Street Riding Legal Oct 1st Please read

Started by racemanfl, August 20, 2006, 12:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racemanfl

This the second time this has been in the newspaper. Oct 1st riding on public streets is legal as long as its dirt and the speed limit is under 35mph. Individual counties can opt out like Hernando says they will but Pasco sheriff says he doesn't have a problem with it.

Please CLICK HERE TO READ.   :ThumbsUp.gif

Anyone else see this before??

UncleRico

Yep, I heard this too.

Now if I could just find a town will all dirt streets.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

racemanfl

Well I dont really believe this is the best thing to do, but aleast you can run down to your buddies house
or something like that if you live on a dirt road

LostCause

So, will it be ok to ride down the # roads in ONF now?  Seems to me like you will be able to.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

MachineDog

#4
I just hope it stays up for a little while, I happily live in a town of mostly dirt roads. And heck, I'd be perfectly happy to do a little course to prove I can ride.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: MachineDog on August 20, 2006, 02:07:20 PM
I just hope it stays up for a little while, I happily live in a town of mostly dirt roads. And heck, I'd be perfectly happy to do a little course to prove I can ride.

I'm sure Palm Beach County will opt out and you will not be able to do it here.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

backwoods boy

anybody heard about brevard aka yankee beach >:(
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

bigscrub79

Quote from: LostCause on August 20, 2006, 01:06:03 PM
So, will it be ok to ride down the # roads in ONF now?  Seems to me like you will be able to.
I would say yes, they are dirt roads with a speed limit under 35mph. Although they will probably opt out.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

94Hardbody4x4

What about Vero Beach? I'm sure they will opt out seeing as 99% of the town is retired stuck up people form the North.
Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!

klutchbuster400

How about hialeah?
Lost lake is linked to my niehgborhood from a dirt road.

MachineDog

Just watch, it will last about 3 weeks before they all opt out one by one.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

sbripple

wow  so negative.At least they will be talking about atv 's and sometimes any press even bad press can be a good thing when politics are involved.Lets cross our fingers and toes and make some calls while we wait to see what will happen in palm bch county.

Loven It

Quote from: bigscrub79 on August 20, 2006, 06:44:08 PM
Quote from: LostCause on August 20, 2006, 01:06:03 PM
So, will it be ok to ride down the # roads in ONF now?  Seems to me like you will be able to.
I would say yes, they are dirt roads with a speed limit under 35mph. Although they will probably opt out.

Sunday's article in St Pete's times said - probably will not be able to ride the dirt roads in ONF.
99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

[url="https://www.nationalmssociety.org/"]https://www.nationalmssociety.org/[/url]/FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT

MachineDog

#13
Quote from: sbripple on August 20, 2006, 09:57:34 PM
wow  so negative.At least they will be talking about atv 's and sometimes any press even bad press can be a good thing when politics are involved.Lets cross our fingers and toes and make some calls while we wait to see what will happen in palm bch county.

I'm telling you, on October 1st there will be so many people riding around my town it'll be crazy. So many people will get hurt for sure, unfortunately. We'll be riding around on 59th, the long sugar sand road, most likely.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

digginfool

I posted a response in another thread earlier this morning about what the state did with Tate' Hell.  For those of you unfamiliar with it, Tate's Hell was the first of OHV areas funded by the money collected from titling fees for atv's and off-road motorcycles.  Sounds like the state did a great thing at Tate's Hell until you realize that all they did was designate existing forest roads for OHVs.  These are bland, squared-off blocked areas where you are permitted to ride down a dirt road with a 30 MPH speed limit and obeying all normal traffic laws.  As I understand it, there are no true offroad areas within Tate's Hell.  http://www.fl-dof.com/state_forests/thsf_ohv_trailmap.html

I see this new rule as a means to an end for the state.  Now all they have to say is "Look at all the riding areas we just gave you."  Hate to sound like a cynic but we've all been down this road before.  I don't expect to see any Croom-style riding areas.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the state purchased a large chunk of something like Golden Estates near Naples and told us to have at it, as long as we stay on the existing roads.  Wooo-Woooo!!  Wouldn't that be fun?   NOT!!    >:(
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

sbripple

machine dog why do you think people will get hurt?35mph speed limit.Will they be breakin other laws like speed limits and drunk driving?Those are seperate issues.Speeding and drunk driving are illegal on any vehicles.also wreckless driving .If everyone obeys the existing laws I dont see any trouble.If people break all the laws then yes it will be mayhem,But if they do it in a legal car ,truck,or moped its the same thing.Dont lay all the wreckless driving on atv's.

