If u get caught

Started by christianharv, October 23, 2006, 04:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianharv

wut happens if u get caught riding wer its illegal

UncleRico

That typically depends on the officer who catches you and how many complaints the particular area you got caught riding in yields.

My advice..don't ride on illegal lands.


If it's posted NO TRESSPASSING, I think they can actually impound your quad, as it would be used in the commission of a crime. You might want to check with PBSODeputy who posts on here sometimes.

He's a fellow rider and he's also a law enforcement officer.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

xr100racer

well i was caught on land that did not have a "no trespassing" sign and was givin a written tresspassing warning that i had to sign. nothing happened but if i get caught there again i get arrested. i dont ride on illegal lands so that wont be a problem, this was a place that everyone thought was all right and had been going to for a while, and there were no signs. the cop was friendly and understood that i wasnt aware that is was illegal to to ride there

Thrumud

I heard, that if there are trees, bushes, canals, barriers, barbwire - anything that can indicate as a buffer that separate land from common areas is considered no trespass.

I personally think this is BS.  Don't want anyone on your land - then post it no trespass.

Others say that if it doesn't say ( No Tresspass ) you can fight a ticket.

:dunno.gif
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Thrumud on October 23, 2006, 05:32:00 PM
I heard, that if there are trees, bushes, canals, barriers, barbwire - anything that can indicate as a buffer that separate land from common areas is considered no trespass.

I personally think this is BS.  Don't want anyone on your land - then post it no trespass.

Others say that if it doesn't say ( No Tresspass ) you can fight a ticket.

:dunno.gif

so im curious as to how many people have a no tresspass sign in thier front yards?
maybe i should go through some neighborhoods and do some donuts in peoples front lawns....
you know, because there wasnt a sign....
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: UncleRico on October 23, 2006, 04:36:56 PM
That typically depends on the officer who catches you and how many complaints the particular area you got caught riding in yields.

My advice..don't ride on illegal lands.


If it's posted NO TRESSPASSING, I think they can actually impound your quad, as it would be used in the commission of a crime. You might want to check with PBSODeputy who posts on here sometimes.

He's a fellow rider and he's also a law enforcement officer.

Deputy Gibson (PBSO Deputy 4) is no longer on the ATV patrol. I don't think he comes on the board any more.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dnigels

Crap!  I always appreciated his postings.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

Fox17

supposedly in brevard county you can get a ticket, your bike gets impounded, and the news said you could go to jail. now i dont know cause i dont ride on illegal property. my friends go out there all the time and wonder y i dont go. one of them posts on here but i wont mention any names. we only go to SE since it has been illegal.

indianjoe

Seems fairly simple, all property belongs to someone..so you either have permission to be there or not..prevent yourself some haeartache and check it out first.... ;D ;D ;D

UncleRico

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 23, 2006, 05:37:44 PM

so im curious as to how many people have a no tresspass sign in thier front yards?
maybe i should go through some neighborhoods and do some donuts in peoples front lawns....
you know, because there wasnt a sign....

Does your bike even have enough power to do doughnuts?

You're still riding that little plastic electric quad, right?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

duroc825

If you ride on someone elses property without permisison whether its posted or not it is technically considered trespassing. If it isn't properly posted, fenced or obviously used for ag purposes (including pine trees) then you would  get a trespass warning the first time.  The Pasco Sheriff's Dept. has been known to write warnings to people not even actually riding their bikes on others property. For example, my neighbor, we have a large track of woods behind us and a deputy came to his house while in the area for other riders and gave him a warning. Key word being warning.

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

TRX450R_Racer is partially correct....I transferred from the unit and currently patrol the Mecca Farms property. I'm still attached to the unit for search & rescue, as I still have a 4x4 and ATV.

I basically needed a break.....You have to remember, I ride in work mode. You guys/gals ride for fun. BIG difference. Years of dealing with the big picture can burn you out of even the best job. At this point, I'm not sure if the transfer is permanent or temporary.

In the meantime, I'll continue to help the sport by checking the board weekly and providing advice when I can.

Speaking of which, if the property in question is NOT properly posted, or fenced, or bordered by a canal, a Trespass Warning is issued if the owner requests trespass enforcement. Regardless of whether a property is posted or not, someone owns it....and if the owner hasn't granted permission for access, it's trespassing.

