Sebring group ride

Started by big-daddy, November 09, 2006, 04:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big-daddy

trying to setup a group ride in a secret spot in Sebring.  12/2 or 12/9 ?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Bigscrb15

u know im always up for a ride. as long as i dont have to drive my truck through the sugar sand, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

klutchbuster400

You for real or is this just one of your sick cruel jokes.

Thrumud

#5
Big D doesn't joke around, LET'S DO IT !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

klutchbuster400

That place was awesome If i can get a ride and a  :ThumbsUp.gif from dad I'm in!

big-daddy

Quote from: Thrumud on November 09, 2006, 06:39:24 PM
Big D don't joke around, LET'S DO IT !

Dennis,  I'm not joking around here, I posted the days.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Thrumud

We can ride Sebring and hit RR, just minutes away !  (For those of us that are members that is)
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

big-daddy

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on November 09, 2006, 04:53:26 PM
u know im always up for a ride. as long as i dont have to drive my truck through the sugar sand, lol.

I dont think its worst then my camp road. Did I tell you the worm was talking the talk about his chev going thru the sand after you got stuck. well he got stuck on the way out! My camp road loves diesels ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

big-daddy

dennis empty your inbox (its full)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

SWAMP_DONKEY

WOW Guys (and gals) I have to ask you all to stand down in reguards to this area. I grew up here and we have lost all but a few riding spots in Highlands County...this is one of the last ones we have left and have really been respecting this area. I am not saying "this is ours STAY OUT" I am asking you to not organize group rides and ruin one of the last spots we have. If we were going to your town and risking the chance of you loosing a rideing spot you would be asking the same of us. If any of you are truly respectful of riding spots you will respect this spot and refrain from a group ride. The Sheriff department is already watching this area and I am very close with the Sheriff this spot is all but shut down. Please respect us on this.  Ricky you know me and what I am about, take this post to heart.

Swamp

ucfneed2ride

[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

duroc825

Keep the group rides at the "legal" spots and enjoy the "private" spots while they last. This way they may last a little longer.

digginfool

Hey, is this the area between Sun n Lakes and Granada Blvd or the area off of 635?   
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Eworm

You guys can't be serious! Let me try and understand here. You don't want people organizing group rides in the area you ride at? But then again, you can ride there and invite whomever you like? If this not a joke and you are serious, GET FREAGIN LIFE PAL!!! You obviously have no idea how much this actually happens in this, NON ATV friendly, state of ours. People come from everywhere to ride anywhere. You are not going to stop it and neither is anyone on this site. So get a grip on reality and perhaps if riding your area does close it down, that would only mean the locals in your area would have to unite and find a place to ride, which they should be doing anyways. Freagin ridiculous!!! 

Eworm

#16
BTW: I am ready to ride anywhere!!!

ZRIDER

QuoteYou guys can't be serious! Let me try and understand here. You don't want people organizing group rides in the area you ride at? But then again, you can ride there and invite whomever you like? If this not a joke and you are serious, GET FREAGIN LIFE PAL!!! You obviously have no idea how much this actually happens in this, NON ATV friendly, state of ours. People come from everywhere to ride anywhere. You are not going to stop it and neither is anyone on this site. So get a grip on reality and perhaps if riding your area does close it down, that would only mean the locals in your area would have to unite and find a place to ride, which they should be doing anyways. Freagin ridiculous!!!

Are you serious?
He politley asked you not to ride there right now because of the pressure from law enforcement.  You shoud thank the locals for giving you this warning so you don't drive all the way up here to get tossed out and possible citations written.

jujulo700R

Quote from: Eworm on November 10, 2006, 01:54:33 PM
You guys can't be serious! Let me try and understand here. You don't want people organizing group rides in the area you ride at? But then again, you can ride there and invite whomever you like? If this not a joke and you are serious, GET FREAGIN LIFE PAL!!! You obviously have no idea how much this actually happens in this, NON ATV friendly, state of ours. People come from everywhere to ride anywhere. You are not going to stop it and neither is anyone on this site. So get a grip on reality and perhaps if riding your area does close it down, that would only mean the locals in your area would have to unite and find a place to ride, which they should be doing anyways. Freagin ridiculous!!! 

