Polaris Trailblazer 250 No Spark

Started by bigb347, October 17, 2006, 12:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigb347

I was riding at Croom over the weekend and the Polaris just shut off.  There is no spark at all.  I changed the plug and still nothing.  The Battery had plenty of charge so I dont think its the stator.  Has anyone had the same issue and if so what did you do to fix it.

yunt2ride

Get a service manual and an olm meter from wal-mart and do as the manual says. I had a no fire problem with a 500 sportsman. It had no olms coming from a module near the stator. Replaced it and it fired right up. Noone could give any advise because they did not know where to start. The service manual helped a bunch. Firing could be so many things.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

bigb347

OK I did everything the book told me and still no start.  It has a spark, it has gas but still no start.  When I try it sputters and I get blow back through the carb.  any more ideas?????????

yunt2ride

If it has electronic throttle control, Which I think it does. Lightly squeeze the thumb throttle and see how much play there is before it actually starts to open the carburator. There cannot be no more then 1/8 of an inch of play. If there is, then tighten up the cable a little.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

bigb347

Don't i feel like the idiot.....  There is a small vacuum line on the carb, it came loose hence no gas.  As soon as I hooked it back in it started right up.   GOOD TIMES.

yunt2ride

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Tyleraw96

'99 tblazer 250 didn't have spark but turned, I disconnected the reverse overdrive module and now I have a perfect blue spark, and it turns but won't start even with starting fluid