Now nawade you can read my mind..that is quite a task.. If I knew the answers I would not have to ask them.

You know you the ONFA has a real attitude problem, I am not trying to stir up anything I was thinking of joining, but I needed more answers. The website tells me squat. As far as stiring up the ONFA is not worth my time, and I am really beginning to think you are not worth my time. If you have read my frist post, I have asked the questions in that post. But obviously the two of you can't read. Now I know you can't read because nobody did any name calling. It is obvious from your attitudes that when they handed out brains they left both of you out.

Thanks for your time grizzley, I will make sure my comments on the ONFA get heard, in many forms.

duroc825

And we wonder why we can't get much organized and accomplish anything???????

newade

Stacktester - It is a holes like you that give the ONFA a bad name

sound familiar,, your a clown,, im glad your new here,, you wont be missed.
i love people who come here begging for help,, and have an attitude.
bye bye

GrizzlyBear

Quote from: darkside on November 28, 2006, 06:26:13 AM
Being new to the forum, i saw a lot of threads about the onfa. Mostly bad comments. I have done some research on wildlaw and there name is mentioned all over the doucments. I looked at the onfa website that didn't tell me much. Maybe if someone can answer my questions it would clear up what side of the fence they are relly on. Who are the onfa, and what is thier motto. Provide substancial recreation what does that mean. Are there board members, who is on the board, and what do I get if I join for 25.00. It seems to me that they have plenty of money, why should I pay 25.00, or why should anyone join.

Can someone clarfiy this.

First of all, you obviously read the motto, though you had a hard time spelling it.  We partner with the USFS to provide sustainable recreation.  That means we want to be able to have recreation in the forest for generations to come. Yes, there are board members, they include myself, Id@Mann, the President of Alarion Bank, a master gardner(atv enthusist), the head of the Trail Ranger progrma, a resident of the forest, who is a hunter, and a horse lover.  As you can see, everyone has an interest in keeping the foret open, anyone can join and express their opinion.  As to your statement about money, currently we have $673.50 in the bank.  The grant we will receive is earmarked for safety training for atv riders and requires a 25% match on our part.  This can be in hours or money.  Which would you like to provide?
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

darkside

You know sometimes you have to be careful who you are dealing with. As far as spelling, everyone is not perfect, especially you guys. You have a real attitude and it is not a good attitude. Yes, newabe, you are quite the mind reader, if only you could read, but as I said nobodys perfect.

Griz thanks for your answers, it is not an organization I would want to be part of, not with this kind of attitude.

My suggestion is keep checking the star banner you never know what might appear.

tekhanto

 ??? ??? ??? ??? :-X I read the thread and got 0 out of it......... was mad he got jumped, maybe
prematurely ???  answered his question  all have bad attitude ???  Watch banner........ ??? ???
You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.
                                        
              &

stacktester

I wasn't trying to give ONFA a bad name. I disagreed with this guy because he comes on here and the first thing he says is he's read "mostly bad comments". ONFA which is mostly GrizzlyBear's effort to help us keep a riding area is a great organization. Sorry for calling him a clown. I would hope he will do his homework before he says things about something before he has proof. Before you come to a forum, make sure to have some facts in hand about what you're talking about especially if your knocking it. Most of the people who ride in ONF know the efforts of GrizzlyBear and don't want ONFA to be cut down. Too bad the guy didn't just email Grizz to begin with lol.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

GrizzlyBear

I will agree, I had a bad attitude.  If anyone remembers, I had to fight to get Wildlaw to remove all mention of ONFA from there document, which they did.  That reference, that I know is wrong because I just reread the Wildlaw document, upset me. When something is old and wrong, the person who is stating it is only trying to agitate.  I should have never answered, it is not my nature.

By the way, stackmaster are you a member?, I do not have the records with me?
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

bad2thebone

#16
Stacktester - that makes a lot of sense you weren't trying to give the ONFA a bad name, where is that coming from. By saying that you just omitted you gave the ONFA a bad name.

All the guy wanted was some answers, because he wanted to join. How do you know he doesn't have documents to prove what he says. It sounds to me he just wanted to know where ONFA stood on certain issues. And it depends on who's opinion you have as to what are bad comments. I have certainly found a group of people with bad attitudes.

It is funny sometimes, someone threatens to go to the newspaper, and everyone says they are sorry. It really makes a lot of sense.

If I didn't know better I would sure think the ONFA has something to hide, by those comments.

Nothing like welcoming a newbie to the forum and hopes he joins the ONFA.

Griz I hate to clue you but you better read some of the documents about the scenic by way, because the ONFA is mentioned in there. I can produce it in black and white, but I would really not want to go that far.

If the person wants to join a good organization I can point that person in the right direction, email me.

bad2thebone

Bad2thebone has had enough of this --- I wish you guys all the best of luck, because with that thread you are going to need it. This is the last you will hear from bad2thebone.

Ida_Mann

Quote from: bad2thebone on November 28, 2006, 04:07:02 PM
Bad2thebone has had enough of this --- I wish you guys all the best of luck, because with that thread you are going to need it. This is the last you will hear from bad2thebone.

ciao.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

lisa

  Since the Scenic By-way was mentioned, I better tell you Grizz that ONFA is thrown in the Corridor Management Plan as a partner. If you don't want anything to do with the Scenic By-way, you better either make the Dec. 7th meeting and explain it to them, or send a representative to explain the ONFA's position on this.

  In fact, the Corridor Advocacy Group declined to mention Fl4WDA as someone to partner with since they had the ONFA to bring to everybody's attention. (Oh, and it is Brett Bush and Rick Lint telling us ONFA wants to be a part of the Scenic By-way...)
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

lisa

  One thing I found interesting in this little thread is how everyone wants to say how ONFA is working to keep trails open, but hasn't explained much except "partnering" with the Forestry. What does that mean? I know to the Forestry it means ONFA compromises on what they really want, while the Forest takes as much as they want, but what does it mean to ONFA? Partnering means that you agree with what the Forestry does....that doesn't sound like ONFA is the one making the calls or standing firm.

    While you are working hard to keep Wildlaw from your official documents, what about folks like Linda Duever? What about working with groups like Save Our Big Scrub who stand for the Wildlands Project?

  I know one guy who attended the Scenic By-way meeting (was that you Grizz?) that didn't like me asking questions about off-roaders. Haven't seen him at another meeting since then, although I did see him at many meetings before.

   No matter what ya'll want to say, darkside's questions have a right to be answered fully, and would be, by any group that didn't have anything to hide. Instead of answering the questions and "proving" the assumed intention of darkside's reason for asking these questions, ya'll attack. How typically liberal of you.

  Now, I have asked specific questions, lets have an adult conversation, shall we?
 
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

stacktester

I will say no more on this subject. All I do know is that I enjoy going with family and friends to ONF and riding on the trails. I support ONFA and any efforts that will keep a trail system open for our enjoyment. I think many people who go to ONF feel the same way as I do. With proper management the trail system can be a positive form of entertainment. I think the ONFA is doing a good job.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

twitch

Aside from the guy being a jerk...GrizzlyBear I was reading the web page.  I don't know that much about the forest since I've only ridden there a few times.  I'm curious to know will that be a hinderance if I volunteer?
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

lisa

Quote from: stacktester on November 29, 2006, 07:06:34 PM
I will say no more on this subject.

  All I can say is surprise, surprise.... :-\
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com