MachineDog

Quote from: sbripple on August 21, 2006, 07:46:11 PM
machine dog why do you think people will get hurt?35mph speed limit.Will they be breakin other laws like speed limits and drunk driving?Those are seperate issues.Speeding and drunk driving are illegal on any vehicles.also wreckless driving .If everyone obeys the existing laws I dont see any trouble.If people break all the laws then yes it will be mayhem,But if they do it in a legal car ,truck,or moped its the same thing.Dont lay all the wreckless driving on atv's.

Yeah, but I just doubt they will think of it that way and instead think they should of never allowed ATVs in the first place.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

Unofficially, I was informed Palm Beach County will be opting out of F.S. 316.2123, OHVs on Certain Roadways. When I get the official word, I'll post it. The media will also be involved in getting the word out.

FOREMANRON

WONDER IF YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RIDE YOUR OWN QUAD ON DAYTONA BEACH NOW INSTEAD OF HAVING TO RENT ONE
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700

sbripple

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on August 24, 2006, 05:29:09 PM
Unofficially, I was informed Palm Beach County will be opting out of F.S. 316.2123, OHVs on Certain Roadways. When I get the official word, I'll post it. The media will also be involved in getting the word out.
who unofficially informed you?YOU are a deputy and nothing is unofficial.Who is saying this to you?I will be driving on the dirt roads oct 1 and will be in front of the judge when I get a ticket.See you in court.

UncleRico

Quote from: sbripple on August 24, 2006, 06:57:12 PM

who unofficially informed you?YOU are a deputy and nothing is unofficial.Who is saying this to you?I will be driving on the dirt roads oct 1 and will be in front of the judge when I get a ticket.See you in court.


"Might I suggest using your night stick, officer?"

That above quote is why I could never be a cop...See, I would actually be macing him WHILE I was tasering him.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

digginfool

Man, ain't that the truth.  There's a pretty funny video floating around the web where some kid jumps out of a car at the urging of his fellow idiot to flip off a cop.  The kid runs over and sticks both middle fingers in the police officer's face while screaming F-You.   The cop proceeds to beat the hell out of the punk with his night stick.  A well deserved beating, I might add.  I couldn't do the job either for the same reason.  Kudos to the men in blue (tan or green, as the case may be).
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

bluesman

Quote from: sbripple on August 24, 2006, 06:57:12 PM
Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on August 24, 2006, 05:29:09 PM
Unofficially, I was informed Palm Beach County will be opting out of F.S. 316.2123, OHVs on Certain Roadways. When I get the official word, I'll post it. The media will also be involved in getting the word out.
who unofficially informed you?YOU are a deputy and nothing is unofficial.Who is saying this to you?I will be driving on the dirt roads oct 1 and will be in front of the judge when I get a ticket.See you in court.
RON WHITE SAID IT BEST YOU CANT FIX STUPID!

Headz400

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on August 20, 2006, 07:20:15 PM
How about hialeah?
Lost lake is linked to my niehgborhood from a dirt road.

Man that would be so awesome the cops wouldnt be able to tell us anything anymore...
Im also gonna print out the law so i can show the cop if there is a problem WOOHOOO!!!!

MachineDog

Quote from: PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 on August 24, 2006, 05:29:09 PM
Unofficially, I was informed Palm Beach County will be opting out of F.S. 316.2123, OHVs on Certain Roadways. When I get the official word, I'll post it. The media will also be involved in getting the word out.

How long will it take for the paperwork to go through and for PBC to be officially opted out? Will there be a few days where the rule will be allowed?
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com