ATV Insurance

Started by SkyHighT100, October 18, 2006, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHighT100

I'm fixing to insure both of my 4-wheelers. Unfortunately, Allstate (where I have my car insurance) doesn't insure ATVs. I've done a Google search and have come up with quite a few companies that insure quads. I'm trying to find the best so I want to ask who do you have your quads insured with and why?
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

qt314nfla

I'm with Progressive.  I had my street bike w/ them years ago.  Also, I didn't know anyone else who insured ATV's.

SkyHighT100

I have too much money invested in mine not to insure them, lol. I just did a quote with Progressive and I think something got screwed up somewhere... $200 a month to insure 2 quads?? My insurance on my truck isn't even $400 for 6 months, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

yeah, sounds like ya messed something up. maybe thats was your 6 month total?
I know a few insurance agents within the league if ya need some advise... ;)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

SkyHighT100

#4
I sure hope I messed something up cause that was crazy, lol.. they wanted $177.96 a month/$1953.00 per year.. bassturds ;)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on October 18, 2006, 01:13:57 PM
I sure hope I messed something up cause that was crazy, lol.. they wanted $177.96 a month/$1953.00 per year.. bassturds ;)
Hi, please let me know the best deal you end up with, I really should insure mine too.

GrizzlyBear

Here is my agent in Ocala, Jerry Cantrell  352-369-1919  He rides atv's , was on our ride Sept 28th.  He also volunteers for the Marion County Rescue Squad.  Tell him I gave you his name

Terry of ONFA
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

TxsRanger99

I have mine insured through statefarm..along with my truck

yfz450runner

i use progressive drive insurance. its 300 a year and it covers my quad and all aftermarket parts. i have used it once(detroyed my last 450 at pax) and i got a check just 1 week after i wrecked.  hope this helps...

Bigscrb15

we are with progessive also. $110/month for 3 utes, but its that expensive because they are in my name and I am only 22. its $100/month for 2 06 Zuki LT-R450's in Josh's name so the sport quads are definitely more.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Loven It

I found an agent through the place we got our ATV from.
You can call a few of the dealerships and ask them for Insurance agent names.

This is who we use: Lowi Insurance - Contact is Jeff Lowi 813-907-3409 or toll free at 866-398-3352.

They are really good people - we did everything over the phone and fax and I never had to go to Tampa to meet them.

He has different options: Ours is $340 a year at $85.00 a month for 4 months, however if you have a checking account he has different options. It was a major difference in down payment (with checking account) and monthly payments.
Here is his web-site you can do a quote on there. We did it all on the phone

http://www.lowiinsurance.com/id55.html
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

ananomaly

My car is aslo with allstate and they refered me to progresive drive ins. 200.00 per year for two quads 04 and 05. ;D
05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

Loven It

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on October 18, 2006, 01:47:43 PM
we are with progessive also. $110/month for 3 utes, but its that expensive because they are in my name and I am only 22. its $100/month for 2 06 Zuki LT-R450's in Josh's name so the sport quads are definitely more.

Yes the sport quads are more, but it also depends on where you tell them you store them too. It depends on what you tell them you use it for, how much coverage you want and depends on how high/low of a deductable you want.

Age should not matter as it is a recreational coverage policy not an auto policy.  Is that who you use to insure your vehicle?

I would double check with them about the age thing..
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Hoosier Daddy

trust me.... age matters, as does credit (in most cases), zip code, driving history (yes this appys to atvs too). Pretty much anything that would apply to an auto policy will apply to a ATV policy.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Loven It

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on October 18, 2006, 02:07:49 PM
trust me.... age matters, as does credit (in most cases), zip code, driving history (yes this appys to atvs too). Pretty much anything that would apply to an auto policy will apply to a ATV policy.

Interesting..I was never informed of any of that  :-\

I do not have a good driving record I have 8 points on my license (that never came up) I do not have good credit (never came up). I will have to ask about that next time. Thanks for the info. 
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

TRX450R_Racer

I pay $274 a year for my 2004 TRX450R. That includes the value of the quad and $5000 for aftermarket parts.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

eldiablo64

JERRY CANTRELL he's the guitar player for alice in chains.and he sells insurance to??thats wierd   LOL
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

eldiablo64

PROGESSIVE FOR MINE IS $30 A MONTH/$300 A YEAR NOT BAD FOR A BRAND NEW QUAD.HONDA 300EX
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

eldiablo64

AND THATS WITH $1000 TO COVER THE TRAILER TO
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Honda328i

[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

RIN24

2006 Rincon with aftermarket parts $10,000 coverage 50,000 liability    $500. deductible $280. a year state farm
2006 HONDA RINCON 680 14" Black SS108 Rims 27" XTR Tires RD 3" Lift RAMSEY 2500 WINCH MOOSE FRONT BUMPER Kimpex rear box 2009 HONDA BIG RED SXS 14" Black SS212 Rims XTR Tires Warn XT30 Winch

450rcrazy

I went through Jeff Lowi and he provided me with a progressive policy on my 2006 450r and its 172.00 per year if paid up front in full and that includes 2000.00 in ad ons .credit score plays a big role in how good a price you get on insurance.

dynodon

we have my DS, and the stock banshee with progressive. Its only 200.00 for the
year for both, and it also covers medical, theft and accidents.
you must have messed it up some how!?!?!?
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

TRX470r

#23
While putting away my bike today in the garage I noticed a couple of guys in a truck driving around back and forth looking really suspicious. Made me a little nervous cuz they slowed down a couple of time to check out what I had in the garage. I took their license plate # down and when I got inside I started looking up ATV insurance. The best quote I got was from Geico Ins. (who I also have for my car insurance) Comp. $219.69 a year ($500 Deductible) and that includes my trailer. They said that after I've owed the bike for more than a year I could get a better rate. I'm in the South Florida Area is this the average rate or could I do better? Anyone in South Florida own a 05 TRX450r with a better rate?

05 TRX450r     
Rate           $219.69 (a year)
Bodily Injury Liability      10,000/20,000
Property Damage Liability   10,000
Comprehensive Deductible   $500
Includes Coverage on Trailer
05' Honda TRX450r  FTR #8  +30C

mud.junkie

I went through Gieco for my rancher and rubi was 500.00 for the year for both now i only have the rubi and it should go down

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com