Diesal Oil for 4 wheelers?

Started by EVANSTURF, February 24, 2005, 12:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVANSTURF

Anyone ever use diesal oil for there quad? Would it stay cooler than regular oil?
HOnda 400ex Tag X5 bars, UMF Air Scoops, ShockWears

Redgrizzly660

I used Rotella 15-40 in my quads because that what I used in my trucks and RV. Diesel engine are very dirty and require a high detergent motor oil. I am not sure if using a diesel motor oil is a good ar bad thing but I buy it by the gallons.

Grizz

T2

That what I use in my truck too, but I never ran it in my quad though :-/ Dont know
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Mars

It will work fine.
 Even Harley Davidson sugjest 15w40 truck oil if "HD" oil is not availible.
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

MadMudder

Man woudln't have ever thought of that but it kinda does sound logical. Sorta.....
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

TOY_DOCTOR

On the grizzly you could probably get away with it, (no wet clutch), on other engines that have a wet clutch you are better off to use a oil that is made for that application or premature clutch failure could occur..
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

Chuck_Norris


IT200

You should allways use a premium pretroleum based oil in your quad engines. Oil is one of the primary coolants for the motor. Synthetic oils do not absorb or transfer heat the way petroleum based oils do causing your engine to run hotter.
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400