Painted the inside of my toolbox

Started by SkyHighT100, October 10, 2006, 02:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyHighT100

Well, I painted my toolbox today and I'll have to admit, it turned out 100 times better then I was thinking it would. I had to do something becaue the aluminum from the toolbox was turning all of my stuff black. I used the Dupli-Color Spray on Bedliner. It comes in a can just like regular spray paint and costs about $8 a can, I used about a can and a half. My digital camera sucks, so try to ignore the bad picture quality, I figured I would post a few pics so you all can see how it turned out :) The black part is the spray on bedliner :)






The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Mudneck

Thanks for sharing the pics of your box :P
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

SkyHighT100

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

wilburz

yes, i have to admit. that is one sweet box!!

Always nice to take a little time and spiff up the old box. Sometimes they do get a little dirty and musky! You should probably open up your box more often and air it out. That helps alot too!

Did you , by any chance, use any detergents along with some water, to wash and rinse your box out prior to prettying it up? A light mixture of water and vinegar works well on an old box.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

#13_LT-R450

LT-R = SICK!!!!

Why stroke it two times when you can stroke it four?

SkyHighT100

Ya, I used a bit of soap and water... even scrubbed it with a sponge! Then, I had to bring out the big guns to do a little trim work, but as you can see it sure cleans up nicely  ;D. I'll have to remember that thing about airing it out... that may explain the smell I get every now and then when I open the lid.. hmmm. Oh well, now that it's nice and clean and shiny again, I guess I should go find something to put inside!

geeze ya'll are some pervs, hehe  :P
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Joedirt

Excellent work on your box...hosing it out is not enough...sometimes it needs a good coating.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

450rcrazy

it's nice to put tools in a clean box,but be careful dont put dirty tools in your box or youll have to repeat the whole process ,and some dirt can get stuck in the box forever. :ThumbsUp.gif

xr100racer

i pulled the carpet out and did the interior of my old jeep with that same stuff and it look great for a little while but then it started chipping off everywhere and it was always hard to clean. i would add an extra coat when it got dirty. but i didnt prep it that great and i sprayed it on top of the paint without sanding. my buddy just did HERCULINER in his jeep and its awsome. it cleans out so easy, its like resistant to dirt and water you just wipe it off. little more expensive though

CABLEGUY1

You should keep your box open for a while during the day to air it out.Dont worry about the rain because it's good to get your box wet inside sometimes to keep it working smoothly. If you keep your box clean and in good working order you never have to worry about your man using someone elses box. I personally like the look of a box that's clean and lined with a small strip of carpet.

Mudneck

Quote from: xr100racer on October 10, 2006, 07:08:01 PM
i pulled the carpet out and did the interior of my old jeep with that same stuff and it look great for a little while but then it started chipping off everywhere and it was always hard to clean. i would add an extra coat when it got dirty. but i didnt prep it that great and i sprayed it on top of the paint without sanding. my buddy just did HERCULINER in his jeep and its awsome. it cleans out so easy, its like resistant to dirt and water you just wipe it off. little more expensive though


So your buddy did your box the same?

Damn skyhy keep your tools wrapped up & they wont roll around and bang up the inside of the box,oh yea dont stick too many tools in it either it may ding up the sides ;D
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

SkyHighT100

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Old_School

#12
 b:r  What are you people talking about again? I need a clean towel now. lol.          -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

xr100racer


eldiablo64

hey does that box have locks on it? lmao
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

#15
I know it has a deterrent system....   Scooter :box.gif
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

eldiablo64

i didn't have a box but my friend had 2 so he let me use 1 for like 6 months man that was a good box!!!lol
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

debatethis

I think it's great you did away with the carpet to the Brazilian style. Looks good, but you must have stuck both hands in to the elbows to get it that clean   :o I just hope it's still in shape enough to hold things in. I'd Hate to see a box so worn out that stuff just falls out  :(
The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !

yfz450runner

what a nice looking clean BOX!!!! looks good!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com