WHAT'S GONNA TAKE TO HAVE MEMBERS SHOW UP !!!!!!!!!

Started by Thrumud, November 10, 2006, 12:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Guys & Gals, I know lots of you have your own little "hotspot" near your neck of the woods, and pretty soon whether you like or not IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN.  You're comfortable now with it but soon you'll be crying like the rest and wonder why you don't have a place to ride.

What will it take for you guys to show up at an OHV Advisory meeting ?  Seriously, more members need to get involved in our "so called recreation" because at this time the way things are going with politics, environmentalist, tree huggers etc, our future as ATVers does not look good. 

Fine, this is an open forum to discuss all sorts of issues but in reality there is so much BS being discussed here. Don't think I am knocking this site or it's members but seriously guys – get involved.  DO SOMETHING !

Ps – If anyone got offended, too bad- because it's the truth.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Gato

when is the next meeting? whts up I rode with you this past weekend it was nice to meet u and thank 2 u I now am buying GPS, know who I am yet?
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Thrumud

Quote from: articcat on November 10, 2006, 12:32:52 AM
when is the next meeting? whts up I rode with you this past weekend it was nice to meet u and thank 2 u I now am buying GPS, know who I am yet?

How can I forget.

NEXT MEETING .............. JAN 18TH 2007 11am to 3pm in OCALA.  The committee wants to do a HUGE group ride the day before the meeting.  The 18th is on a Thursday, the ride on Wed, so call it a little vacation.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Gato

 Ok just replyied on other topic but just in case I am in dade and will plan on showing anyone plan on going let me know we can either ride along 2gether or convoy.
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Thrumud

Great idea sounds like a plan.     16 views and only 1 comment, great support.   :Clap.gif
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

lswjth2

I cannot agree with you more. Those of you under 21 are the one's that are in the greatest danger.You are the "generation" coming up behind us and if you do not get involved, you will have no place left to ride. Florida is the # 3 in sales, but probably the most anti-atv state that I know off. These tree huggers are SLICK.They partner up with the state and form NPO(non-profit organiozations) to help in the "managing" of the forest. What happens is these folks take control of these areas and do with them as the please.(Fakahatchee), then you have the disguise of creating"scenic highways" where the local coiunties have no more saying in what happens there.We can keep talking about tires, handlebars, etc, but if we dont have a place to ride, you are going to stick all these things up the arse....

Thrumud

Quote from: lswjth2 on November 10, 2006, 12:43:32 AM
I cannot agree with you more. Those of you under 21 are the one's that are in the greatest danger.You are the "generation" coming up behind us and if you do not get involved, you will have no place left to ride. Florida is the # 3 in sales, but probably the most anti-atv state that I know off. These tree huggers are SLICK.They partner up with the state and form NPO(non-profit organiozations) to help in the "managing" of the forest. What happens is these folks take control of these areas and do with them as the please.(Fakahatchee), then you have the disguise of creating"scenic highways" where the local coiunties have no more saying in what happens there.We can keep talking about tires, handlebars, etc, but if we dont have a place to ride, you are going to stick all these things up the arse....

Well said. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Gato

probably people are of the idea I cant makeit but whats 1 less person going to do It will be ok if I dont go WRONG!
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Gato

Now it 27 views -the 7 we did and still only 3 people talking back at each other
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

450rcrazy

do you know the physical address where the meeting will be held?

Thrumud

If a hand full of riders show up at a meeting, do you think they (County) will consider opening a place and spend time and money on just a few riders ?  Give me a break. Numbers count.  
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: 450rcrazy on November 10, 2006, 12:51:48 AM
do you know the physical address where the meeting will be held?

I will contact John Waldron this week for the location and I will post it.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

450rcrazy

QuoteI will contact John Waldron this week for the location and I will post it.

Thank you.

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

mrbones

That's the spirit! Great way to boost moral and get support!  ::)
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

qt314nfla

I have been to the rallies in North Port.  I have taken off work to attend the events in Ft. Myers.  None of these events are in my back yard but are very worthy of support for the reasons stated above.  I will look at my schedule and see if I can reschedule some patients to attend this meeting.  This is important for me.  The only problem is there is no one to treat my patients when I am not present, and the cost for office coverage for that day is more than I make in a month.  I'll put it on my calendar and see what I can arrange.  I wish they could do these on Fridays or Saturdays.  They would see the real support there is.  Or so I hope they would see that...

lswjth2

QT, we all know that you and Muddfreak have been a pilar in trying to get change, for this I thank you and all the other ones(few) like you.....

