it might be time

Started by dreth, August 19, 2006, 12:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreth

i love to ride but every now and then i get the feeling that i need or should give it up. things happen that make me think that its just not ment to be. so how do you know when its time to give up what you love?



everything i have that pertains to riding might be for sale. every tire, nut, bolt, rim, helmet, boot, gear, quad, video............it all must go.....new lsr frame............everything. price will be determined as soon as i make a decission.

UncleRico

Did someone bust his nutz trying to clear the tripples again?


NEVER GIVE UP!  It's what keeps you young!


Why would you want to quit?

The only time I feel alive is when I'm flying around right on the edge of total loss of control and I stick the jump or make the turn without flipping and taking out 7 other riders. What else are you gonna do to give you that feeling?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Fox17

i think he is screwin around with us. theres no way you should give it up.

Thrumud

Someone dial 911, we have a really sick rider  ???
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

qt314nfla

#4
I second Thrumud's opinion.  And I'll take it further and I'll borrow the NPORA's (North Port Offroad Association), waaaaaaambulance to come pick him up.  Dreth I'll explain the waaaambulance Saturday.

My opinion, never give up something you love.  If you love it then you need to stay w/ it.  Maybe change venue's w/ it.  If you give it up you will have regrets.  You will miss it dearly!  As w/ the rest of us this sport is our sanity.  Like Rico said taking corners or jumping it's our sanity.  It's the one thing in life that makes you forget about life for a short while.  Nothing else that I've tried does it quite as well.  Live life w/ no regrets because you can't always go back.

I hope that you don't give up the sport!  You would be dearly missed by many of us that know and love you!  Also, it's the one sport that I can think of that you can actually participate w/ your kids not just watch them.  Teens actually choose to go camping and riding w/ their families rather than go to the local hang outs.  Imagine that, a sport you can participate w/ your kids and they want to be w/ you.  Stick w/ it.  Your son will be a better person for it and you will be closer to him because of it.

dreth

QT, you are very right! my son loves it when i pick him up from school with the quads on the trailer. I empty the play ground everytime ;) he asks me all the time................daddy, when you gonna bring the 4 wheelers to school again?..............so i geuss its a no brainer, $50,000 takes it all :D

UncleRico

#6
$50,000? Will you take a check?


And I had no idea you had Kids....everyone here thought you were a virgin.


When you said you were going to quit, I immediately pictured that scene in Rocky II where they're running on the beach and Rocky Quits, ya know the one with the quads where they jump the dunes.....


"There is no tomorrow, Rock...there is no Tomorrow!"....and then Rocky hits a heel clicker over the dunes into the sunset.

Don't you want to be our little Rocky?

And If you want your kid to flip out, let his Uncle Rico pick him up from school one day..We'll land a helicopter in the school yard and snatch him up like a Chinesse Prison Break commando style.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

TRX450R_Racer

I think you should just give me everything to hold in case you change your mind.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dnigels

$50,000?  Does that include your new house?  If so don't let it get trashed by the party!  lol.
'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 [url="//ext.cab"]Ext.cab[/url]

cheropride

Appears you already made up your mind to stay in.  And you absolutely should keep riding!! 
1st - for your kids, man they will remember this stuff forever.  I have a son, he absolutely loves it.  Heck we live in Broward and to get a good ride, we usually travel 180 miles, spend whole lot of $$, but the times we have are great. 

2nd - You would in time regret it.  I used to have horses, had them my whole life.  When my son was born, I decided it was time to give that up.  Man to this day, I regret that decision.  Whenever I see a horse, or look at my old pictures, it breaks my heart.  Henceforth where "cheropride" came from, the best horse I ever owned "Cherokee's Pride".  And no, she aint the one I sold.  But my point is, when something is your blood, it is in your blood and just because you stop, don't me it goes away.

Life can be hard, so we all need something to keep us happy, you got yours, most people don't have.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Fox17

we gave it up a long time ago for a few years and it was one of the worst decisilns we ever made. DONT QUIT. but if you do ill take the 450r off ur hands. im sure you will want to just give it away. it will just take up space in ur garage. ill even pick it up.

wheelie_boy

Quote from: Fox17 on August 19, 2006, 05:00:32 PM
we gave it up a long time ago for a few years and it was one of the worst decisilns we ever made. DONT QUIT. but if you do ill take the 450r off ur hands. im sure you will want to just give it away. it will just take up space in ur garage. ill even pick it up.

ill take it. you allready have a 450. i need one more.
05 kx 250f

klutchbuster400

Quote from: wheelie_boy on August 19, 2006, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 19, 2006, 05:00:32 PM
we gave it up a long time ago for a few years and it was one of the worst decisilns we ever made. DONT QUIT. but if you do ill take the 450r off ur hands. im sure you will want to just give it away. it will just take up space in ur garage. ill even pick it up.

ill take it. you allready have a 450. i need one more.
No I need it more >:D
Hey dreth, Im curious, What made you even think about giving riding up? Family?

Chevy1500z71

tell you what, give me 50 bucks and ill take it all off your hands for you ;)

Fox17

Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 19, 2006, 09:52:23 PM
tell you what, give me 50 bucks and ill take it all off your hands for you ;)

well ill give him 50 bucks ill take it all.

fastrnrik

Suck it up and keep riding Nancy Boy.

Sleazy_Rider78

If you give up now, you will be haunted for the rest of your life with the "What would have happened if I had stuck with it......."
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

o4250

Sweet maybe you should take up fishing.

dreth

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on August 19, 2006, 09:25:35 PM
Quote from: wheelie_boy on August 19, 2006, 05:55:20 PM
Quote from: Fox17 on August 19, 2006, 05:00:32 PM
we gave it up a long time ago for a few years and it was one of the worst decisilns we ever made. DONT QUIT. but if you do ill take the 450r off ur hands. im sure you will want to just give it away. it will just take up space in ur garage. ill even pick it up.

ill take it. you allready have a 450. i need one more.
No I need it more >:D
Hey dreth, Im curious, What made you even think about giving riding up? Family?





a few things made me think of giving it up. it takes alot of time away from my family to keep everything maintained, it takes alot of money which means more time away from the family. so basically as i was working on my putting my quad back together i found a broken $200 piece which puts me over 3k for this rebuild and i just felt that i am taking to much from my family and didnt want to be that guy is blind to the the damage he is causing. As most of you have pointed out about the love for the sport and the fact that our kids look up to us has made me change my mind, thanks. my wife says that we are doing ok and that she does not want me to stop either. she said what about your little man?, he needs his daddy to show him how to hit those jumps. Yall are very right, I would regret it.

gearhead400

glad to see your back in the saddle dreth, it would be a sad day if you left the atv scene.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

UncleRico

Quote from: dreth on August 20, 2006, 11:23:13 AM
she said what about your little man?,


OK, this one is too easy. I'm gonna leave that alone.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Fox17

does the little man have a bike? if not get him one and get ur wife one and make it a family hobby/sport. we all ride and work on the bikes together so we spend more time with each other when around the bikes than we do away from the bikes. if that makes any sense. ??? anyway glad to see ur gonna stay in.

o btw i still think this was a joke but if it wasnt take all these peoples advice.

dreth

it was not a joke. my son, wife, and dad have a bikes

wheelie_boy

well since yur 450 has given you so many problems i will still take it off your hands. ill even trade it for my reliable 400
05 kx 250f

Fox17

Quote from: dreth on August 20, 2006, 03:01:13 PM
it was not a joke. my son, wife, and dad have a bikes

then isnt it like family time when you go ride? thats what we do. we get together with other relatives and friends and have a big group of family and friends when we go sometimes.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com