Morons at CROOM! WHY?

Started by banana-man, September 09, 2006, 09:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banana-man

What a great place.  My son and I went there today, and had a great time, despite the examples we saw.  Why F it up by doing doughnuts, haulin azz, and wheelies in the parking lot.  Riding double, and without helmets.  Garbage, ATV parts, etc. left in the riding area.  The rangers seemed to be getting anoyed.........this abuse is how we will loose the few riding spots left.  Yorkshire, The Yucapan, many more....they're gone.  We're frowned on because of the few idiots that cannot follow some simple rules, and be respectful of the environment.

Everyone please don't F it up for my kids, and their kids,...

UncleRico

It's always a few who ruin it for the rest of us.

I agree with you 100%.  I never understood why people would speed through the parking area when there's thousands of acres out there to ride.


I do think however, they need to do a better job maintaining the trails, possibly take out some of the whoops, so people can ride the way they want without getting beat to death.

I think some of the less experienced riders, who can't handle the whoops tend to ride through the parking areas in an aggressive manner because it's one of the few places without whoops.

But that's no excuse for it. They need to knock that crap off.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

-Dan-

The problem with garbage is everywhere the same. I was at ONF last weekend and saw plastic bottles and other stuff everywhere. But even if you go to privat owned riding facilities such as DP or others were you are technically not allowed to have that kinda stuff with you on the trails, you find a decent amount of them next to the trails.

Fox17

there are morons everywhere. if you see someone doin any of this that was mentioned shoot them.

boneman

What we should do is encourage the rangers to toss their butts out. Unless the rules are rigidly enforced, you will always have aholes that will do this crap.  :banghead.gif

jujulo700R

#5
I agree. Enough is enough and this stuff has to stop. I don't get it. There are HUGH dumping areas in the parking lots at Croom. Why is it so hard to throw the trash in there? Just wait, it is only a matter of time before one of those speedy jerks goes racing through the parking lot and strikes a little kid, and then all the drama will start. It is sad. :(
Just a little fast and just a little furious.

450rcrazy

I agree its rediculas I also am sick of people racing around the campground its supposed to be walking speed only

Mille_Drew

They need to make a "no tolerance" policy at Croom. 

sbripple

I prefer we get rid of the 2 wheelers and go 4x4 only.A lot less retards and fast drivers.Thats just me .Sorry but I personally dont like to ride around the clowns on the go fast machines goin fast and loud.Also I wont ride with a helmet.I dont go fast enough for it to be necesary and its harder to drink my beer.ha


450rcrazy

QuoteI wont ride with a helmet.I dont go fast enough for it to be necesary and its harder to drink my beer.ha

Not to be rude but I think I am much safer being on a sport bike going 60 than you are with no helmet and under the influance

Paul_S

Quote from: sbripple on September 12, 2006, 08:52:46 PM
I prefer we get rid of the 2 wheelers and go 4x4 only.A lot less retards and fast drivers.Thats just me .Sorry but I personally dont like to ride around the clowns on the go fast machines goin fast and loud.Also I wont ride with a helmet.I dont go fast enough for it to be necesary and its harder to drink my beer.ha
sbNipple you gotta be kidding?

kenz

I have to agree about the idiots at Croom.  There were a couple of aholes spinning donuts in the Sand Hill area parking lot the last time I was there.  It's like WTF, the pit is right there with hardpack to spin donuts on.  I guess some people don't use a brain cell they were born with.  These same people drive on the highway. :O

Sbribble -- What do have against the Dirt Bikes?  Of the people out there I haven't seen those guys go ripping through the parking areas.  I have seen the guys on sport quads do it though.  By the way I ride a sport quad and I find it pretty irresponsible and inconsiderate of those that speed through those areas.   Like to chuck one of those devices that the cops use to blow out tires in front of them.

I hope that you are kidding about drinking alcohol and riding and not wearing a helmet.  Cause that just ain't right.  I wish I could find some smartazz remark that Croom should ban 4x4 Ute ATVs, but I actually like the auger pits that you guys make...they are fun to jump out of.  Let's face it Ute ATVs handle like tanks...you're just jealous of us sport guys.  ;D ;D
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

sbripple

I dont have nothing against dirt bikes other than they make too much noise and go too fast.I think people that drive 4x4 s are usually slower drivers.I am just too old I guess .I just like to putt around and not have to worry about gettin run over.I am sure I am in the minority but I can live with that.you guys have fun just think about everyone else while you do it .

