Throat Mic

Started by stacktester, November 02, 2006, 02:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacktester

Has anyone ever heard of a throat mic? It goes on your neck and works off sound waves from your vocal cords. It works well in high noise places like on a atv. My ? is, does anyone know where to get one. I found them on Ebay but I want to buy one locally.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

Dr.Dirt


UncleRico

I gave my girlfriend a "throat mic" but I don't think it's the same thing YOUR thinking of.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

stacktester

Damn Rico, you're just not right dude lmao. I bought the 2 way radios and I want these so my daughter and I can ride safely at ONF. With all the forest roads and oncoming atv traffic it would be nice to be able to communicate.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

UncleRico

Motorola makes a nice set.

I'm not too familiar with the Jacksonville area, but I would call around to local motorcycle shops.  They sell them at the Harley Dealer in my neck of the woods.


Peace Out

- Uncle Rico
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

big-daddy

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Ynot0323

When i got my Motorola radios, they sold all the accessories at Best Buy..

I ought to pick up a set of mic's for mine, and use em on the bike, i had never thought of that..

Tony

stacktester

This is what I'm talking about. Both riders need a 2 way radio and u plug the throat mic into it. I am pretty sure it works in the vox mode as well.


http://cgi.ebay.com/Military-throat-mic-for-Midland-LXT-GXT-GMRS-FRS-Radio_W0QQitemZ170044094238QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4671QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

xr100racer

if it works off the vibrations from your vocal cords then will you sound like those smokers who lose their vocal cords?

GSXR1000

I got mine at Bass pro shop did nit work too well
good luck

stacktester

That's funny xr100racer. No it sounds just like the persons normal voice. I'm glad I asked on these before I bought because I hate to buy and it not work especially off Ebay since you have to worry about the seller not taking it back.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend