Tires and WHeels

Started by AmericanRobster, September 23, 2006, 12:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

Ok, I have the stock wheels and tires still on my ATV. I want to upgrade to 27 inch tires all the way around. I am also looking for rims that would work too. I would like to have a big rim like a 14 inch with 27 inch tires, would this motification affect the performance of my 500 4x4 auto atv? would I be able to run this combination without a problem?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

JackL

No problems with 28" gators on the stock 12" wheels of a 500 Vinson.
Your speedo will be wrong after though.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

yunt2ride

If you go with a 14 inch wheel you will be limited to the type of tire you put on it because there are not as many made for them yet.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Kawa3

Quote from: yunt2ride on September 24, 2006, 06:46:55 AM
If you go with a 14 inch wheel you will be limited to the type of tire you put on it because there are not as many made for them yet.

you will also lose floation.

You are better off asking at www.arcticchat.com also 06cattrv or something like that knows a lot an has one on 28" outlaws and is lifting it and some other goodies.
2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

rancher4lyfe

27" TIRES SHOULDNT BE BAD.I GOT 26" TIRES ON MY 350 RANCHER AND THEIR FINE!!
LTR450 YELLOW WITH C-BOMB,PRO TAPERS AND NERF BARS .RANCHER 350 26"GATORS ON ITP RIMS
2003 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB WITH EXHAUST

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com