Z400 Performance CDI

Started by cubnfrank, August 28, 2006, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubnfrank

Has anyone changed out their stock CDI unit to an aftermarket high performance CDI on a Z400. If so, how did it work and what brand did you buy? My Z400 has a Yoshimura pipe and a K&N filter. First gear is kinda short, I want to see if I could get more rev's out of this motor
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

TOY_DOCTOR

I run the procom cdi and there is a noticable difference, it is a good easy cheap upgrade.  KEN
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

cubnfrank

Toy Doctor, Im ready to try it. I'll look for the procom. There are so many differant brands out there I wondered what the differance was between them
Thanks
FTR #40 Retired
Polaris Sportsman 570 4x4
Honda TRX 450r
Suzuki Z400
Yamaha Banshee
Honda TRX 250

gery350

I hear dynatech is good, I have an SRP cdi box on mines and i like it alot.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]