Main Menu

LTR TIPS

Started by Mike#44, October 24, 2006, 02:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike#44

Getting my new LTR soon.  Any tips or tricks I should know about???
07 LTR450 Vet #99

Dr.Dirt


BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

CountryBoy

Quote from: Mike#44 on October 24, 2006, 02:22:14 PM
Getting my new LTR soon.  Any tips or tricks I should know about???

Yeah! The killswitch is a pain in the but to hook up. :D
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

Chillinthemost

Dont ever wash it. It will just get dirty again.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

PLEDGER#76

If you are gonna race the seminole Q.S. race, skinny it up some...
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

DCR_Marcus14

if you want to know how to hook up the killswitch i can let you know an easy way that I did it to mine, with no cutting or splicing of factory harness.
Thanks to my sponsors:
Dana Creech Racing, Blingstar Industries, Monster Energy Drinks, ASV inventions, Utopia Optics, Alloy MX, Gaerne Boot Co., DP Brakes, Powermadd, Maxima, Atlantic Cycle Service

Mike#44

I know you can get a Pro Armor kill switch with a little harness for the LTR which makes install a breeze. 
Willis, I think i'll keep this one wide.  2 hour races in 90 degree weather just don't appeal to me anymore.
07 LTR450 Vet #99

CountryBoy

Oh! and if your gonna be runnin with the plastic heelguards on then be sure to check the bolts that hold them on. On mine and my uncles Ltr they came off. Mine came off the first dat that i rode it at bartow. :D
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

PLEDGER#76

Wow Mike you really change your mind a lot, just a week ago you were looking for a quad set-up for the woods and hare scramble racing, unless I read it wrong...
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

Mike#44

Willis,
You're right I do.  But the body's getting tired and I just don't want to admit it.  I love the woods racing, but I've got to come back to reality every now and then and realize I'm not a kid anymore.  Hangin out at the MX track and doing a few laps here and there I'm fine.  2 hour HS's just kill me.  I always end up sick a week later.  The heat is brutal.  I did a nice 1 1/2 hour practice at Seminole a few weeks ago on my bike.  I knew I was pushing it, I knew I was hurting myself.  I ended up with the flu.  4 days of 103.5 fevers and still had to go to work.  I can't push myself like that anymore, I know I sound like a wimp, but oh well, nothin I can do.  I try to train for it, I can run for an hour, lift for an hour, whatever else, but it's not the same.  I'll see you at the track.....yes you can take it for a spin.
07 LTR450 Vet #99

UncleRico

If you decide to take off the stock headlight and put a racing hood on it, make sure you reconnect the horn which runs through the headlight.

If you leave the horn disconnected, you will drain the battery.


UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

PLEDGER#76

I dont think you want to let me take it for a spin, 3 1/2 weeks ago I came up short on a double jump there and put 30 stitches in my face, I know its a sweet moto-x quad so have fun with it.....
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

Captain The Morgan

Quote from: PLEDGER#76 on October 25, 2006, 11:45:46 PM
I dont think you want to let me take it for a spin, 3 1/2 weeks ago I came up short on a double jump there and put 30 stitches in my face, I know its a sweet moto-x quad so have fun with it.....

That's frickin awesome! You got pics? Did it shatter the helmet?

PLEDGER#76

Nothing awesome about it from my perspective, no it did not shatter the helmet, the bars hit the hole where the goggles are and the damage was done from there 24 stitches around the right eye with a cracked orbital bone and 6 stitches on the left eye..... the only awesome thing was I was not knocked out and drove myself to the hospital!!!!!
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

Mike#44

What he's not telling you, which you probably know by now, is Willis is a Madman. >:D
07 LTR450 Vet #99