Some 11/18/06 Holey Lands fire shots

Started by JackL, November 25, 2006, 03:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Hard to blame them on us when we aren't allowed out there. :)
Sure are cool to look at. I would hate to be stuck in a hole with one approaching though.
I'm sure by now (1 week later) these pictures are the only evidence they even happened.
Well see tomorrow.


On the way in.




Looking north-east from Rottenberger


South east from same spot


South right over the dike at the parking lot.




Another day ends at the parking lot.


Sure got cold quick..
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Ynot0323

Seems there are fires out there quite often..

Maybe 6 months back, at the Full Track BBQ there was a HUGE FIRE burning out there, it spread pretty quick also..

The FWC officer was asking us if we knew who set it, or who was riding without a Spark Arresstor..

Who knows..Lets just be glad that they dont take one of our LEGAL riding spots away due to people doing such stupid things..

I need to find out when there is a group ride there, and go meet up with some of the forum members out there.. Make some new riding friends..

Tony

JackL

Quote from: Ynot0323 on November 25, 2006, 04:03:43 PM
Seems there are fires out there quite often..

Maybe 6 months back, at the Full Track BBQ there was a HUGE FIRE burning out there, it spread pretty quick also..

The FWC officer was asking us if we knew who set it, or who was riding without a Spark Arresstor..

Who knows..Lets just be glad that they dont take one of our LEGAL riding spots away due to people doing such stupid things..

I need to find out when there is a group ride there, and go meet up with some of the forum members out there.. Make some new riding friends..

Tony

I hear you. When I arrived in the am the fire was quite small.
A guy with his kids who was camped right on the dike said he
saw forestry lighting the one south of the parking lot. I guess it
was a backfire, but it looked to me like they were pushing the game
west for the hunters out there on the halftracks.

The area has natural fire cycles anyway that refresh everything, so I'm
not sure why they like to blame anyone in the first place when
9 times out of 10 it is lightning.
I suppose it is ammunition for the hunters to kick us out for good.

I need to hit a group ride as well, my riding buddys are punks
who seem afraid to ride most of the time. :) No where near as cool
as most of the folks here.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

brett711

is night riding allowed there now off the levee , and is it dry.
2007 honda rancher

JackL

Quote from: brett711 on November 25, 2006, 05:11:49 PM
is night riding allowed there now off the levee , and is it dry.

I don't see why not. The rules don't mention anything against it.
It is not dry yet, but has been getting there.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

brett711

went out there last night, rode the south side.. its still wet.. 2wd will have a hard time. 4wd no problems.
2007 honda rancher

JackL

Quote from: brett711 on November 26, 2006, 03:52:04 PM
went out there last night, rode the south side.. its still wet.. 2wd will have a hard time. 4wd no problems.

That's good to hear.

I'm deciding if i want to hear my girl
yell at me later or not right now. :)
That helps my decision.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

cheropride

Does anyone know if any of the camps got burned.  They always say on the news that "no structures/homes were damaged", but I also know that there are some really cool camps out there... That would just stink if any of them got burned, I couldn't even imagine if that happen to me....  They put a lot of work into those camps....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Thrumud

I was out there Sat and it's still wet. Some trails south of the levy are ridable for 2x4 just watch out for the mud holes. My buddy rode his 2x4 from 1/4 of a mile west of the cross over to the pump station with no problem. It should be perfect in a month or 2. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]