Main Menu

AC 650V2

Started by gatorjohn, August 10, 2006, 11:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatorjohn

Anyone ever had problems with the front 4x4 engaging? Toggling the 4x4 switch makes and breaks the relay under the seat and the light on the pod indicates it's in 4x4 but it stays in 2WD.

Joedirt

Where are you testing it?
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

gatorjohn

I used my meter to verify that the relay was getting/loosing the voltage on the pins when the switch was toggled. I did not check yet to see if the signal was actually getting to the actuator. I've read elsewhere that if the front diff gets water in it, it toasts the actuator so I will check/drain this next to see. I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has had this prob and could help with a quick diagnosis. Thanks.

MachineDog

I'd try rolling forward a few feet to see if it engages.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Joedirt

I recall reading something about the 4WD engaging when the rear slips or loses traction...the the front turns....I will try and find the Article and see if it is even relevant.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

gatorjohn

No joy so far. Am going to pull it all apart and see whats up.

twodazeoff

log onto arctic chat.com. Plenty of replys on this subject.

reconmudder

Quote from: Joedirt on August 16, 2006, 04:37:08 PM
I recall reading something about the 4WD engaging when the rear slips or loses traction...the the front turns....I will try and find the Article and see if it is even relevant.

Only on Polaris' AWD system.
recon has
1:Air filter
2:Mudlite tires
3:Snorkel
Dirtbike has
1:renthal sproket and chain
2:#44
3:new tires
Soon have on dirtbike
2:Sponsor stickers

[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/machinedogtag/detail?.dir=8586re2&.dnm=3b84re2.jpg&.src=ph"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/machinedogtag/detail?.dir=8586re2&.dnm=3b84re2.jpg&.src=ph[/url]