Ocala Thunderbowl Flat Track Racing Sept 2 Rescheduled to Sept 16!!

Started by HillKiller, August 17, 2006, 12:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

   In case someone somehow missed it, Thunderbowl of Ocala will re-open Sat Sept 2. Quad racing begins at 7pm. This is also the 1st race of the 7 race series and memberships are being accepted or the league. There have been new classes added. For more info please visit the website

    www.southernflattrackleague.com
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

HillKiller

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

koh0001

I haven't done any flat track racing.Looks like a blast. Arnold is going to let me use a set of tires. Count me in. ;)
2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's

HillKiller

Ya you guys suck! all of you!.....


Since Dave left the forum loggrd in on my computer, I thought i post something mean..  HEHEHE!


Chris
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Quad32x

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

LT-R450ApK

Cant wait i havent rode in 8 weeks,My quad should be back together tomorrow  >:D
See you Cats soon!!!

Hey Chris or Dave who all is signed up for what classes so far?
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Hoosier Daddy

we have 21 members so far and from what ive been told there will be 8 or 9 who will sign up at the track. Pretty much everyone who has raced with us in the past is a member. After the first race is when ill be posting all the members and the points they have received.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Quad32x

I dont think they will allow you to post your member on here. :o
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Hoosier Daddy

well, im thinking on bring the banshee badck out... mainly because Dave keeps telling me that 10 times a day..

Lets just say the motor that was in this.. is now in my flat track bike.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/wareracing/dragbike07.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/wareracing/chris1.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/wareracing/chis.jpg
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

1fastltr450

Them sure are some sexy legs in those pics. Bring whatever out, I would love to smoke you on that bike as well. So are you going to run 2 classes or are you going  to just run that bike in the boom boom class. 
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

derek330

damn chris... you runnin a little rich it those pics..!! !!  ::)
there was no bugs anywhere near there!! !! :N
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

Quote from: derek330 on August 26, 2006, 09:42:18 PM
damn chris... you runnin a little rich it those pics..!! !!  ::)
there was no bugs anywhere near there!! !! :N
Derek,
That was the Alcohol setup and yes iy was a little rich.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: HillKiller on August 26, 2006, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: derek330 on August 26, 2006, 09:42:18 PM
damn chris... you runnin a little rich it those pics..!! !!  ::)
there was no bugs anywhere near there!! !! :N
Derek,
That was the Alcohol setup and yes iy was a little rich.

ALKY/Klotz  15-1 Oil! + 8% Nitromethane = Hell yeah It smokes!  Plus Alky uses twice as much fuel as gas so its really putting it through there. Heres a pic on Gas but the other bike is an ALKY bike.
Most smoke like that right off the line, they load up pretty bad. Also, if memory serves it rained pretty bad the night before and day of, Alky draws in all the moisture which creates a steam like mist.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/wareracing/saltsdragdrag.jpg
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

yfz#78

with all the bad weather we've been having, is Thunderbowl going to open on the 2nd? the forecast isn't looking so good.
[url="http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack"]http://groups.myspace.com/quadflattrack[/url]

flat tracker 37


blindkaeta

I would like some imput,  I'm going to buy some tires.  What is the brand and compound for fronts and rears for the ocala track.  I want to get it right the first time.  I will be on a 450r if that matters.  I appreciate any help. Thanks

LT-R450ApK

American Racers!! everyone has their own opinion but for ocala i gotta go with them,i personally run the med/soft compound thats all ive ever ran so i cant tell you what compound would be best
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

dreth

Quote from: blindkaeta on August 27, 2006, 09:40:49 PM
I would like some imput,  I'm going to buy some tires.  What is the brand and compound for fronts and rears for the ocala track.  I want to get it right the first time.  I will be on a 450r if that matters.  I appreciate any help. Thanks



run the compound that keeps you behind me ;) :D

blindkaeta


derek330

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on August 27, 2006, 09:14:34 AM
Quote from: HillKiller on August 26, 2006, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: derek330 on August 26, 2006, 09:42:18 PM
damn chris... you runnin a little rich it those pics..!! !!  ::)
there was no bugs anywhere near there!! !! :N
Derek,
That was the Alcohol setup and yes iy was a little rich.

