Proud new owner of a CR500! Pics added!

Started by Toomey, September 10, 2006, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomey

I picked up a 1991 CR500 that is in AWESOME shape on Saturday.  Got a good deal, but put 500 miles on the truck.  ::)  I don't have any official pictures or ride results and reviews yet, but I'll be sure to post them when I do.  Just thought I'd put this up.  And yes, I'm both excited and happy!  :Fp :H :J :O :K :Approve.gif
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

mikeE36


Fox17

awesome. them cr500s are BAD bikes. make sure you hang on really good. ;)

Old_School

^^^Ditto.  Be prepared to have sore forearms from the constant torque wanting to rip you off the seat. Nothing like a big bore 2 stroke. Low end like a big cc 4 stroke with the top end of a 2 stroke screamer.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

klutchbuster400

Better keep that thing in 3rd gear all the time.

koh0001

Sweet. Post some pics when you get them. Don't let that big boy dump you on your noodle. ;D
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

lawn_man mx

sweet man!!!!!!  hold  on  tighttttttttttttt .......... ;D ride red!!!!!!   
05 yfz houser hiper  elka rpm alba   03 cr125   05 f350 fx4     braaauuuupppp !!!!  ftr +30B #58

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

trx-250kid

i rode a 250r i just could imagine a 500 dammmmmmm you arent even that big lol this is kelli saunders brother we rode at croom
**********Raptor350*************
****TRX250 with BLACK DG bumper****

Toomey

#9
Quote from: trx-250kid on September 12, 2006, 11:28:14 PM
i rode a 250r i just could imagine a 500 dammmmmmm you arent even that big lol this is kelli saunders brother we rode at croom


Yeah I know who you are Travis. :)  I'll get some pics in a second.
I've recently spent over $500 on my RM250 redoing the forks, new tire, etc, etc, so I've got a small problem.  I'd would HATE to sell my RM250 because of the money that I put into it, and that I simply love the the bike, but I paid for the CR5 with cash, so I will either have to sell the RM or the CR.  When I go riding next I will bring them both and make a decision. 
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Toomey

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

KXKID


RAD 450r

WHOAH!!!! Sweet man  :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y , Killer deal
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Headz400

Damn looks clean for the year it is...congrats on the deal!

My opinion i think you should keep it.

PaulH

Don't break your leg kick starting that beast...

DZ 350

D@MN mario you got the 500 !!! have fun you needed more speed you said  ;D
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

Toomey

Quote from: DZ 350 on September 14, 2006, 05:38:44 PM
D@MN mario you got the 500 !!! have fun you needed more speed you said  ;D

Yeah man, I was gonna ride the Seminole trails today but I think they're closed, plus it rained anyways.  And with how much I work it's like I hope I can actually ride it one day!
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

yfz150

Can`t believe how clean it is!
Sick bike dude.
Congrats.

SpringHill Riderz

Thats a nice bike for a 91.  I was born in 91 so it was made on the amazing year!  :P

KD 428

Awesome Mario!! Post up some pics once you go riding so we can see that beast in action! 8)
HONDA CRF450R

klutchbuster400

Quote from: hondarider05 on September 15, 2006, 07:19:32 PM
Awesome Mario!! Post up some pics once you go riding so we can see that beast in action! 8)
We shall next week ;)

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Dude be careful I had a YZ490 the old timers called it a widow maker and that thing like to kill me so I sold it to kxkids dad and it just sits now. I found it to be no fun due to you consistanly fight to keep the bikes frt end down but on straight roads fun as hell. Good luck and be safe. Oh by the way sweet bike.
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

4fittyr

nice bike bro     i got an 87 cr500  king of all 500's, 60 hp stock  .best motorcycle ever built accordin to moto x magazine but im lookin to put my motor in 99 or newer alumium frame
if u can't be good be good at it

Scramdaddy

I saw a street legal one on ebay. The guy changed the stator to accomidate the electric work. He boasted "dont be scared to race light to light for pink slip's with this one".  :N
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

snowmanzz13

that is one sexi bike, don't get hurt by doin sumthin stupid
banshee :( for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!



[url="http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann"]http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com