what do you think of these tires

Started by cutngrs, October 06, 2006, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutngrs

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

UncleRico

I've never seen anything like it.

I wonder if they work.  I noticed in the pictures, they don't show the guy coming out of the mud.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cutngrs

did you read it all he says that he wins all the  mud races i wonder i would like to see them in person
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

Bigscrb15

they look like they would make a great trail tire, or even a good tire for flattrack. I bet they ride really smooth
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

cutngrs

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on October 06, 2006, 10:20:43 PM
they look like they would make a great trail tire, or even a good tire for flattrack. I bet they ride really smooth


THATS TO MUCH TIRE FOR YOU ;D
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

xr100racer

im thinking donuts on pavement and a rooster of sparks

yunt2ride

I would say no floatation and you may can get a local welder to build them cheaper for you.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

UncleRico

If they're made of metal, we could put them on a banshee and ride them on the street at night...the sparks would make for an excellent video clip.


Who knows how to weld?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

digginfool

The drag those vanes would put on the engine while churning through the water would steal all your power.  Only thing those POS would be good for is aerating the garden.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

MachineDog

I agree, they'd dig to the bottom like a drill bit and probably continue digging once it found the mud bottom. And if it's a bottomless mud, forget it.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

450rcrazy

I agree I think all they would do is dig no flat surface area on the face to keep it on top of the mud.Yes lugs are needed for forward progression and they must be open enough to clear out but the flat part of the tire helps float on top and not just dig.But I have been wrong before.

xr100racer

also, with these tires you would now have the possibility of acctually sinking your 4 wheeler in deep water. with regular tires you can jump off and it will float

yunt2ride

If they were so awsome, people would build them for their mud trucks that they use at the mud races with.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Grassman68

Not to mention the cv axles you would go through!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

reconmudder

I think thay would be good tires if you were floating in the water.
recon has
1:Air filter
2:Mudlite tires
3:Snorkel
Dirtbike has
1:renthal sproket and chain
2:#44
3:new tires
Soon have on dirtbike
2:Sponsor stickers

[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/machinedogtag/detail?.dir=8586re2&.dnm=3b84re2.jpg&.src=ph"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/machinedogtag/detail?.dir=8586re2&.dnm=3b84re2.jpg&.src=ph[/url]

MadMudder

They look like 4 big tickets to 4 big holes to sit in. Theres only 2 bikes that would be able to turn them with wheelspin and you would need like dana 44s to use them... 8)
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

MachineDog

I agree, unless you're on a super high lifted bike these tires have no air to lift the bike and keep it floating on the mud. The only good tire in the super deep lug style are 28" Vampire EDLs with 2" lug depth.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

dnigels

I already got me some of these.....I pull them behind my tractor in a contraption I like to call a "tiller".  This guy must have seen them and ripped off the idea.  Is nothing sacred anymore.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

450rcrazy

another thought once your bike got stuck in the mud with these tires I believe they would function like boat anchors making it nearly impossible to pull out .bikes get vacuum sucked into the mud bad enough without a full set of anchors.May be why the guy is selling them in the first place.

Rotaxian

I wouldn't want to be behind the guy. Can you imagine  having a fin fly off?  They kind of look like a sand tire.
"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference to the world, but the Marines don't have that problem..." President Ronald Reagan

Bombardier 400HOxt
FR125 Rotax Minimax (crewchief)

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com