Another Republican Governer! No!!

Started by z400, November 08, 2006, 10:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z400

Well, here we go again. Another Republican for Governor. At least Jebb Bush is gone and his older brother has botched the war up so bad that hopefully he won't ever be able to run for President. My vote was for Max Linn. But I guess he wasn't enough of a good 'ole boy or a Christian to get voted here in Florida. It's great to see that the Republican's are losing power in the House and Senate. Finally, the rest of the country is waking up and realizing the Republicans and President Bush are doing a horrible managing Iraq and our economy.

gery350

i would like to be the first to respond with............................
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

gery350

(jerry springer chant)



CHARLIE! CHARLIE! CHARLIE!



and thats all your gonna get out of me. ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

yunt2ride

Why does there have to be a party affilliation anyways. If the government would do away with all parties, then our country would be a better place. They all say we need to all be together, but as long as there is seperate parties then they will be divided. I vote for who I beleive is the best person for the job. In my opinion. Bush was faced with a terrorist attack the first year in office and we have not had another since. Someone must be doing something right. You can fight the fight here or over there, I personally would rather fight it over there.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

MuddFreak77

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
......You can fight the fight here or over there, I personally would rather fight it over there.

I would rather it not have to be fought at all
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Ida_Mann

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
Why does there have to be a party affilliation anyways. If the government would do away with all parties, then our country would be a better place. They all say we need to all be together, but as long as there is seperate parties then they will be divided. I vote for who I beleive is the best person for the job. In my opinion. Bush was faced with a terrorist attack the first year in office and we have not had another since. Someone must be doing something right. You can fight the fight here or over there, I personally would rather fight it over there.

absolutely.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

yunt2ride

Quote from: MuddFreak77 on November 08, 2006, 10:38:47 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
......You can fight the fight here or over there, I personally would rather fight it over there.

I would rather it not have to be fought at all

Me too but if you don't fight it, then what will happen. You cannot sit back and wait for us to get hit again.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

MuddFreak77

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: MuddFreak77 on November 08, 2006, 10:38:47 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
......You can fight the fight here or over there, I personally would rather fight it over there.

I would rather it not have to be fought at all

Me too but if you don't fight it, then what will happen. You cannot sit back and wait for us to get hit again.

I understand what your saying
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

SkyHighT100

Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
Why does there have to be a party affilliation anyways. If the government would do away with all parties, then our country would be a better place. They all say we need to all be together, but as long as there is seperate parties then they will be divided. I vote for who I beleive is the best person for the job. .

:bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif

Seriously, I totally agree with you here. I've never been one to like the whole party affiliation thing. To me, the person representing your party may not be the best person for the job... you vote for who's the lesser of 2 evils, lol. On another note, I'm not really happy with who won, I just hope that they make a big change in what's going on. Especially when it comes to college financial aid. I want to go back to school, but hell if I'm considered loaded and don't qualify for any financial aid whatsoever. Those who know me, know I'm far from loaded, lol. This among other things need a major overhaul... I doubt the person who got elected will do that, but I'm praying they do.


Mudd: I would say most people feel the same way you do... but unfortunately sometimes things have to be done (not saying I agree with what's going on), but you get my drift.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

qt314nfla

#9
Charlie is about as useful as Charlie Brown.  He has the insurance company's padding his pockets and he's so far up their arses.  Insurance is going to become a HUGE deal this year for not only me but for all of you.  As of 2007 if you are in an auto accident your access to medical and chiropractic care is going to be damn near absent.  And you will be getting bills because it's not going to be covered as it was in the past.

In addition your premiums are going to increase as the big bad insurance companies get rich you will get less coverage and lose more money paying them.  In my case the insurance companies already only pay 1/3 of my bill.  Wonder how much less they'll pay this year.  Oh and while you're thinking this is great for you realize that the less the companies pay Dr.s the fewer will be on the plan which makes drs want off the plans.  What does this mean for you?

It means you'll get foreign or cut rate care and practitioners.  You'll get to pay for your premiums and pay your full bill if you want a decent dr.

