bast 450

Started by trx-250kid, August 20, 2006, 08:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trx-250kid

i was wondering what you thought might be the best 450 and wy
**********Raptor350*************
****TRX250 with BLACK DG bumper****

PLEDGER#76

I am gonna say the YFZ450, and the reason is that I won all but 1 race out of 13 on mine last year and the one I did not win I broke my footpeg while leading...this was while racing the FTR XC races in the VET class!!!!! #76
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

Dr.Dirt

i like 400ex cuz go fast

Fox17

they are all the same.

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

o4250


o4250


o4250


UncleRico

For reliability I like the 450r from Honda...Honda is known for it's durability and craftsmanship.

The Suzuki 450 is probably the best "race ready" right off the show room floor if you're not planning on spending additional funds for mods and upgrades.

The Yamaha 450 seems to be the favorite of Dirtwheels Magazine who gave it higher reviews then both, but the Yamaha probably has the most mechanical problems. (I mean they made 82 changes in the bike from the '05 to the '06 which should say something right there).

I haven't seen the new Kawasaki 450 yet.

I ride a Honda 450r with upgrades, but I would take any of the 450r's that are on the market now. They all haul azz and are a blast to ride.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Fox17

from the last thing i heard the 400ex and blaster arent 450s. just to let you know.

Pro52R

Quote from: UncleRico on August 20, 2006, 09:32:50 PM
For reliability I like the 450r from Honda...Honda is known for it's durability and craftsmanship.

The Suzuki 450 is probably the best "race ready" right off the show room floor if you're not planning on spending additional funds for mods and upgrades.
The Yamaha 450 seems to be the favorite of Dirtwheels Magazine who gave it higher reviews then both, but the Yamaha probably has the most mechanical problems. (I mean they made 82 changes in the bike from the '05 to the '06 which should say something right there).

I haven't seen the new Kawasaki 450 yet.

I ride a Honda 450r with upgrades, but I would take any of the 450r's that are on the market now. They all haul azz and are a blast to ride.



Wrong Rico

You still need nerfs,kill switch,bars (unless you like KO'in the stockers) and a few other things.



The Cannondale Blaze/Moto where the only true RACE READY atv's...right off the showroom floor..add Numbers and race...yes they were expensive...but you get what you pay for..now all you haters shut up....They ahd there problems..but hell it was a Bicycle company...and for there 1st time w/ out all the funds the big 4 have...they did pretty damn good


Too bad we don't have it like the Dirtbike world...
[url="http://www.fuelslut.net/hosting/uploads/profilepic.JPG"]http://www.fuelslut.net/hosting/uploads/profilepic.JPG[/url]

Ride1Rob

#11
Quote from: UncleRico on August 20, 2006, 09:32:50 PM

The Yamaha 450 seems to be the favorite of Dirtwheels Magazine who gave it higher reviews then both, but the Yamaha probably has the most mechanical problems. (I mean they made 82 changes in the bike from the '05 to the '06 which should say something right there).


Ummm... NO! Honda has had issues, Yamaha, and Zuk. Dreth got his bike (450R) a couple months b/f I got mine... His bearings went bad almost a year ago if not more and I was still riding. Mine just stopped a month ago after 2yrs and 6 months. Reason: My cam chain Damper broke. (That's only a $27 part). Since the bike had to be broken down I'm getting a rebuild. As far as the 82 changes... The major changes were bumping the bike up to a TRUE 450, changing the swinger, and changing the rear shock. The other changes were moving a few bolts and things around. And if I can recall, Honda had just as many if not more changes on their quad  :-* . Suzuki is having more issues than any in their 1st year. But that's expected with a new quad.

There is NO BEST 450... Their all good quads and have their issues. Ride each and choose which one is best suited for you. If you're a loyal consumer like I am (Yamaha) go with whom your loyal to. You can't go wrong. Well unless it's a Kawi... not much to know about those.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

svtbolt04

Quote from: Fox17 on August 20, 2006, 11:10:30 PM
from the last thing i heard the 400ex and blaster arent 450s. just to let you know.

They are joking.

But I would rather have a 240 blaster over a 400ex.

And I will say that my 450 is hard to work on and at times makes me want to sell it for another brand.. But its just a problem that I have for myself, not the bikes.. When it works flawless.. I dont want to sit on anyone elses bike, because mine is king.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

T2

Well Said Rob. ;) Even Though I'm a true Yamaha Fan, they are all good bikes in there own way.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

klutchbuster400

I like the lt-r becuase its wide, yfz becuase its fast, and the r becuase its the sexiest looking to me.
I cant decide.

Fox17

ok get one of each and put the yfz engine in use the ltr frame and use the 450r body. then ur set.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: Fox17 on August 21, 2006, 04:23:54 PM
ok get one of each and put the yfz engine in use the ltr frame and use the 450r body. then ur set.
Oh yeah, no problem  :Dead.gif

UncleRico

Quote from: Pro52R on August 21, 2006, 01:53:52 AM


Wrong Rico

You still need nerfs,kill switch,bars (unless you like KO'in the stockers) and a few other things.





Damn, I stand corrected...the kill switch...right.  "and a few other things"..what was I thinkin?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

klutchbuster400

I would think all you really need with an lt-r to start off is nerfs. You can deal with the stock tires for a wire, and I dont have a kill switch either, which will change whenver the h@ll I go to palmetto lol

Fox17

all you NEED to practice at pax is a bike. to race you need a killswitch. nothin else. they didnt tell me i needed nerfs.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com