Hoosier Daddy

that was my point as well....  ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

When your ready to lay down the cash let me know.... ;D

Quote from: UncleRico on October 23, 2006, 09:33:29 PM
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 23, 2006, 05:37:44 PM

so im curious as to how many people have a no tresspass sign in thier front yards?
maybe i should go through some neighborhoods and do some donuts in peoples front lawns....
you know, because there wasnt a sign....

Does your bike even have enough power to do doughnuts?

You're still riding that little plastic electric quad, right?
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Fox17

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 24, 2006, 12:36:21 PM
When your ready to lay down the cash let me know.... ;D

Quote from: UncleRico on October 23, 2006, 09:33:29 PM
Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 23, 2006, 05:37:44 PM

so im curious as to how many people have a no tresspass sign in thier front yards?
maybe i should go through some neighborhoods and do some donuts in peoples front lawns....
you know, because there wasnt a sign....

Does your bike even have enough power to do doughnuts?

You're still riding that little plastic electric quad, right?


i wanna come watch this.

06LimitedPred

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on October 24, 2006, 04:12:09 AM

In the meantime, I'll continue to help the sport by checking the board weekly and providing advice when I can.


I for one appreciate it Thanks alot
98 KX125

Fox17


yunt2ride

Me too. Glad to see we have people like him on here.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

dnigels

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Quote from: Thrumud on October 23, 2006, 05:32:00 PM
I heard, that if there are trees, bushes, canals, barriers, barbwire - anything that can indicate as a buffer that separate land from common areas is considered no trespass.

I personally think this is BS.  Don't want anyone on your land - then post it no trespass.

Others say that if it doesn't say ( No Tresspass ) you can fight a ticket.

:dunno.gif

Dam and I thought those canals and barriers were table tops. Id better becareful.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

crom A zone

its as simple as this ride where ever you want and have fu and its only illegal if you get cought. but make sure ridding wheer u want is worth getting in trouble if not dont ride there
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Anoriginal

I copied this in from another thread. It's my idiot proof test. Although, I am beginning to wonder if some folks might still screw it up..........

I keep reading these posts over the years and see that many folks have difficulty determining what is and what is not a legal riding area. After much thought and study, I've developed a test that anyone with 1/2 a brain can use to determine whether or not a place is legal for riding. Here goes!!!!

Legal Areas - 1. State or Federal owned land designated for ATV use with proper permitting as required; 2. Property you own in areas (municipalities, counties, etc.) that permit riding; and 3. Private property which the owner has given you express permission to ride upon, preferably in writing.

Illegal Areas - EVERYTHING ELSE. END OF STORY. NOT OPEN FOR INTERPRETATION, DISCUSSION OR ARGUE.

Apply this 100% correct and fool-proof test to your riding area determinations. If you do, you can't go wrong.   

Eric5555

I got caught...and they told me to stop riding and if they seen me again that they would take my bike
[url="http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418"]http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418[/url]

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME

FOREMANRON

I WAS TOLD BY A CITY OF TAMPA POLICE OFFICER THAT PRIVAYE PROPERTY DOES NOT HAVE TO BE POSTED. HE SAID YOU`RE YARD DOES NOT HAVE SIGNS IN IT AND IF SOMEONE COMES IN IT WITHOUT PERMISSION YOU CAN CALL THE POLICE AND THEY CAN ISSUE A TRESSPASSING WARNING OR ARREST THEM. SO EVER SINCE THEN IF I DON`T HAVE PERMMISSION TO BE THERE I DON`T GO
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

Tpr1600

As a LEO myself I wanted add something to this topic. A couple of members mentioned impounding your quad if you get caught because it was used in a crime. I think what is being asked is can the quad, truck, bike, etc be seized by the arresting agency and then turned over for forfeiture. Which simply means you will never see it again. The answer to the best of my knowledge is no, it cannot be seized for simple trespass. In order to lawfully seize a vehicle it would have had to be used in the commission of a felony. Simple trespass is not felony. However if an officer tries to stop you and you flee on your quad then that is fleeing and eluding and your quad could be seized. Other examples are weapons or drugs that the quad is being used to transport. Keep this in mind, if your are arrested for trespass and while sitting in the back of the patrol car you see a wrecker loading up your machine, truck, etc. more than likely they are simply towing it. Towing serves two purposes: 1) would you rather it be left alone in the woods? 2)It's an added expence for you and hopefully by the time you bail out, pay your court fines and pay for the tow you'll ride somewhere else. This is not to say that a judge can't impound your quad for a few days if found guilty of trespass, but to lose it forever, I don't see how.