Gandy Beach- St.Pete.

Started by 1FasterBlaster, October 30, 2006, 03:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

 I know it's not much, but sometimes a short ride to play around is kewl.Since it's been legal to ride on dirt roads, I've been going to Gandy just to play around.Beach sand is kick azz!!
  Just in case anyone local in St. Pete wants to go there for some fun at the beach.It's a kewl place to let the kids play.

dj_pizzim

How many times have you been out there? Any cops stop? Technically that is not a 30mph speet limit dirt road it is a causway/beach and i dont think it falls under the new law.
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

MPTonyT

im interested in the info and details as well. let us know.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

AmericanRobster

I live in St. Pete, and I was wondering if you had any problems with cops out there. I once did some riding at the big field across the street from the dog track, and a cop caught me and gave me a warning. Maybe we should all hook up and ride the along the beach.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

MPTonyT

sounds like a good idea. im interested.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

eldiablo64

I've been there 4 or 5 times and get ran off by the cops evey time
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

1FasterBlaster

I've been there the last two weekends.Two sheriffs have driven through and said nothing.Last weekend there was a family with there kids on small quads and dirtbikes; still they siad nothing. As long as your not getting stupid, I don't think they mind.
  I'm going this weekend with a barbacue grill if anyone wants to come out.

Kevsmerc

I was out there 2 yrs ago and they kicked me out when i first bought my Honda 400ex

[attachment deleted by admin]

450rcrazy

I belive dj pizzim is correct It does not fall under the new law for one that is not a named road your riding on I had a friend on friday recieve a written warning just for launching his kayak there,so I have a hard time beliveing its ok to ride atv's there .but I may be wrong I have been wrong many times before.

1FasterBlaster

I think it's a good cop bad cop thing.I have been kicked out of there when I use to ride my Blaster. That was a year ago.
  I've been riding my LTZ out there and haven't had any problems. I have the sticker on the back with registration and I'm hoping that will make them happy.If not, hey, I'll still be barbecueing.All they can do is tell me not to ride it.
  And what's the deal with the Kayak?Why would they say anything about launching a kayak?