Open winner @ Jasper

Started by yfz#78, September 25, 2006, 09:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfz#78

I noticed that they have Scott Sheffield under the open winner on the SFTL website. An error has occurred! Raymond #66 won the open main, by a nice margin as I recall. What's up?

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

yfz#78

I know at the drivers meeting they said that if the winner wasn't a league member, the 1st place points would be awarded to the next league member in the finishing order. No one said that if the winner wasn't a league member it's like he never even won. Was this a mistake on the website?

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

HillKiller

#2
The website is for league members only and this forum is for everyone. Raymond isn't a league member because he works at least half of the weekends we race. No mistake, the info on SFTL is correct.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

Hillkiller is correct, if Raymond wants to be part of the league and get league perks he needs to sign up. Since everyone has to drop two races, he could still be in the running for the championship.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Scott270r

Quote from: yfz#78 on September 25, 2006, 09:10:37 PM
I noticed that they have Scott Sheffield under the open winner on the SFTL website. An error has occurred! Raymond #66 won the open main, by a nice margin as I recall. What's up?

Is Raymond going to make Ocala Thunderbowl in 2 weeks? I would sure like to get to race him heads up there. I know that track well and think I could give him a much better showing, but if not I will be much better prepared for Jasper next time around too. We'll see if he can make it two in a row or not. Keep in mind one thing, there won't be any single file starts in any heat race ever again. And they will be watching for people who jump the starts.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

1fastltr450

Is Raymond going to make Ocala Thunderbowl in 2 weeks? I would sure like to get to race him heads up there. I know that track well and think I could give him a much better showing, but if not I will be much better prepared for Jasper next time around too. We'll see if he can make it two in a row or not. Keep in mind one thing, there won't be any single file starts in any heat race ever again. And they will be watching for people who jump the starts.
[/quote]


Thats funny sh!t right there, I dont care who you are.

Scott last time I was right behind you, next time I am going to right ahead of you. lol.
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Scott270r

LOL Gary,

I know that you and the rest of the 20 somethings will rule the roost one day soon.........BUT NOT YET!!! ;D
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

dreth

Quote from: Scott270r on September 26, 2006, 07:15:15 PM
LOL Gary,

I know that you and the rest of the 20 somethings will rule the roost one day soon.........BUT NOT YET!!! ;D



git im Scott ;)

yfz#78

#8
When the idea of the league came about, it sounded like a group getting together for the good of the sport. An organization true to laying down a foundation so that the sport of flat track racing would grow. Where has that mentality gone? It seems to me that all the SFTL is about is the organization and the members that belong to it. I'm all about the fun, the racing, the family atmosphere, and the sport. I can understand that Scott was the open points winner for 9/23, but on the SFTL site he is listed as the event winner. Everyone should be recognized regardless of their affiliation with the league. It's called sportsmanship. It sounds to me like we need a site that is devoted to the sport of flat track racing, not just a club and those in the club.

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

Scott270r

YFZ #78,

Why can't Raymond speak for himself, what are you his spokesperson? Why didn't he just pay the $25 to join the League? You came to an ATV race setup BY THE LEAGUE. You Keep posting that picture of Raymond like he is world champion or something. If I remember correctly he directly benefited from not only a single file gimmy BS start in the first heat(in 1st place), but also a crazy scoring system that goes against everything we have ever done so far.(How'd he do in the 2nd heat?) Numerous crazy breakdowns from riders who handed him his A$$ in Valdosta (where he didn't even qualify for the "A" Main) as well as getting an early start on the green light in the main, that for yet another unexplained reason wasn't restarted with him on the penalty row.

Come on down to Ocala in 2 weeks on a track we have all raced on before, join  the league (the one that organizes all these races for us) and see what you can do there. Props to you if you win, but I seriously doubt that you will even make the "A" main again. At Ocala, you can't cheat the starts or sandbag when you don't get the start you want and get another restart either. That BS is over with now. Raymond pulled that BS in Valdosta and got away with it. He pulled that same BS in Jasper and got away with it. I'm telling you now its over, don't even try that sh!t anymore or its the penalty row for you.

