Proper tire PSI

Started by UncleRico, September 06, 2006, 10:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleRico

Does anyone have a formula or know how to determine the proper PSI for MX racing vs. QUAD CROSS?

What set up do you use?


Just curious.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

svtbolt04

Different strokes for different folks is what I say.

I know my buddy who races MX runs around 15psi, but then klutchbuster runs around 4-5 for MX.

I ride with around 3and a half in the rear, 4 in the front but I ride XC.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

TRX450R_Racer

Most MXers are about 10lb to 14lb. I do woods and XC I run 4.5lb rear and 5lb front
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

i use between 3 to 5 for everything. smoother ride. more comfortable.

Exmx54

I run around 11 in the rear, and around 13 up front.

russrides

I run 12lb's front and 10 lb's rear and that's for jumping!
Quads Only Member
06 Ltr 450
01 Banshee

quadsonlyrevolution.com

klutchbuster400

Quote from: svtbolt04 on September 06, 2006, 10:23:41 PM
Different strokes for different folks is what I say.

I know my buddy who races MX runs around 15psi, but then klutchbuster runs around 4-5 for MX.

I ride with around 3and a half in the rear, 4 in the front but I ride XC.
Hey now, I had a flat tire that day! lol

YELLOW RR

so why does my 06 yfz450 manual say to run 4.5 to 5 psi in stock tires? Do aftermarket tires need more psi??
2007 LTR450

YELLOW RR

2007 LTR450

klutchbuster400

Quote from: YELLOW RR on November 13, 2006, 06:12:57 PM
so why does my 06 yfz450 manual say to run 4.5 to 5 psi in stock tires? Do aftermarket tires need more psi??
Run whatever you want, I prefer running low psi in all types of riding, but learned the hard wsa quite a few times its better to run higher psi in technical high speed situations.

FoxHondaRider

I ride out at Croom and I have 3-5 PSI in the rear tires for good grip and nice handling.  For jumping you want a higher PSI.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done