Hurricane Supplies Availability

Started by Sleazy_Rider78, August 28, 2006, 11:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleazy_Rider78

Hey everyone, I know I like to goof around with a lot of things but I thought I would start up a serious topic regarding the recent hurricane and where supplies are available.  I just got finished doing my hurricane shopping and wanted everyone in the Plantation, and Davie area to know that the Publix on Pine Island Road just south of 595, in the Pine Ridge Plaza, has plenty of bottled water available.  They also have a good amount of batteries and canned goods left.  I get the feeling that things are going to start to get out of control soon and hope that this will help out anyone in that area.  Also, for anyone living near Sawgrass Mills mall, I will let you in on a little secret that I took advantage of during the hurricanes last year.  I parked my truck in the Sawgrass Mills Mall parking garage, that way no trees or anything could crush or hit it.  Also, the Fashion Mall has a pretty good sized parking garage as well.  Hopefully this will help out and we can share which stores and gas stations have the necessary supplies.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

backinsaddle

I'm not far down the road from you...the fuel lines at gas stations were already around the corners when I came home from work around 6:30, and were so most of the day...I'm already hearing of a few stations that ran out...i'm sure they'll refill tonight

glad I had taken care of everything over the weekend ;D

UncleRico

<Breaking out the Bull Horn>


"EVERYONE REMAIN CALM!!! THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE, DISPERSE IMMEDIATELY"


All you really need is a bull horn...maybe 50 lbs of bird seed....some double sided non stick tape.


UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Sleazy_Rider78

The lines at the gas stations after work today and even lunch time were ridiculous.  I haven't found a gas station that wasn't either a line of about 70 cars or out of gas.  As soon as I find one that we can access quickly I will post it.  I am gonna try and fill up the tanks tomorrow morning.  I filled up my truck yesterday so I will be good for a while.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

backinsaddle

most of the stations refuel at night...make a late night run or early morning

SkyHighT100

I am in the Deland/Orange City area (Volusia County) and went to gas up this morning before work (7am). The lines for gas were insane. Seriously, how many gas tanks do we need to fill up for cat 1? I know it's better to be prepared, and no matter what the gas will get used... but geeze, 10 tanks for a cat 1, am I missing something? LOL. Anyway, I hope everyone has already bought everything they need to, I figure this afternoon the stores are going to start getting crazy... fun fun.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

UncleRico

I can't believe how badly people OVER REACT to such a minor storm. I guess people are still gun shy from KATRINA, and what that storm did.

Ernesto, is not the storm we need to worry about...."Ernesto"...what kind of name is that, anyway....when they get to hurricane "JOCKO"...that's when I start panicking.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Hoosier Daddy

#7
Maybe your not old enough to remember Andrew...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

SkyHighT100

Andrew was a bit bigger then a tropical storm/cat 1 though. And ya, they need to come out with more "badazz" names for storms. Names that just hearing them will make people want to board thier windows... like hurricane "big motherflupper" :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

Personally Im waiting for Hurricane Chris!  ::)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

SkyHighT100

Hmm, cant imagine why that is, lol.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

Sleazy_Rider78

Wilma was a Cat 1 and she packed a pretty hard punch.  All I have to say is that you never know what these things are going to do.  It only takes a couple of hours for these things to intensify so its better to be safe than sorry.  On a lighter note, Ernesto is the national hurricane center's way of being polictally correct and using other cultures names.  I personally would have taken an even more diverse selection of names to include the Chinese language with naming one hurricane Wang.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

Fox17

we went to publix last night and got charcoal, sugar and 3 12 packs. after that we went and gassed up the cars and 2 tanks. now we are ready to go ridin this weekend. got gas. got charcoal. loadin up the grill and bikes and we be ready to go.

gery350

hysteria breeds hysteria..................
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

gery350

#14
one bourbon,
one scotch,
one beer......................... ;)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

SkyHighT100

Lol.. I'm so coming to your house Gery :) I'll bring my bottle of Crowne..
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

MachineDog

One 15KW Gennerator
One batcave looking shuttered house.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

VintageX

Hey everyone I work for a company called United Rentals we are located in pretty much every major city in florida and the U.S. for that matter. But anyway we carry generators, extension cords, tarps, gas cans, flash lights, batteries and many other supplies people are not aware of. We are a construction rental company and many people think we do not have this stuff but we do IN STOCK!!  I will put up some numbers of stores in the south florida area if you are in need of anything please don't hesitate to call. If you don't see a city close to you just call the closet store and they can refer you. I personally work out of the Port Saint Lucie store so if we can help please call...

Josh

Homestead 305-242-0559
Miami 305-888-1919
Deerfield Beach 954-933-8488
West Palm Beach 561-616-5000
Port Saint Lucie 772-398-9788
Melbourne 321-259-2005
Ft. Myers 239-768-0026
Naples 239-643-5000
Orlando 407-851-1660

UncleRico

I boarded up my neighbors house (including his door) while he is at work today.

I also threw all his lawn furniture into his pool, just to be on the safe side.

I'm sure he'll come right over and thank me when he gets home, (or at the very least, greet me as a liberator)


I think you should all follow suit and be a good neighbor like Uncle Rico.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Fox17


CABLEGUY1

Quote from: UncleRico on August 28, 2006, 11:32:31 PM
<Breaking out the Bull Horn>


"EVERYONE REMAIN CALM!!! THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE, DISPERSE IMMEDIATELY"


All you really need is a bull horn...maybe 50 lbs of bird seed....some double sided non stick tape.


Just make sure it's not WILD bird seed.

FORD4X4GIRL

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on August 29, 2006, 07:48:23 AM
I am in the Deland/Orange City area (Volusia County) and went to gas up this morning before work (7am). The lines for gas were insane. Seriously, how many gas tanks do we need to fill up for cat 1? I know it's better to be prepared, and no matter what the gas will get used... but geeze, 10 tanks for a cat 1, am I missing something? LOL. Anyway, I hope everyone has already bought everything they need to, I figure this afternoon the stores are going to start getting crazy... fun fun.


Part of the problem is that for alot of us in South Florida, when Wilma was comming they said "oh it's only going to be a Cat 1 when it hits land" well, most of us know that by no means was Wilma only a Cat 1. I know that in the Oakland Park area, gas was limited, & so were most of the common supplies...

I did realize that the day after the storm the Walmart on Atlantic had lots of Baked chips on the shelves still....



Quote from: Fox17 on August 29, 2006, 08:42:06 AM
we went to publix last night and got charcoal, sugar and 3 12 packs. after that we went and gassed up the cars and 2 tanks. now we are ready to go ridin this weekend. got gas. got charcoal. loadin up the grill and bikes and we be ready to go.


I totally agree.... We are going to River Ranch this weekend & using our "Hurricane" gas / supplies.... I'll restock next week with the fresher stuff !
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

SkyHighT100

I wasn't really referring to south Florida, mainly up here in Central Florida. South Florida is always an exception when it comes to storms it seems
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

FORD4X4GIRL

Quote from: SkyHighT100 on August 31, 2006, 01:24:56 PM
I wasn't really referring to south Florida, mainly up here in Central Florida. South Florida is always an exception when it comes to storms it seems


I was talking to a friend in Lake Placid & he said that gas was not an option on tuesday after noon.....
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com