UncleRico

"I don't have nothing...."


Easy with the double negatives, chief.

"I don't have ANYthing"
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

dnigels

I gotta get me one of those helmets!  Can you say vodka martini shaken not stirred?
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

sbripple

glad I got a carpet bagger to save me  from bad language.HE aint got no sense thinkin he needs to correct my language.Typical northern transplant.I dont want the special drink helmet ....it shakes up the beer too badly.Ha  just kidding guys.I like to see everyone having fun .I personally prefer to go slow and turn up mud pits for you zippy guys .Also its fun pullin you guys outta the mud.You hook your end and anything I rip off I get to keep.

yamaha350r

im not sure when the last time some of you were at croom but aprarently the rangers dont really care to much because they just ride around in there trucks and dont really check for stickers at the front.... thye should have a few rangers on utes out there in each parking lot and a few more just roaming around but other than that i agree there are idiots that ride as fast as they want to thru the parking lot and there just endarging themselves bye doing so,,,,

xr100racer

you want to outlaw dirtbikes at croom? just shut up sbribble, every post ive ever read of yours offends someone else, and your always talking about, "well ill be out there drinking my beer." you talk about drinking and riding atvs so much its like you got to prove your cool and drink and ride. stop saying stupid s***

cheropride

Quote from: sbripple on September 13, 2006, 08:32:40 PM
I dont have nothing against dirt bikes other than they make too much noise and go too fast.I think people that drive 4x4 s are usually slower drivers.I am just too old I guess .I just like to putt around and not have to worry about gettin run over.I am sure I am in the minority but I can live with that.you guys have fun just think about everyone else while you do it .

Ya know on this one I'm don't see where he is so far off, give the guy a break.  A bunch of older folks much rather putt-along w/4-wheelers and little mud, than go haulin-a$$.  I have nothing against dirt bikes, nothing against quads, but I would have to say, more than half the time I see someone doing a dounuts are usually on dirk bikes.  They do go fast, and I personally would not ride one.  I don't really think though that it's the bikes themselves, it is the people who ride them.  Youngsters just need to respect and take care of what we ride.  I can honestly say that I really don't think anyone from here rides like that.  As for having a beer or two for a ride, yea, I've done that too.  I don't get trashed, but I will take a long trail ride and have a beer.  And I know for a fact, many do the same.  The main thing is know your limit, and know when to park it.  And no, I don't wear a helmet when I trail riding.  One must understand that trail riding is just that, you lucky if you go 5 mph. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yea, some of his post where a little off at times, but for the most part he just speaks his mind. 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

boneman


sbripple

thank you cherotpride.I do have my flaws.also my opinions often offend others .But I aint a bad guy most the time.I dont  worry about people gettin upset and most the time they put words in my mouth.Sorry you guys on the fast machines ,but I dont like them and pefer not to ride around them .I do however find myself amoungst them many times and I bite my tongue and just go the other way.I really dont think guys like me are the problem out there.I putt and  I drink a few beers.That does not automatically translate to driving enebreated.I prefer to ride with 4 wheelers while I allow the other go fast 2 wheelers their right to have their fun too,as long as they are respectful of the others out there.

Teej

Are there any ideas as to how we can let the rangers that we support them and want enforcement of the rules? I'll bet they would appreciate our support and do a better job of putting the rif-raf out.

Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

UncleRico

#23
Quote from: Teej on September 16, 2006, 04:30:43 PM
Are there any ideas as to how we can let the rangers that we support them and want enforcement of the rules? I'll bet they would appreciate our support and do a better job of putting the rif-raf out.

Teej

Be careful what you wish for!  Remember, Croom is one of the last public riding spots available. Now take into consideration that you have, Racers, Novices, Casual Riders, and First Timers all converging on the same place.

Where I prefer to ride fast, agressively, and jump the back of the berms to get air, someone like my good friend Cheropride likes a nice casual slow trail ride sans helmet.


If we start asking the rangers to enforce the rules more stringently, we run the risk of them taking away more of our freedoms.

Do we really want that?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

sbripple

No we dont want that .the fewer rules the better but we need to police ourselves.I do tell the young maniacs to slow their asses down when they are endangering me or my family and friends.I have also yanked one off his machine to better get his attention.Most the time though the guys cuttin up will say sorry when confronted and after realizing they were getting carried away will excercise better judgement.I have met some great people out there riding and even though we all get carried away from time to time ,sometimes just a gentle reminder is all thats needed.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com