Know anyone that owns 500 + acres ?????

Started by Thrumud, August 21, 2006, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrumud

Do you know of anyone that owns 500 + acres ?   In Florida.

The land must be 2 to 3 miles away from residential homes.   
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Fox17


eldiablo64

Dixie Hollins owns property all over the state.he leases the property to florida power that the plant in crystal river sits on.
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

americanhighlander

You should look at northern florida (area)
or toward outside tallahasee area.
[url="http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I"]http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I[/url] always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my [url="parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362"]parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362[/url]

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

UncleRico

What area of the state are you looking at?


Mosaic has old phosphate land it turns over once in a while in Southern Polk County.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Thrumud

Quote from: eldiablo64 on August 21, 2006, 04:48:27 PM
Dixie Hollins owns property all over the state.he leases the property to florida power that the plant in crystal river sits on.

Anything south of Lake Okee ?
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: americanhighlander on August 21, 2006, 06:05:47 PM
You should look at northern florida (area)
or toward outside tallahasee area.

More south.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: UncleRico on August 21, 2006, 07:16:32 PM
What area of the state are you looking at?


Mosaic has old phosphate land it turns over once in a while in Southern Polk County.

Mosaic ?  Got a contact number ?
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Fox17

fine dont build a mx track. i see how you are.

klutchbuster400

We could use an mx track in south florida. ::)
what do you plan on doing once ou find the land? Try and buy it?

Thrumud

Quote from: Fox17 on August 21, 2006, 09:36:52 PM
fine dont build a mx track. i see how you are.

There isn't a lack of MX tracks.  The problem is finding a place where everyone can enjoy.  Like areas with trails, hills etc. Not everyone is a MX'er.  

I met Friday with a former Collier county official that proposed a site perfect for a MX track.  It's about 275 acres with 2 huge hills and an area perfect for a track. It used to be a solid waste landfill which the county has no use for.  We will be meeting in a few weeks.  I will post if it becomes official.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Thrumud on August 21, 2006, 10:47:51 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 21, 2006, 09:36:52 PM
fine dont build a mx track. i see how you are.

There isn't a lack of MX tracks.  The problem is finding a place where everyone can enjoy.  Like areas with trails, hills etc. Not everyone is a MX'er.  

I met Friday with a former Collier county official that proposed a site perfect for a MX track.  It's about 275 acres with 2 huge hills and an area perfect for a track. It used to be a solid waste landfill which the county has no use for.  We will be meeting in a few weeks.  I will post if it becomes official.
Will their be a meeting on this one? If I have to i'll walk their.
But what will you do after you find the 500 acres for the actual riding area?

Thrumud

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on August 21, 2006, 10:33:31 PM
We could use an mx track in south florida. ::)
what do you plan on doing once ou find the land? Try and buy it?

It's not official and I don't want to promise anything at the moment.  Possible "private" OHV park.  
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on August 21, 2006, 10:49:34 PM
Quote from: Thrumud on August 21, 2006, 10:47:51 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 21, 2006, 09:36:52 PM
fine dont build a mx track. i see how you are.

There isn't a lack of MX tracks.  The problem is finding a place where everyone can enjoy.  Like areas with trails, hills etc. Not everyone is a MX'er.  

I met Friday with a former Collier county official that proposed a site perfect for a MX track.  It's about 275 acres with 2 huge hills and an area perfect for a track. It used to be a solid waste landfill which the county has no use for.  We will be meeting in a few weeks.  I will post if it becomes official.
Will their be a meeting on this one? If I have to i'll walk their.
But what will you do after you find the 500 acres for the actual riding area?

No meeting - this will be private land.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Fox17


Toomey

Keep us filled in on the dump being turned to a track, sounds like it'd be great with the elevation changes and everything.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

Thrumud

[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Thrumud

Quote from: Toomey on August 21, 2006, 11:05:16 PM
Keep us filled in on the dump being turned to a track, sounds like it'd be great with the elevation changes and everything.

I will keep you posted. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Fox17


Loven It

Quote from: Thrumud on August 21, 2006, 07:17:16 PM
Quote from: eldiablo64 on August 21, 2006, 04:48:27 PM
Dixie Hollins owns property all over the state.he leases the property to florida power that the plant in crystal river sits on.

Anything south of Lake Okee ?

Is that the area you are looking for? I can start internet searching too..I'll let ya know if I find anything
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Thrumud

Quote from: Loven It on August 22, 2006, 11:48:12 AM
Quote from: Thrumud on August 21, 2006, 07:17:16 PM
Quote from: eldiablo64 on August 21, 2006, 04:48:27 PM
Dixie Hollins owns property all over the state.he leases the property to florida power that the plant in crystal river sits on.

Anything south of Lake Okee ?

Is that the area you are looking for? I can start internet searching too..I'll let ya know if I find anything

Thanks Loven, appreciate it.  I also know that Rinker and Florida Rock owns a lot of land.  I'll try to find out if they have a surplus of land. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Thrumud on August 22, 2006, 12:47:44 PM
Quote from: Loven It on August 22, 2006, 11:48:12 AM
Quote from: Thrumud on August 21, 2006, 07:17:16 PM
Quote from: eldiablo64 on August 21, 2006, 04:48:27 PM
Dixie Hollins owns property all over the state.he leases the property to florida power that the plant in crystal river sits on.

Anything south of Lake Okee ?

Is that the area you are looking for? I can start internet searching too..I'll let ya know if I find anything

Thanks Loven, appreciate it.  I also know that Rinker and Florida Rock owns a lot of land.  I'll try to find out if they have a surplus of land. 
Im sure they do but I doubt they want to get rid of it. Rinker by lost lake hates quads.

Loven It

thrumud - is Immokalee to far?? What is you general area?
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

Fox17


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com