Main Menu

MUD TIRES

Started by Ynot0323, August 28, 2006, 01:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yunt2ride

I just put a set of 28 inch dirt devils on mine. Stock no lift. They don't rub but they are a little wore. I would go with a 27 inch if it was me. Mudlite or dirt devil X/T
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

bugmanjr

Ynot0323

They come close to rubbing, thats for sure.. Small spacers would be a good investment (get steel)..
My buddy doesnt have them and has been rding like that for about 6 months, no issues.
Get the narrow 26" (9.5) for the front and the wide (12") ones for the rear.. The more narrow tire in the front will make your steering effort alot less.. and by the way I think you might be able to find a better price if you look around some more. Remember just because the tire price is good Check The Shipping Price..

Good Luck
bUg
08 Sportsman 800 HO
08 Sportsman 800 Touring
04 Sportsman 700 12in Lift
81 Honda 200 Three Wheeler
WWW.MRBUGSTERMITEANDPEST.COM

Grassman68

mudbugs mudbugs mudbugs :ThumbsUp.gif

Silverstar

#28
go to ebay and do a search for "swamp witch". i have heard from several people that these are very good in the mud and yet they still are pretty smooth on trails. they are actually the tire that highlifter designed their new outlaw mst's after. and the best part is that you can get 4-27" tires shipped for around $280!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.

polariskid

go to www.atvoutfitters.net thats were i got my tires and they have some really good prices. i would go with mudbugs 27in with 10 up front and 12 out back because mud bugs arent as wide as they say they are and there not heavy at all
2002 Polaris Sportsman 500 Freedom Series, 27 inch Mud Bugs on ITP Type 5 series rims, 2 inch lift kit, Custom Snorkel, K&N

johnnygun

i put itp 589's on my rig. wanted the same thing...good mud and no death by bumpy ride on trails.
itp 589's are a little heavier than the mug bugs, but i was willing to trade that for the rim edge/bead protector on the 589's.  i've been very happy. good luck.
2005 arctic cat 500LE, snorkel, ITP 589'S,WARN Winch, k&n air, Vision black 161 wheels, SPEEDWERX pipe'd & jetted.
2006 arctic cat 400,WARN Winch, k&n air, cat alloy 7-spoke wheels.
1985 Honda ATC 250sx, UNI air, ITP alloy's.
old everglades swamp rat..area 3-A, camp 23

mudder

I have mudzillas and I love them I can get through almost
anything I must say almost :)
I have heard that outlaws are very good
and with a 27" tire on most bikes you will not need a lift
kit it may rub in the front a bit on tight turns  but it not
much of a problem
05 Dodge Ram quadcab (hemi)
89 Jeep Wrangler
04 Polaris 330 Trailboss
04 Polaris Trailblazer
05 Suzuki Lt80
06 Kingquad 27" mudzillas
2" lift kit

Silverstar

I really like my mudzillas too and they can get you through some nasty goo. I have friends that have outlaws and while they are marginally better in some mud they ride AWFUL compared to the zillas. The only thing that really bugs me about these zills is that they are terrible in sand!!! But every serious mud tire out there (EDL's, zillas, laws) suck in sand. I am thinking about going with a little less aggresive of a mud tire next time so i can get around in the sand better.
04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.

xr100racer

my buddy (94hardbody4x4) just got some 26" mudlites for the rear of his 2 wheel drive foremen. definatly slowed down the performance a little but they pull 200% better in the mud. night and day