I kind of agree with you Eworm. From what I read in the other post, it looks like the area is going to get shut down anyways for a new prison, so why not let other people enjoy it. If the place wasn't going to get shut down then I probably would be against a group ride but since this is not the case, why not? Florida absolutely stinks when it comes to riding areas so we need all the riding places we can get and as long as the people that meet up and ride there are responsible enough not to tear up things and leave trash all over the place, I don't see a reason not to have a group ride. All Big-D is asking for is one group ride in a place that is getting shut down. Is that really to much to ask?   :)
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

Thrumud

For those of you who don't know what the heck is going on, we were escorted by a cop to the location.  He told us where to park and where to ride.  He was parked about 15 yards from our trucks while we rode. No heat, he said we could ride.  WE WERE NOT RIDING ILLEGAL !!!  Kabish !
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: jujulo700R on November 10, 2006, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: Eworm on November 10, 2006, 01:54:33 PM
You guys can't be serious! Let me try and understand here. You don't want people organizing group rides in the area you ride at? But then again, you can ride there and invite whomever you like? If this not a joke and you are serious, GET FREAGIN LIFE PAL!!! You obviously have no idea how much this actually happens in this, NON ATV friendly, state of ours. People come from everywhere to ride anywhere. You are not going to stop it and neither is anyone on this site. So get a grip on reality and perhaps if riding your area does close it down, that would only mean the locals in your area would have to unite and find a place to ride, which they should be doing anyways. Freagin ridiculous!!! 

I kind of agree with you Eworm. From what I read in the other post, it looks like the area is going to get shut down anyways for a new prison, so why not let other people enjoy it. If the place wasn't going to get shut down then I probably would be against a group ride but since this is not the case, why not? Florida absolutely stinks when it comes to riding areas so we need all the riding places we can get and as long as the people that meet up and ride there are responsible enough not to tear up things and leave trash all over the place, I don't see a reason not to have a group ride. All Big-D is asking for is one group ride in a place that is getting shut down. Is that really to much to ask?   :)

I know what area your talking about but it's not this one. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

DjLeOo

Ok who esle is going i have 42 quads ready for this ride !!!!!
[url="//www.atvmiaxtreme.com"]WWW.AtvMiaXtreme.COM[/url]<br />-DjLeOo -2003 Warrior-2007 Banshee-
[url="http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg"]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d181/AtvMIaXtreme/amxbanshooo.jpg[/url]

Thrumud

42 ?  That's it!  That's a small group.  ;D
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

klutchbuster400

I think we should all wait for what ever conflict with the locals or police to calm doown before organizing a ride there.

For the record, we werent riding illegaly, Like thrumud said we had a police escort to the area, where to park, and he gaves us a run down on what to, and not to do.
He even stayed to supervise.

SWAMP_DONKEY

#24
Thank you all for your understanding!!!! I thought that asking and trying to explain the situation would actually work. I dont even ride there and havent in over a year, because I was wanting to let things cool down. Eworm I have heard from others that have rode with you that you are a cool guy, but after reading your post I have to question thier judgement. You mention that you ride RR, do you own property there or are you a guest? Everyone that owns property asked that no post were made in an open forum to keep everyone from finding out about RR and ruining it for all RRPOA members. Double standards?? Sounds like it to me. I do hope you are not planning a group ride of 42 there because that would be disrespectfull to the people that live out there and give them one more reason to hate ATVers. Do what you want it will make no difference to me as I have places to ride, but you may ruin it for the ones that do not. Oh and by the way..I have a life, a very successful one built by respecting  others, perhaps you should consider your own advice. Happy trails,

Swamp

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com