ALKY/Klotz  15-1 Oil! + 8% Nitromethane = Hell yeah It smokes!  Plus Alky uses twice as much fuel as gas so its really putting it through there. Heres a pic on Gas but the other bike is an ALKY bike.
Most smoke like that right off the line, they load up pretty bad. Also, if memory serves it rained pretty bad the night before and day of, Alky draws in all the moisture which creates a steam like mist.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/wareracing/saltsdragdrag.jpg


why 15:1 oil??
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Hoosier Daddy

1, Alky draws mositure not just a little alot! More oil helps the crank, bearings, and cylinder wall from rusting.

2, Alky washes oil, like how you can use alcohol to take off sticker goo. And It has cleaning properties  so you have to really mix it thick to keep everything lubed up good. It wouldnt smoke so bad if it didnt consume so much fuel, but you have to figure if your using 2x times the oil and the motor is using 2x the fuel, its going to be smokin'. The best part is Nitromethane burns the heck out of your eyes!  ;D

I would run it on the 370 but ive been told ALKY has been known to crack the pistons in BB honda setups.

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Skully

Sooooooooooo......
Any word from Brady on how the tracks coming along with all this rain the past few days? It looks like we might miss the hurricane, but still more rain all this week.

Just curious, and of cource was hoping for a practice nite on Fri. ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

derek330

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on August 28, 2006, 09:35:05 AM
1, Alky draws mositure not just a little alot! More oil helps the crank, bearings, and cylinder wall from rusting.

2, Alky washes oil, like how you can use alcohol to take off sticker goo. And It has cleaning properties  so you have to really mix it thick to keep everything lubed up good. It wouldnt smoke so bad if it didnt consume so much fuel, but you have to figure if your using 2x times the oil and the motor is using 2x the fuel, its going to be smokin'. The best part is Nitromethane burns the heck out of your eyes!  ;D

I would run it on the 370 but ive been told ALKY has been known to crack the pistons in BB honda setups.



here is a video of an alky sabertooth. compare!!  no nitro though......
http://saberracing.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=5
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

derek330

Quote from: Hoosier Daddy on August 28, 2006, 10:18:19 AM
Im not sure what im supposed to compare...  Ive looked into the saber, pretty dang pricey! cant run ALKY on the circle track though, well so Neil says anyway... plus the motor i have now would still eat it up...

i would love to have one!!  still saving up though!!  eat it up?? mabey in a drag race with paddles but not on the track!! that saber motor is the badest track motor of ALL time!! i will hope to get one someday..... but damn sure not today!! 8) you gonna break out that banshee at ocala this weekend?? we want to see that bad banshee run!! ::) 
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

BrewMaster

WOW! that bike is fast! Nice video Hoosier!

OK, I have received many messages from you guys over some of the comments I have made. Since you guys joke around I thought I could too. Im sorry if I have offended anyone.

The deal is still on. I will race for tires honestly because I get them for free. They are MX Razors not flat track tires. We didnt make it to the race in GA last time because the driver of our hauler ran into the back of another hauler on I-10. By the time the reports were done we wouldnt have made it in time.
I am going to be coming to the race on the 2nd, I dont know who I can bring with me since this is last minute. But from what I have seen from the flat track website, you guys just look like a bunch of good 'ol boys running in circles, no offence here but I dont think you guys really understand PRO racing.
Im sure the most of you drink a case of Pabst blue ribbon before you go racing the whole time screaming "YEE HAW!"  ;) So please dont throw any beer cans or spit any chewin tabakee on me when I beat everyone out there... See you guys soon...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com