I'm not terribly thrilled at the thought of what this particular republican is going to do to my business.  I just hope I can stay in business.
-----------------------
Yunt I 100% agree that we should abolish the two party system and go independent.  However, it just so happened that this attack was while Bush was in office.  I don't know about you but I don't have a crystal ball that tells the what if factor.  The same thing could have happened w/ a democratic or any other president.  To say that this attack didn't happen again because of Bush is a bit much for me, considering that we don't know and can't know what would have happened had someone else been in office.
-------------------------

Sky I agree w/ you on student loans.  I owe a 200K for my student loans and due to the governments one time consolidation process I had mine consolidated at .08%.  I can't ever change that.  Which means at that rate I owe $1200/ month for 30 yrs to pay them off.  I'll be 65 by then and hope to have been retired by 15 years.  Unless the government does something to help out on these loan rates there are going to be more like me that can't afford to live and buy a home.  At this rate I won't be able to save for my retirement and buy a home.  There is no 401K or profit sharing as a small business owner so unless I find the money to put away myself I will never retire.


yunt2ride

Quote from: MuddFreak77 on November 08, 2006, 10:42:20 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:40:59 AM
Quote from: MuddFreak77 on November 08, 2006, 10:38:47 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM
......You can fight the fight here or over there, I personally would rather fight it over there.

I would rather it not have to be fought at all

Me too but if you don't fight it, then what will happen. You cannot sit back and wait for us to get hit again.

I understand what your saying


Thanks, We have a military for a reason. Its like we have cops for a reason. I don't like when our people gets killed, but on the other hand, not the first one was drafted. Everyone that signs up for the military knows that they are serving to protect us and thats what they are trained to do. It is a dangerous profession, just like every cop that protects us day in and day out. They know the risk before they train for the job. My brother served and he knew the risk when he went in. He came back alive but he did it for our country. If we are not gonna use our military when we need them, then why are we spending money on arsenal and training.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

bluesman


MuddFreak77

#12
Quote from: yunt2ride on November 08, 2006, 10:50:37 AM

Thanks, We have a military for a reason. Its like we have cops for a reason. I don't like when our people gets killed, but on the other hand, not the first one was drafted. Everyone that signs up for the military knows that they are serving to protect us and thats what they are trained to do. It is a dangerous profession, just like every cop that protects us day in and day out. They know the risk before they train for the job. My brother served and he knew the risk when he went in. He came back alive but he did it for our country. If we are not gonna use our military when we need them, then why are we spending money on arsenal and training.

I agree I'm all for our military, I support them 150%, but lately it seems like we are the police of the world, whenever someone farts wrong were there to cover it up.  I'm sorry but we need to start taking batter care of our own rather than spending billions on other countries to stabilize their economy.  We have highly educated people in our country that cannot afford to live let alone take the family on a vacation.

The military kept my father in a job in the 80's when he worked for General Dynamics, gave me a job when the machine shop I worked in was contracted out by Bath Iron Works.  We have the greatest military in the world, but when it comes down to it do we need it all?  .
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

MuddFreak77

Quote from: Mr.BoNeS on November 08, 2006, 11:05:08 AM
I thought Ghostrider was bipartisan?

Bones, I think you ment bisexual......    LOL  J/K GhostRider
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

yunt2ride


I do agree with you Mudd, I support them also. I also think Bush is doing a fine job. The media is always talking about a pole that they took that says more people are against him then for him. I have to say that I have not had my chance to vote in any one of these polls. If any member on here has got a call asking how you feel about our current president please post that you have. I will be almost sure to say not the first member on here has gotten a call.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

SkyHighT100

Wow QT, that's a lot! I originally started going to DBCC, luckily I qualified for grants and it was paid for my 1st and 2nd semesters. Unfortunately my mom got a raise (I'm under 25 and still live with her so on financial aid applications I have to put both of our incomes... even though I'm the only one who pays for my schooling) even though her raise was small it made it so that I no longer qualify for Pell Grants or any other form of grants. I am now considering going to an animal grooming school and they are wanting almost $10K... I only make $9.25 an hour, lol. So now I'm almost 2nd guessing everything... stay in my crappy job, or shove myself further in debt, lol.... ahh decisions decisions... this sucks.  :'(
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