Cain

#17
I think you should just get QT to appear in a Tback and pasties  :o

Big Daddy said he'd show up for that for sure !  ;)
Hypocrites suck !

06 Predator LE - Rath +2arms, rath scoops, Rath grab bar, Rath intake, K&N, Rath propeg nerfs, Custom Axis coming soon, wave rotor , billet inline coolers, Lonestar axle, Xbars and clamp, Magura hydraulic clutch, Pro armor bumper, Razr 2's, Pro Armor skid, some other stuf

big-daddy

Quote from: Thrumud on November 10, 2006, 01:08:10 AM
This site isn't what it used to be.  

Rick and Dennis, dont give up on this site. Mr Bones works very hard to keep it up for us to use.

There are mostly kids here now and they just dont understand that it coming sooner than they think. You can remember when you were 15 years old want you care about the most, it wasnt saving your riding spot.  

There are alot of good members on this site that live in the northern part of florida that will help the cause.

I was there for the Miami meeting, but I unable to make the long drive to the Ocala for this one.

Thank you both for all the hard work and time you guys have put into saving our riding spots :bow.gif
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2006, 01:26:30 AM
I think you should just get QT to appear in a T0-back and pasties  :o

Big Daddy said he'd show up for that for sure !  ;)


Cain keep it up! I'm going to slap your wife around tonight...

Cain you live in that area, are you going?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

lswjth2

Thxs... I still believe that there are people that care, otherwise, I would not still be lurking around as I do. As far as when I was 15, you're right, unfortunately today, that place is closed forever, and I know that if we stood shoulder to shoulder that would not happen.I really wish I had a way to light a fire under the people arse and motivate them. I think this is where I am lacking, We need someone that can energize the site and run with it........

Cain

Quote from: Thrumud on November 10, 2006, 12:35:53 AM
Quote from: articcat on November 10, 2006, 12:32:52 AM
when is the next meeting? whts up I rode with you this past weekend it was nice to meet u and thank 2 u I now am buying GPS, know who I am yet?

How can I forget.

NEXT MEETING .............. JAN 18TH 2007 11am to 3pm in OCALA.  The committee wants to do a HUGE group ride the day before the meeting.  The 18th is on a Thursday, the ride on Wed, so call it a little vacation.


Where's the ride scheduled for ? My schedule permitting I'd like to show up for the ride and the meeting (even if QT doesn't show in her dancing get up  ;D)
Hypocrites suck !

06 Predator LE - Rath +2arms, rath scoops, Rath grab bar, Rath intake, K&N, Rath propeg nerfs, Custom Axis coming soon, wave rotor , billet inline coolers, Lonestar axle, Xbars and clamp, Magura hydraulic clutch, Pro armor bumper, Razr 2's, Pro Armor skid, some other stuf

big-daddy

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on November 10, 2006, 01:21:44 AM
That's the spirit! Great way to boost moral and get support!  ::)

Mr Bones, Rick and Dennis are fighting our battles to keep the sport live. but Rick is right we need to fight together and show support.  
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2006, 01:39:20 AM
Quote from: Thrumud on November 10, 2006, 12:35:53 AM
Quote from: articcat on November 10, 2006, 12:32:52 AM
when is the next meeting? whts up I rode with you this past weekend it was nice to meet u and thank 2 u I now am buying GPS, know who I am yet?

How can I forget.

NEXT MEETING .............. JAN 18TH 2007 11am to 3pm in OCALA.  The committee wants to do a HUGE group ride the day before the meeting.  The 18th is on a Thursday, the ride on Wed, so call it a little vacation.


Where's the ride scheduled for ? My schedule permitting I'd like to show up for the ride and the meeting (even if QT doesn't show in her dancing get up  ;D)

What did you get a job?  Get Quad and some of the guys to show up too!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

bigscrub79

I will do what I can to be there. Thursdays are not easy days for me to take off work. Friday would be better but I know you cant control their schedules. I wish I could have been to the previous meetings but its not easy for me to get off in the middle of the week.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]