If you don't like the league and the guys in it, go form your own league and get a new group of guys in it. But you don't get to come to a League race as a non-member and cry about the posts. I was the first place League member and I AM in the League. Tell Raymond to pay a measly $25 and he will be on the League website if he wins again.

I am going to request we get put in the same heats together so you won't even have to wait for us to go heads up. I am eagerly looking forward to showing you my "A" game first hand there. Come get some in the Open class there #78.....I hope to see you and Raymond there. Just join the League and we will see who wins next Saturday. 8)
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

HillKiller

Quote from: yfz#78 on September 26, 2006, 09:39:57 PM
When the idea of the league came about, it sounded like a group getting together for the good of the sport. An organization true to laying down a foundation so that the sport of flat track racing would grow. Where has that mentality gone? It seems to me that all the SFTL is about is the organization and the members that belong to it. I'm all about the fun, the racing, the family atmosphere, and the sport. I can understand that Scott was the open points winner for 9/23, but on the SFTL site he is listed as the event winner. Everyone should be recognized regardless of their affiliation with the league. It's called sportsmanship. It sounds to me like we need a site that is devoted to the sport of flat track racing, not just a club and those in the club.

   As I said in my response earlier, the SFTL site is for league members, in other words, those who have paid dues to be recognized weekly and even more importantly at the end of the series. This forum and the tracks we race at can recognize non-league members. Raymond has told me himself he works alot of weekends so I can only guess that is why he hasn't become a member. If he wants to join, the red carpet is out and his points will begin to be counted as was stated in the drivers meeting and listed in the rules. We do not and will not list names of people on the SFTL site that are not league members simply because: 1) The website costs money to operate, money that is paid from members who paid dues. 2)  If we started posting non-league riders on the results page then others would want to know why non-league riders aren't listed in the points tables. Again, the SFTL site is for the members who support it.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

yfz#78

#11
 :'( :'( You'll be ok Scott  :'( :'(

[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: yfz#78 on September 26, 2006, 09:39:57 PM
When the idea of the league came about, it sounded like a group getting together for the good of the sport. An organization true to laying down a foundation so that the sport of flat track racing would grow. Where has that mentality gone? It seems to me that all the SFTL is about is the organization and the members that belong to it. I'm all about the fun, the racing, the family atmosphere, and the sport. I can understand that Scott was the open points winner for 9/23, but on the SFTL site he is listed as the event winner. Everyone should be recognized regardless of their affiliation with the league. It's called sportsmanship. It sounds to me like we need a site that is devoted to the sport of flat track racing, not just a club and those in the club.

Since the jasper race was a league race, set up by the league, and they dont have any other quad racing.. We have the right to make it a LEAGUE only race... Im sure none of the 30+ memebers would have a problem with that...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

550superquad



Since the jasper race was a league race, set up by the league, and they dont have any other quad racing.. We have the right to make it a LEAGUE only race... Im sure none of the 30+ memebers would have a problem with that...
[/quote]

i don't  8) :-*  GET IT RAGGGGGGGGGGGGG
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Quad32x

Im still tied for ninth ! :Clap.gif
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

HillKiller

Quote from: Quad32x on September 27, 2006, 08:31:06 AM
Im still tied for ninth ! :Clap.gif

...and you are going to stay there if you don't get off your arse and race! Next points race is Oct 7 practically in your backyard so get it! ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Skully

[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

LTR450ApK

tim you sausage,get that zilla running man!!

LTR450ApK

tim you sausage,get that zilla running man!!

HillKiller

#19
A couple more Jasper pics






[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Quad32x

I see a Fat Guy bringing it ! ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

HillKiller

...yeah bringing it home from the grocery store! ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Quad32x

SO ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Skully

Hey........
That's my dust in the last pic, searching for that all important cushion that I could never find! ;D But it did make them come out and water the outside of the track....... It makes me feel so proud! :-[
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

Quad32x

Quote from: Skully on October 03, 2006, 08:24:54 AM
Hey........
That's my dust in the last pic, searching for that all important cushion that I could never find! ;D But it did make them come out and water the outside of the track....... It makes me feel so proud! :-[
None the less you musta been bringing it bruther ! O0

[attachment deleted by admin]
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com