Is there a Recall site for Kazuma that anyone knows about??

Started by Loven It, September 05, 2006, 03:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loven It

I have been internet searching and I am looking to see if there have been any recalls on any of the Kazuma 50cc's. I have not had much luck in finding a site that has recall info listed. If anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Ride1Rob

I haven't heard of any recalls on them and the site doesn't say anything about a recall from what I saw either. Here's the site http://www.kazumausa.com/
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Loven It

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 05, 2006, 03:21:12 PM
I haven't heard of any recalls on them and the site doesn't say anything about a recall from what I saw either. Here's the site http://www.kazumausa.com/
.

I checked there too and didn't see anything thanks for checking too.

The gas tank broke where the neck goes into the gas tank (not where you put the cap on). When this happened it caused gas to spew all over a 6ry old. Literally covered his pants from knees to ankels in gas. This is not something that breaks from normal wear and tear in my opinion. The cracked plastics I am ok with not gas leaking all over a kid!

This is the only problem we have had with it but it is a huge problem.



   

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Ride1Rob

That is serious. Did you e mail them about it? My son has a 90 and it's been fine.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

Loven It

Quote from: Ride1Rob on September 05, 2006, 04:43:33 PM
That is serious. Did you e mail them about it? My son has a 90 and it's been fine.

Yes everyday for the past 5 days...famous no response yet!
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Loven It

why is this in the tech corner? Its not a technical question. I put it in the open forum so that everyone would see it....
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

UncleRico

WOW! That's not good..You're lucky your 6 year old wasn't smoking at the time..that would have been really bad.

I would be on the phone for that one, not so much for the fact that yours broke, but to keep anyone from having the same thing happening to them.


That's potentially deadly.


I'll see if I can find you a number.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

UncleRico

The guy you want to mention in your email is JIMMY TSENG, he's legal counsel and head of Stannic Motor Spares. They are the parent company of Kazuma.

Sunny@kazuma.com is Sunny Chang  - he's VP of sales orders...you can get contact information from him. (Don't tell him I gave you his personal email)

Drop the name JIMMY TSENG in the email, and you might get a more efficient response.

Be sure to use the keywords 'defect' 'fuel' 'potential death and disfigurement' 'negligence' and 'lawsuit' in your email.

That should get their attention.

Stannic Motor Spares Engineering Ltd
Country/Territory: Taiwan 
Address: No.3, Alley 16, Jih Hsing Lane, Chung Hsing Road Sec2, TA LI, TW, Taiwan 

If all else fails, call this number Tel:86-577-86763793 (they're on Taiwan time) and ask for an english speaking representative.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Loven It

Quote from: UncleRico on September 05, 2006, 10:32:59 PM
The guy you want to mention in your email is JIMMY TSENG, he's legal counsel and head of Stannic Motor Spares. They are the parent company of Kazuma.

Sunny@kazuma.com is Sunny Chang  - he's VP of sales orders...you can get contact information from him. (Don't tell him I gave you his personal email)

Drop the name JIMMY TSENG in the email, and you might get a more efficient response.

Be sure to use the keywords 'defect' 'fuel' 'potential death and disfigurement' 'negligence' and 'lawsuit' in your email.

That should get their attention.

Stannic Motor Spares Engineering Ltd
Country/Territory: Taiwan 
Address: No.3, Alley 16, Jih Hsing Lane, Chung Hsing Road Sec2, TA LI, TW, Taiwan 

If all else fails, call this number Tel:86-577-86763793 (they're on Taiwan time) and ask for an english speaking representative.



Thank you for your advice..I got an email finally this morning from the Texas location, in other words the states headquarters. They want me to send them the tank for inspection. Who knows when they will send one back. I told them I am not looking for something for free. I want them to be aware of the situation. It could be a freak malfunction that happened to ours but the needed to be aware. I told them too that I wanted them to be aware when it comes to something like this the dealer was no where to be found - to handle this with them. Kazuma does not deal with the customer directly. In this situation they will. So that is a good thing.

The last email I sent was headed: FUEL LEAK ON A 6YR OLD CHILD and marked urgent and I got a reply with in 20mins.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT