problem with DMV and green Sticker

Started by Scott 660, October 20, 2006, 12:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott 660

I went to the DMV today to get mine and my son's quad registered. My son's no problem. However mine is another story. I bought a RAPTOR 660 two years. The person that I bought it from had a lein on it through a finance Company. They paid of the company and gave me the paper work that looks like a title but it is not. The company had filled out bottom of the "title" in the lein holders section. I have this "title". I told the DMV that the lein company would not sent this unless the lein is satified. DMV want a letter from the finance company. The old owners do not want to cooperate with me. What can I do?

Paul_S

Quote from: Scott 660 on October 20, 2006, 12:20:16 AM
I went to the DMV today to get mine and my son's quad registered. My son's no problem. However mine is another story. I bought a RAPTOR 660 two years. The person that I bought it from had a lein on it through a finance Company. They paid of the company and gave me the paper work that looks like a title but it is not. The company had filled out bottom of the "title" in the lein holders section. I have this "title". I told the DMV that the lein company would not sent this unless the lein is satified. DMV want a letter from the finance company. The old owners do not want to cooperate with me. What can I do?
I bought a Raptor off eBay and sent my nephew to get it, when he bought the bike and the title back, it showed hsbc as a lien holder. I called the guy I bought it from - ready to chew him a new azz - but he assured me it was paid off, but he had lost the lien release they sent him. I called the bank the next day and they would not give me any info, except to say fax in the bill of sale and a request for the lien release and IF it was paid off they would send me a copy of the release.

Needless to say we sweated it for a couple of weeks, but the letter did turn up and we got our title.

What state is the documnet you have from, some states don't require a title, if this is the case the tag office will title it for you with a bill of sale only. Some states don't require a title, but do require a registration and a copy of the bill of sale for you to transfer it in fl.

Scott 660

It is in Florida someone had posted a link with the paper work to get this done if the DMV had thier head you now where. The office in Belleview knew what I wanted