2006 450er green wire mod

Started by 450rcrazy, August 16, 2006, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

450rcrazy

I have read that you can cut the green wire and gain 1000 rpm ,but looking at the cdi there are two green wires Witch one do ya cut and does this do the same thing as the cdi sub harness that comes with the hrc kit?what is better hrc cam or hot cam? thanks for any info  :dunno.gif

trx#9

go with the hot cam stage 2. I've heard of the cut the green wire mod on the 06's don't know if it works or not. :-\
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

MachineDog

Isn't it powerful enough? o.o I'm sure if you up the gearing a bit you could go faster than an average car.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

UncleRico

I have the HRC cam and step up kit. I like it. I've geared down the front sprocket 1 tooth, though.

I've never heard of cutting the green wire. Are you saying you get 1000 more RPM at the top end?

How much fifth gear are you using?


Let me know how that works out for you.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

450rcrazy

thanks for the picture, that tells all .well except does it work .I have an alba exhaust and i seem to hit the rev limiter real easy on acceleration. also heard by adding a cam the exhaust can show its true potential do I need to re jet again after the cam swap?thanks for the help. :-\

TRX450R_Racer

Your welcome. I've read a lot of good comments on other sites about it. I think you will like it, if not splice it back together.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 17, 2006, 01:09:26 AM
Here ya go



how do you keep that bike so clean? it looks like it never been riden! mine is all dusty and spotted up and wont come clean with the pressure washer. i got some cleanin stuff but havent used it yet. maybe it will work.

tony pitts

never two old to learn something. will the mod work the same on 05 trx450
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Fox17 on August 17, 2006, 02:24:28 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 17, 2006, 01:09:26 AM
Here ya go



how do you keep that bike so clean? it looks like it never been riden! mine is all dusty and spotted up and wont come clean with the pressure washer. i got some cleanin stuff but havent used it yet. maybe it will work.

It's not my quad. It is a picture of a new one off the internet.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

o. that explains it. man i wish i could keep mine that clean.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: tony pitts on August 17, 2006, 02:32:16 AM
never two old to learn something. will the mod work the same on 05 trx450

No 06 and 07 450ER only. I don't know if it works on the kick model. I would think it would but not sure.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: 450rcrazy on August 16, 2006, 11:44:12 PM
I have read that you can cut the green wire and gain 1000 rpm ,but looking at the cdi there are two green wires Witch one do ya cut and does this do the same thing as the cdi sub harness that comes with the hrc kit?what is better hrc cam or hot cam? thanks for any info  :dunno.gif

Yes cutting the wire is the same as the harness from the HRC kit. Hot Cams makes 3 different cams. It depends on what you want to do. The HRC cam is a top end cam. HC makes a HC1 which is more top end ans a HC2 which is more bottom to mid range power. They just came out with a HC3, from what I've read it is similar to the HRC cam. I think the HRC cam is just the stock cam from a 2002 CRF450 dirt bike.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Nightbreed

Cut the green wire no matter what. The dirtbike engine in the 06/07 quad likes more RPM. As for camshaft, if your looking for a good all around cam, the use the Hot Cam 2.

Mike
ATP
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

450rcrazy

thanks for all the help .it sounds like a hot cam stage 2 and a cut green wire is next on my things to do list.

UncleRico

Does anyone know what the green wire is for before I cut it?

Can I do any damage? ( I mean, I know I CAN DO damage, but will cutting the wire put any other components at risk?)


So will this give it more top end or more power?


:J :J :J
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: UncleRico on August 17, 2006, 09:51:44 PM
Does anyone know what the green wire is for before I cut it?

Can I do any damage? ( I mean, I know I CAN DO damage, but will cutting the wire put any other components at risk?)


So will this give it more top end or more power?


:J :J :J

Rico,
  If you have the HRC kit yours is already done. The HRC kit comes with a harness the has the same end result as cutting the green wire.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

450rcrazy

#17
according to my service manual that wire joins a group of five wires that all connect to ground then continues on to the throttle lever switch.so cutting the wire near the cdi removes ground from the lead going into the cdi but becouse the junction to ground is past the cdi the throttle lever switch still can make it"s signal to ground witch travels back to the cdi via the grey wire with a red stripe.hope this helps.

UncleRico

I cut the green wire....

now my horn doesn't work.



WTF?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

450rcrazy


UncleRico

Quote from: 450rcrazy on August 17, 2006, 11:19:09 PM
according to my service manual that wire joins a group of five wires that all connect to ground then continues on to the throttle lever switch.so cutting the wire near the cdi removes ground from the lead going into the cdi but becouse the junction to ground is past the cdi the throttle lever switch still can make it"s signal to ground witch travels back to the cdi via the grey wire with a red stripe.hope this helps.

That's what I wanted to know.


I always thought GREEN went to ground so I was curious how that would effect RPMs and the other connections.

(I actually had the harness switched out, but I had no idea what the theory was in cuttin the green)

Now If I could just get this horn to play that Mexican tune, I'd be in great shape!

~/..Dit da da da dih did duh duh dih dih dih da...~/
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."