ONF Questions?

Started by mudman8024, February 28, 2005, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudman8024

I am not new to the Ocala National Forest, however, after recently purchasing a camper trailer, I am new to camping in the forest.  Is there  any good campsites other tha big scrub that you can ride quads striaght from camp onto the trails?  I am looking for someplace that either has electrical hookups or no rules on how late you can run a generator.  Anyone know of such a place?

jackinthebox23

check out lake delancey near Rodman Dam.  I haven't stayed there but have seen people staying there.  You can ride right from your campground.   Have fun and good luck! I just bought a pop up and plan to put it to good use too!
2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

bftclub

there is a camp ground right off highway 42,just past forest rd.588,that you can ride from.it's $16.00 a night,with hot showers,pool,and electric hook-ups....i'm going march 4th weekend with my family.we'll have 6 quads in our group....my brother and i both drive black 4wheeldrive dodge trucks..you don't need reservations.i talked to the guy at campground last week..seems cool.......

susieblazer

        

           Yes Ocala Forest Campground run by the Skorski family ...good ppl..Been going there for 15 years now riding
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

mudman8024

OK, So Ocala Forest camp ground is the one off of 42.  Does anybody have a website or contact # for them.  Also is the riding any good near there?

bftclub

352-669-3888.this is the phone number.it's located approx. 2 miles past rt.588....on the left side..nice campground.but was packed with snow-birds,didn't stay there....stayed at big scrub and roughed it as usual.has 2 bathrooms/2 showers for about 40 people,has electric hook-ups though....was very tight parking.i have a 27' enclosed trailer was very hard getting it backed in without hitting trees...so we left there...hope this helps

mudman8024


Big_G

I have a few more ?'s I'm heading up to Big Scrub 4 the first time Friday ;D......Is camping $4.00 a day (S/A parking?) or do I need some kind of a camping permit?.....I'm looking for places to go swimmin holes etc...Any one with Garmin US topo east? they show places like Green's Bear Hole,Volusia Bear Hole, Blue Sink etc. what are they? and how's about the nearest gas station? (I might stay till Tuesday, do I want to stay at Big Scrub that long in a tent?  :o) any info would be appreciated....

Thanks G.

flahondafam

Whatever you do, if you stay at big scrub LOCK YOUR S*** UP!!!!! Lots of theives around there. Trust me they got me for about 30K. The only thing good about that camp is the fact that you can ride right from you camp site. Good luck. :)

GSPKurt

QuoteI have a few more ?'s I'm heading up to Big Scrub 4 the first time Friday ;D......Is camping $4.00 a day (S/A parking?) or do I need some kind of a camping permit?.....I'm looking for places to go swimmin holes etc...Any one with Garmin US topo east? they show places like Green's Bear Hole,Volusia Bear Hole, Blue Sink etc. what are they? and how's about the nearest gas station? (I might stay till Tuesday, do I want to stay at Big Scrub that long in a tent?  :o) any info would be appreciated....

Thanks G.

Hey, G-
I can meet you Friday afternoon. I have never ridden ONF, but I have Garmin Topo. What time are you gonna be there?
Kurt
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Big_G

QuoteHey, G-
I can meet you Friday afternoon. I have never ridden ONF, but I have Garmin Topo. What time are you gonna be there?
Kurt

Not sure when or if I make it Friday?? I came to my senses though and got a hotel room : )

GSPKurt

QuoteNot sure when or if I make it Friday?? I came to my senses though and got a hotel room : )

PM sent.
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com