Operation of ATV on certain roadways

Started by logger, July 07, 2006, 01:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods boy

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

yunt2ride

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

MachineDog

Does anybody know of a meeting in which we could push this issue? I'd really like to see this in Palm beach county.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Gamer

I'm not sure if this is something you want to push.  It becomes effective 10/1/06 which means you will be allowed to ride on a dirt road with an ATV if the speed limit is less than 35 miles an hour and you have a drivers license.  I bet the cities and counties are not even aware of the new law and if you do bring it up they might create an ordinance to stop it before it happens.  I can tell you starting 10/1/06 I will have the ordinance printed up so when a cop stops me on a dirt road I can show him the new law.  I wonder if PBSO can enlighten us a little bit about it.

MachineDog

I was told by an officer that this will be a voluntary law by the countys. So it will need to be pushed in your specific county.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Gamer

Quote from: MachineDog on August 15, 2006, 04:28:40 PM
I was told by an officer that this will be a voluntary law by the countys. So it will need to be pushed in your specific county.

Yes in the sence that the countys and cities have the option to write an ordiance banning it.  However until that happens you will be allowed to do it.  It applies to the entire state.  There's no such thing as a voluntary law.

yunt2ride

Quote from: Gamer on August 15, 2006, 04:18:44 PM
I'm not sure if this is something you want to push.  It becomes effective 10/1/06 which means you will be allowed to ride on a dirt road with an ATV if the speed limit is less than 35 miles an hour and you have a drivers license.  I bet the cities and counties are not even aware of the new law and if you do bring it up they might create an ordinance to stop it before it happens.  I can tell you starting 10/1/06 I will have the ordinance printed up so when a cop stops me on a dirt road I can show him the new law.  I wonder if PBSO can enlighten us a little bit about it.


Thats exactly what I was thinking. People just need to remember to respect the roads and such. Do not go out cutting donuts and spinning wheels all over public roadways. Remember to not speed on these roads as you can be ticketed for wreckless driving, speeding, destruction of public property and who knows what else besides giving the atv community a bad name. Lets respect this law please. Do not trash up the roadways either.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Eworm

We are on it for Miami-Dade...............

Headz400

Awesome I think this means we can ride over at rinker and stuff since the roads that lead to it are unpaved.. Now those hialeahs cops cant say notin

HondaATC

I had asked a friend "in the know" if he knew about this and said he did not. Either this is flying in exceptionally well under the radar or its not gonna happen.
1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R

eldiablo64

yeah but you gotta remember you can't just blast down a road at full speed.and as soon as a couple people get hurt or killed the state will just make it illegal again.especially when you have  some parents that let there kids ride 2 or 3 up on a one up machine with no protective gear.IE HELMETS.I know it says liscensed drivers but you can bet there will be alot of young unliscensed ones riding on the dirt roads with no supervision.especially in the very rural areas.  JMO
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

UncleRico

This is confusing...

So will I be able to ride in the retirement village up the street where the speed limit is 10 mph? Because they have some nice speed bumps that I want to hit.


UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

eldiablo64

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]