Peace River, Arcadia

Started by christianharv, October 28, 2006, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianharv

Does anyone still ride at the peace river campground in Arcadia

snowmanzz13

i was unawafre you could ride there because i usually camp there with boyscouts once a year, and we usually canoe down peace river but i have never seen anyone ride there, if they do, let me know and next time i'm there i will bring my atv's, lol
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

christianharv

I know that the campground used to let everyone bring their toys to ride around i don't know if they still do

Toomey

I don't know if they currently do either, we did ride there two times though a few years ago.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

osprey250

Yes you can still ride at peace river campgrounds.  As a matter of fact a group of us will be there at thanksgiving, so look me up if your going to be there.

banana-man

But are there trails or anything?  The put a stop to riding by the river overflow area. :'(  I think you can just put put around the campground.

osprey250

yeah, sorry i was kinda wrong but banana man is pretty much right, you also have to be registered at in the campground. 
So it is not an open riding area. 

christianharv

Their is all the campsites in the back of the grounds inside of the woods though.

cheropride

We used to go out there alot, especially thanksgiving and all, but they got to strick w/the rules, and I hear the closed the over flow. So we just stop going, but a few years ago it was really great.  They actually stop the night rides, and man, that used to be the best.  But that's all changed now, hell, I don't think they even do the Karoke anymore, man we used to get up there at night, and have a blast....  But I hear now, it just ain't the same no more.  My husband actually went up there after the hurricanes a couple years back, and help clean up, but we just don't go anymore...
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com