whats the first mod on your new quad?

Started by 450rcrazy, October 12, 2006, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats the first mod on  your new quad

tires
nerf bars
bumper
exhaust
other leave a post of what

450rcrazy

When you bring home a new quad whats the first aftermarket part you put on it?

FordForever


eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

dnigels

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

cd4mud


MachineDog

Air filter. Mud. Tires. Mud. In that order.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

UncleRico

You know a lot of the other racers come to me and say...

"Rico, you're the fastest, smartest, most handsome guy on  ATVFlorda.com, not to mention the most modest.  What can I do to get a little more power out of my quad?"

And I say to them "Well, little camper, the first thing you want do is get rid of that power robbing stock pipe"....Only, I say it in Japanese which really confuses them, but sounds like what I imagine Confuscious would sound like.

Confuscious was Chinesse you jackazz.

Let him go, he's on a roll.


The pipe combined with the right air filter and jetting makes for some pretty good power gains over the stock model.

Top 5 in order.

1) Pipe/Header upgrade w/ jetting and air filter sans air box lid.
B) Mill the heads.
Next) Big Bore Kit.
4) Hinson clutch basket
5) Upgraded reeds.

I think that's what you need to be fast, bumpers and the rest are for show..I'm more into the go.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

MadMudder

Quote from: eldiablo64 on October 12, 2006, 10:38:27 PM
ME!
The above and tires are the only thing I add to mine and contrair to what Conficious says it does fine. Also a little mud never hurts... 8)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

rancher4lyfe

LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

RAD 450r

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

klutchbuster400

Lets see,
Triple rate elkas, lsr a-arms, lonestar axle and swing arm, oh wait, that was ALREADY on the bike :D
But I would probably add a stabilizer first.

gatorjohn


arod

 full tank of gas, full 5 gallon jug of gas, oil and filter(for after riding and wash) and a whole day of riding!!  at least that was my first mod. then it was all downhill(about $7k) of aftermarket!

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Chillinthemost

Quote from: UncleRico on October 12, 2006, 11:15:33 PM
You know a lot of the other racers come to me and say...

"Rico, you're the fastest, smartest, most handsome guy on  ATVFlorda.com, not to mention the most modest.  What can I do to get a little more power out of my quad?"

And I say to them "Well, little camper, the first thing you want do is get rid of that power robbing stock pipe"....Only, I say it in Japanese which really confuses them, but sounds like what I imagine Confuscious would sound like.

Confuscious was Chinesse you jackazz.

Let him go, he's on a roll.


The pipe combined with the right air filter and jetting makes for some pretty good power gains over the stock model.

Top 5 in order.

1) Pipe/Header upgrade w/ jetting and air filter sans air box lid.
B) Mill the heads.
Next) Big Bore Kit.
4) Hinson clutch basket
5) Upgraded reeds.

I think that's what you need to be fast, bumpers and the rest are for show..I'm more into the go.
Agreed, I just put new reeds in my YFZ and it really came alive. Next, I'll mill the heads. I dont know about the basket though, does it just bolt on in front of the handlebars? I guess it could hold parts for the Hondas that ride with me.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

backwoods boy

on a utility bike id say tires n a snorkel
on a sport bike id gi w/a pipe
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

trx250kid

2003 honda TRX250EX
-Pro circuit T4 slip on
-dynojet jet kit
-Magnum revbox
-Mudshark 20" rear tires

FordForever

does a pipe really help that much? which pipe would you suggest for a kodiak 400?

UncleRico

The stock pipes are restrictive to exhaust flow and rob your quad of it's full potential powerwise.

Depending on what you use your ute for, determines the best pipe for it.


I don't know that I would put an aftermarket pipe on a 4x4 utility though.

I would rather spend my modification allowance on stuff like winches, tires, rims, and other redneck friendly accessorires.

I'd save the pipe for sport models.


(I answered the question thinking about a sport model, not a ute)
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

#26YFZ

you guys go put an exhaust on your bike first but when you slip off the pegs and cant ride for a few months ill be the one with the nerfs and healthy ankels  ;)

Paul_S

Ever since I bought my Raptor EVERYONE has told me to upgrade the shocks, only one mention here so far?

UncleRico

Quote from: #26YFZ on October 15, 2006, 02:37:52 AM
you guys go put an exhaust on your bike first but when you slip off the pegs and cant ride for a few months ill be the one with the nerfs and healthy ankels  ;)

Yeah, he's right on that. I left the stock heel guards on my 450r for a few weeks, came down so hard off a jump that the plastic cracked and I got sucked under the falls.

I got ripped under so hard, that it ripped my motocross pants if that tells you anything. Tweaked my knee pretty bad, but no permanent injuries.

Nerf bars might be a good idea first.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

snowmanzz13

my first mods were sitting and starting, my two came with all things i really wanted, i let somebody else spend the money then bought the quads when they had no time for them, the only thing i actually have had to buy are matneience things(oil, filter:air and oil, chain, tires and gas) lol and other then that, basically rebuilding one quad after it fell out of the truck at 80 mph, lol
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]