Its a shame

Started by twitch, November 06, 2006, 10:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twitch

I'm new to the forums and I recently moved back to FL.  I was stationed in Maine for a few years and with the debate on where to ride its a shame they can't be more like Maine.  There are trials all through out the state that you could take any thing on, ATV's, snowmobiles, bikes, what ever.  It was great.  In a few hours you could go from the coast to the mountains.  Camping was never an issue.  If you wanted to go on private land, if it wasn't posted you could go.  Owners requested advanced permission however as long as you didn't present a threat to them, they didn't care.  Old logging roads and tree farms were open to every one.  In the small town I lived in every one had a 4-wheeler and we'd ride on days that the snow was thick and went all over the blue berry barrons when they weren't in season.  Cops weren't an issue.  I remember several times I went to the next town up on the main road with my quad and the cops would wave to you or stop and talk.  It's good to be back in my home state though, but I never realized how much hassel there is to ride here since I didn't have my quad then.  I've made up my mind, I'm sticking with Osceola NF.  I think its better then Ocala (I hope I'm not offenending someone with that one).  Well thanks for your time.  Keep it dirty
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

Sleazy_Rider78

Twitch,  welcome back home.  I agree with you on Osceola National Forest.  I have ridden there several times and hardly ever see anyone out there.  The trails are a lot better too, no whoops, so you can go fast without bouncing all over the place.  Plus I don't see any trash out there, which is nice.  The roads out there are all numbered so a GPS isn't necessary, but nice to have.  Don't worry about offending anyone, but you may start a heated debate as to which place is better.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

duroc825

How's Osceola for sport bikes? Ocala is becoming another Croom!

twitch

I would say that its pretty good.  I've seen quite a few people out there on bikes.  You don't have all the whoop d doooo's like ONF, which depending on what you're looking for is either good or bad.  We parked either off the 215 or 241 trail and if you went right you'd come to a big "mud hole."  It hadn't dried up yet but I'm sure after this rain it will be even better.  There were some guys in there on their bikes running through and juming out of the "bowl."  I think Osceola is more "family" oriented, and not as centralized as ONF.  Worth the drive but for me both of them are the same distance away.
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
3000lb champion winch
k&n filter

myspace/captn__john

mistercorbin

Stationed in ME? What service..? Im in the CG and I was stationed in Maine, it was great up there.

mikeE36

northeast is way better then here. I hate florida and can't wait to get out.

duroc825

Quote from: mikeE36 on November 09, 2006, 06:35:48 PM
northeast is way better then here. I hate florida and can't wait to get out.

Cool! wish more felt that way so we could keeep the private places going that much longer.

Anoriginal

Quote from: mikeE36 on November 09, 2006, 06:35:48 PM
northeast is way better then here. I hate florida and can't wait to get out.

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com