MuddFreak77

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on November 08, 2006, 11:25:18 AM
Wow QT, that's a lot! I originally started going to DBCC, luckily I qualified for grants and it was paid for my 1st and 2nd semesters. Unfortunately my mom got a raise (I'm under 25 and still live with her so on financial aid applications I have to put both of our incomes... even though I'm the only one who pays for my schooling) even though her raise was small it made it so that I no longer qualify for Pell Grants or any other form of grants. I am now considering going to an animal grooming school and they are wanting almost $10K... I only make $9.25 an hour, lol. So now I'm almost 2nd guessing everything... stay in my crappy job, or shove myself further in debt, lol.... ahh decisions decisions... this sucks.  :'(

Sky I know all to well where you stand, I had to pay for my Associates degree with Credit Cards cause I made to much working part time at 5.25/hr when my father was on workmans comp after he shattered his elbow.  After that I moved down here and went back to school for my BS degree, if I had to do it over I wouldn't have done it.  I'm in a job now that is in my field but its not paying like it used to, I hit the job market about 2 years to late.  So now I have a $50k loan for school and a sub $35k/yr job.  Doesn't seem right to me.  I know this is pocket change compared to QT's 9 yrs of school to become a Doctor.....
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

SkyHighT100

LoL, I hear ya. Whether its 10K or 200K it is just as hard especially when you make next to nothing to begin with. I wish I knew what pay scale the politicians were looking at when they made the requirements for the grant system. Between my mom and I we still make under 50K a year, how do the really expect the average person to pay for thier schooling? Even with loans and CCs the monthly payments would be more then most could afford anyway... it's like a lose lose situation.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

MuddFreak77

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on November 08, 2006, 11:36:37 AM
LoL, I hear ya. Whether its 10K or 200K it is just as hard especially when you make next to nothing to begin with. I wish I knew what pay scale the politicians were looking at when they made the requirements for the grant system. Between my mom and I we still make under 50K a year, how do the really expect the average person to pay for thier schooling? Even with loans and CCs the monthly payments would be more then most could afford anyway... it's like a lose lose situation.

I know the feeling, I heard of a study done a few months back here in Lee county on housing.  A family (2 people) need to make about $90k/yr to be able to afford a mid size house and live somewhat comfortable.  Looks like I'll be stuck in my parents house until they die.  The only reason I have what I have is because I moved back home, if I didn't do that I wouldn't have a damn thing to my name.
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

UncleRico

In reality, it doesn't matter...Republican or Democrat, they're the same animal...politician.

They're subserviant to their own best interests, and typically more often than not, those interests equate to lobbyist support, cronyism, and saying whatever it takes to exploit and manipulate their constiuency for their votes.

If you believe that the plutocracy truly cares about the blue collar working man, I believe you are sadly mistaken.

And as for the questions of "fight them there, or fight them here"...Although it would take an incredible amount of courage, you should fight them here, because here, they stand out like a sore thumb, and you can identify and destroy the enemy. Over there, they blend in, and that is the root cause of our inability to win.

Besides, that arguement is basically like saying..."I hope my dog takes a crap in your yard, so it doesn't mess up my yard".   Where's the honor in that?

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

yunt2ride


[/quote]After that I moved down here and went back to school for my BS degree,
[/quote]

What that BS stand for. LOL
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

yunt2ride

Come on Rico, Those people in the twin towers were innocent people. They did nothing to those terrorist but yet they take it out on americans as a whole. As far as the dog taking a crap thing. Why didn't those terrorist stay in their own country and fight the fight over there if we invaded them. They are the ones to come here first.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

gery350

ummmm............


i live on a one-way dead-end street.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

SkyHighT100

All I know is I thank God every day that my mom and I get along as well as we do. For all I know, at the rate things are going, I'll be living at home for a VERY long time.

Rico: I defiantely agree with you about all politicians being the same. I say get rid of them all, lol. I wish "the people" truely got to have a say in every issues that comes to the voting block. Instead we have to choose a few people and hope that they do a little of something in our bests interests. I wish we could just have a huge vote once a week or something, where we the people litterally vote on the issues that affect us.... that way there is no chance for someone so far out of touch with reality to take control and forget that his 200+K a year salary is NOT the average mans salary.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com