Bigger Rims and Tires For My Arctic Cat ATV

Started by AmericanRobster, August 12, 2006, 08:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I was just thinking about one of my upgrades that I would do in the future to my Arctic Cat TRV 500 4X4 is to put bigger rims tires on it. I don't want to lift it up and make it too high because it is a 2 up. I was thinking not to put a lift kit on it at all seeing that it has plenty of ground clearance from the factory. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

klutchbuster400

Whats sock size? You should be able to go up atleast twoinches more on the tire. The rims coudl be the same specs as stockers.

Southern4x4

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on August 13, 2006, 01:39:35 AM
Whats sock size? You should be able to go up atleast twoinches more on the tire. The rims coudl be the same specs as stockers.
yeah thats what i did in the back and one up in the front only because the way my bike is geared i have to have one size lower in the front than in the back,but im sure your ac should fit 27+ all the way around
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

MachineDog

You can keep the same rims if you want, but the Type 7s from ITP look awesome in black.. I want those things. :'( Anyway, the Arctic Cat can fit upto 29" tires just fine, although you may need a clutch kit to help your engine handle it which is like $50. Without a clutch kit, I'd go with some 26-27" tires. BTW, I wouldn't go with the 14" rims because it would suck when you want to change your tire and you can't find anything besides truck tires that will fit.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.