Phase II of trail system

Started by GrizzlyBear, October 31, 2006, 06:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor

Did you ride sunday at reddick??

Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 13, 2006, 10:32:14 PM
Come on Eric, it isn't going to happen. You have to understand that the forest is not an ATV park but a national forest. If you want to ride one way trails come join me at a XC race.
What happened to you at the group ride? I'm not going to ride much up there during hunting season but you will have to come up again. You stuck with me better than anyone else has.

Eworm

Quote from: Chillinthemost on November 13, 2006, 10:32:14 PM
Come on Eric, it isn't going to happen. You have to understand that the forest is not an ATV park but a national forest. If you want to ride one way trails come join me at a XC race.
What happened to you at the group ride? I'm not going to ride much up there during hunting season but you will have to come up again. You stuck with me better than anyone else has.

Seems like that is my only option. I don't like competing, I get in over my head. I just like to ride fast. Gotta stick to DP I guess.....Save the Rhino for Ocala......

lisa

  Guys, Rick is missing a lot; like the fact that he forgot to mention that he was brought into the Kisatchie, then into Ocala and the Appilachicola (I know I spelled that wrong) to close down the OHV trails. He closed the OHV trails in Kisatchie down to even hunters! Don't think he isn't going to do that here.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/html/068AE744-B9F5-4988-915D-7F09126BF1AE.shtml

The above is the link to Mr. Lints actions. I have been telling ya'll for as long as I have been on here that ya'll are gonna lose the ONF. You are closer today than you ever have been to that coming true, unfortunately you are getting closer to that every day. If anyone is interested in working hard, attending some meetings, emailing congressmen/women and state senators, email me @ xjlisa@gmail.com

Serious inquiries only please.
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

twitch

I didn't read the whole page discussing restictions however it seems that Mr. Lint is hung up on people going off the "trail" system.  It's to bad people feel the need to go and ruin a good thing.  I've only ridden here for a few weeks, however what our forests have to offer seem adequate, but there's always some one who has to take it a step further.  Hopefully I'm not talking about any one on here, but do they (the idiots) not realize that for that brief moment of fun, it has the potential to ruin it for everyone.  It's like the trash issue.  I read on another forum that there was an article in the Orlando Sentinel talking about the trash in the ONF.  As a rebuttal a person wrote why would we (the riders) travel a great distance to dispose of our mattresses, sinks, and household garbage.  That's absurd.  I've brought a bag with me to pick up for others but that shouldn't be a necessity.  I guess we take for granted the privileges we are granted.  Anyway I'll get off my petistool.
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

lisa

  This might have been discussed earlier, but did anyone notice nothing south of 573 will be open anymore? I didn't see many trails for jeeps or other 4x4s in this phase, was that all covered in the first phase? I have been busy with other things....as you can gather from my other posts.

  One thing to watch for after this goes into affect is for them to change the trail numbers and designations. Now, having pictures instead of numbers and letters will help a lot in preventing "misunderstandings" when it comes to whether you belong on that trail or not, but they did that bait-and-switch in Kisatchie. Then  used the old; "People are going off their designated trails" to help close down even more of that forest.

 
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904

GrizzlyBear

I have been pushing for them to run a trail to the Ocala Forest Campground on rt 42.  I lot of people want a campground with full hookups. 
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

lisa

  They made full hookups for the volunteers. While I think the volunteers should have hookups and reserved spaces since they are working for the Forest, if the Forest can give the volunteers full hookups, they can give full hookups to visitors too.
In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904