hunting in the new atv trail area

Started by stacktester, August 31, 2006, 06:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacktester

I was curious if hunting will be allowed in the new trail system. It would seem to be a good idea that now that the hunters have us contained so to speak that we could have an area where we don't have to worry about our heads being blown off. I sure hope since there is ~300,000 acres there that we don't have to worry about it.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

GrizzlyBear

There hasn't been any formal off limits to hunters, but they wouldn't see many deer in the area of the trail system with all the noise, so one would think that if the hunter had any brains they would go elsewhere.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: stacktester on August 31, 2006, 06:30:13 PM
I was curious if hunting will be allowed in the new trail system. It would seem to be a good idea that now that the hunters have us contained so to speak that we could have an area where we don't have to worry about our heads being blown off. I sure hope since there is ~300,000 acres there that we don't have to worry about it.

ATVers are the bottom of the barrel, so I doubt they would do that. Also if they did something like that when the time came to take the land from us it would only make it harder on them to do so.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

FishaHallic

Are you kidding me, I have seen some of those hunters in Ocala.  Does the word inbread mean anything to you?  Those toothless wonders will be all over those trails along with their dogs and beer.    :pig.gif :pig.gif  suuuuuuweeee    suuuuuuweeee

Ida_Mann

Quote from: FishaHallic on September 01, 2006, 12:11:02 AM
Are you kidding me, I have seen some of those hunters in Ocala.  Does the word inbread mean anything to you?  Those toothless wonders will be all over those trails along with their dogs and beer.    :pig.gif :pig.gif  suuuuuuweeee    suuuuuuweeee

whatdoyaknow,,,,we agree on something ;-)

I've lost count of how many times I've been shot at.

I also limit my riding times to about 10am - 4pm during hunting season and STILL get shot at.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

ananomaly

I saw four deer last weekend...Two were at the Rodman trailhead. By the way Ida!!! great job on the trails.  ;D ;D
05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."

gtnwood

I could be wrong, but most or at least a lot of hunters use they're atvs when hunting to get to they're stands or to take they're stands to an area for hunting or to bring harvested deer from the woods. So I would imagine they would not be prohibited from those areas. Just a thought.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition
that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'
(From a Texas A&M student)
2005 Kodiak 450, 26" 589s

06LimitedPred

My Predator's rather loud, i think i'll be heading up that way this winter, might just have to do some early morning riding...
98 KX125

stacktester

You gotta be kidding me. Those hunters bringing a deer out of the woods. I've nver seen one of them out of the truck. That's the most pathetic crap excuse for hunters I ever did see. Run dogs and chase with a truck. I turkey hunt and the way those guys down there do it ain't hunting. They need a puking smiley face lol to show my feelings. Ida are you going to the group ride. I've seen you on here for years and would like to meet up and put a face with that crazy hat in your pic lol.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

FishaHallic

Last time I saw hunters out there I saw this guy  http://www.destgulch.com/movies/deliver/deliv01.jpg sitting on back of a pick em up truck.

eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]