Forest Ride and camping november 17th thru 19th

Started by dreth, November 06, 2006, 08:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

I am heading out on friday the 17th to somewhere in the forest that i can ride and camp that either has electric hookup or i can run my generator all night...........any suggestions where this is possible?...........

anyone is welcome to come hang with us. we are bringing our son and plan on a family ride as well as a faster paced ride for the adults. as of now it will be myself, my wife and my 7yr old son.


who else wants to come? ;D

Ride1Rob

I'll be there... I'll stay friday but will probably headout Saturday evening.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

450R_Matt

I'll be in Homested for the last race of the year (nascar)  :'( :'( :'(
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

dreth

Quote from: Ride1Rob on November 06, 2006, 09:27:38 AM
I'll be there... I'll stay friday but will probably headout Saturday evening.

sounds good Rob ;)

Honda328i

I'll be there.  Where??  How about Durhamtown  ;D ;D

Probably better to stay local though.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Paul_S

#5
As long as it's not too far, we will probably go to.

Except as Steve said, Durhamtown sounds good. That place is sure worth the drive.

Ride1Rob

Does anyone know anything about the green stickers that you have to have on the quads? I heard that you have to go to your local tag office with your registration to get one. Anyone know for sure and how much is it?
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Paul_S

Quote from: Ride1Rob on November 07, 2006, 05:32:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about the green stickers that you have to have on the quads? I heard that you have to go to your local tag office with your registration to get one. Anyone know for sure and how much is it?
The sticker is about $4.00, you need to have the title in your name, if not they get you for the sales tax and title fees.

MPTonyT

yes basically its a proof of title sticker. it has your title number and vin number on it as well should have got it when you titled your vehicle or purchased it new. if not visit your local tax collector for more info on obtaining one.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

T2

Alright I will be there sat morning around 10 or 11 and staying the night sat night, I have to work fri until sat morning other wise I would be there fri. I am bringing my family with me. Rob You need to stay the night sat night too so I can get some of that Ride1Rob cheering ;D after a fast paced ride through the trail.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

dreth

Quote from: T2 on November 08, 2006, 09:43:10 AM
Alright I will be there sat morning around 10 or 11 and staying the night sat night, I have to work fri until sat morning other wise I would be there fri. I am bringing my family with me. Rob You need to stay the night sat night too so I can get some of that Ride1Rob cheering ;D after a fast paced ride through the trail.




you suck! half the day is gone by then ???

1FasterBlaster

If your going to O.N.F. area, we use to camp at Ocala Forest Campground on 42.It's about 6 miles west of 19  and only a 20 minutes from O.N.F. It's like $16.00 bucks a night and they have all ammenities.

T2

I think a feel a cold coming next friday cough cough :-[
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

dreth


dreth

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on November 08, 2006, 08:13:38 PM
If your going to O.N.F. area, we use to camp at Ocala Forest Campground on 42.It's about 6 miles west of 19  and only a 20 minutes from O.N.F. It's like $16.00 bucks a night and they have all ammenities.



but can you ride your quad right from the camp ground?

stacktester

I used to stay there as well and I'm not sure if you can ride out of there or not anymore. I know the owner allowed u to as long as u ride idle speed. The ? is can you still ride on the side of the road about 1 mile to the dirt road that comes in the forest. I think when the forestry closed like 8k acres last year that area was included. I would check with the Seminole Ranger to make sure.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Loven It

Quote from: Dreth on November 09, 2006, 06:43:41 AM
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on November 08, 2006, 08:13:38 PM
If your going to O.N.F. area, we use to camp at Ocala Forest Campground on 42.It's about 6 miles west of 19  and only a 20 minutes from O.N.F. It's like $16.00 bucks a night and they have all ammenities.

but can you ride your quad right from the camp ground?

We went there last year and you could!

We stayed in the A frame from 7/1-7/4 for 144.00 for 4 people on a Holiday. They have trailers out there they rent too. Full shower area (folks said they were clean). I know that when they came out of the campground on atvs they went to the right. The link below has their phone number and a map for those of you who know the area to see where they might have gone when they left the campground (on the quads - hope that made sense). I am pretty sure this is the time of year the owners told us to call and make reservations...folks from up north are starting to come down and they have their "seasonal folks". We had a nice time there.


http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=ypid.YN183x3498861_+Forest+Campground_Ocala%2c+FL&style=r&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

stacktester

If you are still allowed to ride from there you go down about 1 mile and you'll see a Sunoco station. Right across the street you will see a dirt road. At the end of it you turn left and you'll be on a trail in ONF. There's another entrance a little further west from this one but it pretty much goes to the same trail. Hope this helps. Oh and the owner keeps that place really nice and clean. The bathrooms are kept up well.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

dreth

thanks for the help guys! looks like we are just gonna stay at big scrub and make the whoops deeper :D :D :D

Honda328i

Quote from: Paul_S on November 07, 2006, 05:42:21 PM
Quote from: Ride1Rob on November 07, 2006, 05:32:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about the green stickers that you have to have on the quads? I heard that you have to go to your local tag office with your registration to get one. Anyone know for sure and how much is it?
The sticker is about $4.00, you need to have the title in your name, if not they get you for the sales tax and title fees.

Yikes!! I spent 2 hours looking for my 400EX title last night, and almost gave up.  Found it in the garage of all places.  (We moved in January and it was not in the place I usually file this stuff).  Well at least I can give the state of Florida more money to keep building great places to go riding now!!   BAAAAHh  >:D
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

dreth

im making reservations on monday for 2 sites for friday , sat. , and sun.

350x_rider

I will be camping sat nite with a couple of buddys.I ride a 1986 atc250r with sand paddles.

[attachment deleted by admin]

T2

I remember the days when my buddy had the same bike and he bought it brand new. Hope to see you out there this weekend.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

dreth

sites 21 and 22 are booked for friday at 1pm till sunday at noon ;) T2 you owe me 21$ :deal.gif the gate closes at 9pm so if your not there by 9 you will be locked out till 6am the next morning!!!!

when my wife gets home i will post the new rules for the camp ground.

dreth


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com