what filter

Started by rubicon500kid, August 10, 2006, 04:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubicon500kid

what filter should i get for my 450r
also should i run a open air box if so what filter should i run with it
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

rubicon500kid

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

TRX450R_Racer

I use the Sparks billet ring with a UNI filter. The UNI by itself tends to pop off because of the slight taper on the end of the cage. The sparks filters have a track record for coming a prt at the seem. I had 2 of them do that and have read a lot of poasts about them coming a apart. The Sparks billet ring locks the UNI in there very tight. I haven't seen the Twin Air set up or the Pro Design. I wouldn't suggest an open air box. I would either get a K&N or EHS lid.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

rubicon500kid

so should i jsut buy a hrc lid and run it like that ?
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

TRX450R_Racer

I used to have the HRC lid. I didn't like how dirty my air box got. The HRC lid will be fine. I would run an outerwear around the filter if you use the open lid. An HRC lid would be better than an open box because it protects the filter from water.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

k and n filter all the way. we have them on a 300ex and a yfz. they are awesome.

Cory1020

i have a kn with a outwears and the o.w. stops alot of dirt. i havent had to clean my filter once, still looks new. its been on there since may. but i just clean the o.w. every couple weeks.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

UncleRico

I run a K & N High Flow air filter. They say it ups the flow to 881cfm from 548cfm. 

I like it, and I run the HRC box with it.


The problem with the HRC box is that it has that gap that allows dirt to enter the box.

So I have to clean and oil the filter after each ride.


It can be high maintenance.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

Fox17

Quote from: UncleRico on August 17, 2006, 12:19:49 PM
I run a K & N High Flow air filter. They say it ups the flow to 881cfm from 548cfm. 

I like it, and I run the HRC box with it.


The problem with the HRC box is that it has that gap that allows dirt to enter the box.

So I have to clean and oil the filter after each ride.


It can be high maintenance.



lazy lazy lazy. you should clean it every time anyway. the bike deserves it.