Thinking About Camping @ BIG SCRUB ThanksGiving Weekend Fri and Sat

Started by T2, October 24, 2006, 10:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2

Just throwing around the Idea of camping that Fri and Sat of ThanksGiving Weekend, So I was wondering if anyone else be up for it or you all have plans for the family that weekend. I havent deceided yet what I'm going to do.  ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

miamigirlrider

I will probably be there with some friends. He will be there for sure but I am still debating it....
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg"]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg[/url]

Loven It

Is there anyplace close by there where you can store your quads since we don't have a toy hauler. We have been to Big Scrub and stayed someplace in an A Frame - can't remember the place. We went with friends and didn't have atv's yet but I am worried about how to lock them up to be able to sleep at night and not worry about them being stolen

Any suggestions? That is when I would like for us to go as well.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

miamigirlrider

Loven it, just park right in the middle away from the side access to roads and put your bike in the middle of a circle of tents, chain them and lock them up. or leave the bikes on the trailer chained up and park it backwards next to your tent. Trust me you will hear anything and nothing will happen if your in the middle of the campground, Also leave a fire on all night.

We always do this.

Only people that get there bikes stolen is the people next to the road and with the bikes spread around not chained up.
[url="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg"]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9546/carissig18yv1bm.jpg[/url]

susieblazer


Loven, the place with the A-Frame was most likely Ocala Forest Campground off SR 42 run by great people the Skorski's.........
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

snowmanzz13

i have the same plan of goin there thanksgiving weekend also, maybe  we will hang out?
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

Loven It

Quote from: susieblazer on October 25, 2006, 07:12:43 PM

Loven, the place with the A-Frame was most likely Ocala Forest Campground off SR 42 run by great people the Skorski's.........

They are great folks there. Thinking about going to Elite this time.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

1FasterBlaster

You can buy the lockup cables from Walmart.They work better than chains and not as heavy.Also, their great for putting three quads together.
  I would love to go, but the wife just had a baby on the 25th.

T2

Next Time Chino, I'm finally able to take my daughter with me now she will be four years old and I got her own quad now, so she can ride around the parking lot while Mama watches her. As far as my son goes hes trying real hard to beat Dad, but not yet I'm not that old. ;)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

sykolincoln

hey guys, I plan on coming down from georgia on friday, but I really need to know where to go, I need a facility that has showers at least, please dont give me names to places becouse I do not know the area, if you have lincs/or phone numbers where I can contact that would be awesome, more inportantly I would like something if possible  to camp and ride at the same place,  I will be bringing about 10 peeps including kids down, and meating up with some folks in florida there, we are jsut trying to get a place firmed up so we can make reservations, thanks in advance
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

Chillinthemost

Tony, I'll probably be up there that weekend. Lets put our deer horns on our helmets and go for a high speed ride. I''l be in touch as it gets closer.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

logger

It looks like big scrub, you better enjoy it now. When they put the trail system in down there, big scrub as you know it, won't be the same. The USFS is planning on a trail called the adventure trail designed for families, speed limit signs.

Enjoy it now..

snowmanzz13

Quote from: sykolincoln on October 31, 2006, 09:55:14 AM
hey guys, I plan on coming down from georgia on friday, but I really need to know where to go, I need a facility that has showers at least, please dont give me names to places becouse I do not know the area, if you have lincs/or phone numbers where I can contact that would be awesome, more inportantly I would like something if possible  to camp and ride at the same place,  I will be bringing about 10 peeps including kids down, and meating up with some folks in florida there, we are jsut trying to get a place firmed up so we can make reservations, thanks in advance

hey maybe we will see each other up there, you bringing the atc with my rims? lol maybe i will get to see them out to good use
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

4fittyr

Quote from: logger on October 31, 2006, 09:26:19 PM
It looks like big scrub, you better enjoy it now. When they put the trail system in down there, big scrub as you know it, won't be the same. The USFS is planning on a trail called the adventure trail designed for families, speed limit signs.

Enjoy it now..
how soon til that happens, last time i was there they were building new restrooms and heard going to put power and water to individual sites, is this true and how long before this happens??
if u can't be good be good at it

snowmanzz13

when i was there, last summer, they had put in like shells for the bathrooms
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

sykolincoln

yea we decied that we are just going to camp in the reserve since it dosnt cost anyhting, and we're going to get one hotel room at a nearbuy hotel, jsut so we can shower when we need to,  Just for you info, I will be driving a marroon 99 f-250 day cab deisel 2wd pullin a 18 ft tandome loaded with about 12+ machines, mine is the black atc 250r hope to meat up with some of you guys!

[attachment deleted by admin]
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

T2

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

bad2thebone

Quote from: 4fittyr on October 31, 2006, 10:01:18 PM
Quote from: logger on October 31, 2006, 09:26:19 PM
It looks like big scrub, you better enjoy it now. When they put the trail system in down there, big scrub as you know it, won't be the same. The USFS is planning on a trail called the adventure trail designed for families, speed limit signs.

Enjoy it now..
how soon til that happens, last time i was there they were building new restrooms and heard going to put power and water to individual sites, is this true and how long before this happens??

It is my understanding they are still in the planning phases of this. This will be part of the new trail system. There will be 97 miles of trails with speed limit signs and no licensed vehicles are going to be allowed.

I was at big scrub last weekend and the new bathrooms were locked. I don't know if there is a host there or not.

I will be there on thanksgiving weekend. I'm looking for rain..

GrizzlyBear

Take my advice, if you are going for Thanksgiving weekend, go to the ONFA section, and make resverations online.  When I was out there yesterday, the host was saying they expect a big group that weekend and will probably be turning people away.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

duroc825

Chino, Frank, Randall? How's about it? Good ridin weather now guys! I think I'm ready for another Ocala trip. Cant put it off too much longer we aint gettin any younger!

sykolincoln

Any one camping at bir scrub? I iwll be arriving early friday before 12 to get in so hopefully their will be plenty of room for us
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

bad2thebone

According to the online reservations there is nothing avaiable for camping that weekend. It might be on a first come first serve basis. Better check before you go.

T2

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

T2

I dont think I'm going to make it this weekend, I have alot of stuff to get done around the house, and plus I went riding today and the past weekend I camped out at the Scrub, You all have a safe ride and a great ThanksGiving, see everyone on the next group ride.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com