LTR450???

Started by Mike#44, September 13, 2006, 06:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike#44

I was in the market for a new quad and since I mainly ride MX, was thinking of the new Suzi.  However if you read the forums, it seems like there's a few problems with them.  Mainly, transmissions.  Anybody own one or hear of any horror stories with these quads?
Thanks
07 LTR450 Vet #99

LT-R450ApK

i own one and have a few friends that have them,No problems yet,Honda has the same issue with the tranny,I personally think its a coin toss
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

1fastltr450

mine was whinning and then I started using a semi-sethic oil and that stoped. Thanks to Scooter
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 13, 2006, 07:53:52 AM
mine was whinning and then I started using a semi-sethic oil and that stoped. Thanks to Scooter
.

Looks like you and your bike have that in common!  ;D
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on September 13, 2006, 07:59:44 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 13, 2006, 07:53:52 AM
mine was whinning and then I started using a semi-sethic oil and that stoped. Thanks to Scooter
.


lol

Looks like you and your bike have that in common!  ;D
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Quad32x

One big problem with it is its a 4-stroke. ::)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

jujulo700R

I have heard that there have been a lot of issues with weak frames and as a result the frames have been cracking out on the track! :o
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

Mike#44

07 LTR450 Vet #99

Hoosier Daddy

Umm. i saw the recall notice myself...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

4fittyr

recalls on 03 z400  NOT LTR 450 BUT ID BUY THE HONDA450R  MORE RELIABLE
if u can't be good be good at it

fastrnrik

All of the 450's (Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha) are excellent machines, and they all have their share of problems. I personally have a YFZ450, which is an excellent quad.

Mike#44

I don't want to spend the money to make the Honda or Yammie "WIDE"
07 LTR450 Vet #99

fastrnrik

If you're going to MX, then you will at least need to spend $$$ on shocks.

Mike#44

I'll just let GTThunder work the stockers.  Swap Handlebars, nerfs, muffler, Cherrybomb, then maybe tires, that's it.  But not if the tranny is going to fry itself.
07 LTR450 Vet #99

superstar

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on September 13, 2006, 07:59:44 AM
Quote from: 1fastltr450 on September 13, 2006, 07:53:52 AM
mine was whinning and then I started using a semi-sethic oil and that stoped. Thanks to Scooter
.

Looks like you and your bike have that in common!  ;D

lmao, talk about a gluttin, you left yourself wide open on that one.  ;D

LE450-RACER#77

I love the YFZ but if I bought a new quad it would be a Suzuki for sure.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

tony pitts

#16
I would say go with what you want. I have all three except the ltr450 I HAVE TRX450 05 it has 4 cracks and and one break in the frame from mx allready.a 03 z400 with 1 break so far and an 04 yfz450 has been the best overall with no breaks and its seen harescramble and mx tracks.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Fox17

buy wheel spacers. that makes it wide. go with the yfz. best frame. well the kfx450 or whatever it is called will ahve the best frame. aluminum. but all 3 or 4 soon are the same basically. get the best lookin one.

Mike#44

Maybe I'll get an open-faced helmet too.   ;D
07 LTR450 Vet #99

Fox17

hmmmmmm?  ??? ??? i didnt get that.

fastrnrik

I personally wear my old football helmet with no mask a la Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider".

Mike#44

Wheel spacers are about as safe as an open-faced helmet.
07 LTR450 Vet #99

Fox17


UncleRico

I like all the 450's...plus Kawasaki is coming out with their 450 soon. I'd take any of them. I guess it's just a matter of personal choice.

I have a Honda and I love mine. Never had any problem with it ever.


If I had to shell out the money, and I were buying a new 450.

I'd get a Honda....

But I'd buy a Yamaha if I needed a weed whacker. Those guys make one hell of a weed whacker. It works great when it's not broke down. But I hear they're making like 90 + changes to next years weed whacker.

And I hear Suzuki makes a really nice scooter for old people, it's electric and has a basket on the front. And when you back up it make a really cool....(I don't want to ruin the surprise).


Of course, I might just be a little biased. 

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

arod

#24
 for what you are going to pay for a stock z450, check out mrs. nightbreed' s bad-ass,turn-key mx yfz450 for $6500. it is in the for sale section. my .02

« on: August 31, 2006, 02:21:58 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 framed Yamaha YFZ450 race quad:

Gussetted and PC'd frame
+2 LONG TRAVEL JB a-arms
Custom Axis LONG TRAVEL shocks
JB swing arm
Douglas beadlock rears
Douglas 190 front wheels
ASV levers
YZ starter switch
Alba pipe
Carbonfiber heat sheild
K&N filter w/Pro Design billet adaptor
Tag bars
ODI grips
WER stabilizer
New extended clutch and throttle cables
New interstate battery
All steel braided brake lines

ATP engine work:
*439cc 13.1:1 JE high compression piston
*New cylinder and piston has less than 5 hrs
*ATP national porting
*oil mod
*after-market connecting rod
*Fresh 9 plate clutch

If I have missed anything, please drop us a line and we would be glad to answer any questions you may have.
$6500.00 obo

atpracing@earthlink.net
407-880-3171


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com