When are the next drag races?

Started by HondaATC, July 09, 2006, 08:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dynodon

Now, If the deck height was wrong, wouldnt the pistons be beat up at the top
from hitting the domes ???, If it was infact decked wrong to cause piston breakage??
We still have a set of pistons that came out of it, and the only thing broke is the webbing in the port window, NOTHING around the wrist pin or skirt.

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

cutngrs

i did not get on here and bash any one the fact is i have the first set of pistions right here that have less then 15 min run time on them there was damege to one of the domes and do the fact that the piston broke the center of the window out and then  went up in to the top of the pistions  befor it went out the pipe and coused that damage now you your self told me the motor was put together right pistion hight was at 0 deck and that there was no sing of the pistion hiting the domes you also told me that  you fond that the cylinder bore was wrong and tight in the middle of the cyilder coused by the nicacill  and  thats why it was braking you also told me that cp was going to fix it and pay for the pistions and domes    i  then ask you to update the port work the price  was not totaled at that time as you did not no the price for shipping and labor to put it back together  i am not the tipe of person to bash any one in a open forum  then you charged don  $550 and told me the day befor $500 we both thought that was high and we where not happy but if you tell some something and do something else that fine we will pay and not come back no need to bash some one you just lost orr bisness  that a nuff i will call you on monday to talk to you nate   but remember nether me or don started this
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

535banshee

i raced my big bike over 30 passes at  the 1/8 mile lupo. just because i havnt raced with you means i never run my bike. i dont say you dont run your bike just because you dont run with me. i havnt seen a twin cylinder bike here in florida run a 5.80 yet. the guys from miami come over to the last race and told me that was the fastest bike they have seen running 1/8 mile. if you can run faster come down here and we will see and i will come to a dirt track and i will see. i know my bikes are fast lupo so i dont have anything to prove to you. you havnt run that fast so i think your the one that has to prove himself.

535banshee

alright lets move on lets start talking about this new track at cr motorsports. lets all get together and see if we can get some good racing going on. i know 8 people right now that will go in a heart beat. the track is 800ft long so we need to figure out if we want a 300ft track and hope we stop or a 200ft track and have alot of shut down. frank,lupo,tony and everyone esle have really fast bikes now so we need to talk about shut down room and whats a good ideal to go with

dynodon

I agree Jeff, I am thinking that a 200` track is probably gonna be the best bet,
considering that not everyone will be on a rigid. The more shut down area the better.We need to keep it as safe as possible, so we dont get any bad publicity from someone getting hurt
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

535banshee

how about we make it as long as we can without taking to much from the shut down area. its not going to be a track the whole country is going to be going to. so lets make it 250 or what ever it can be and still stop. does smoke still have the lights. if not i will check with the track about finding a set.

cutngrs

300 feet and 500 feet of  shutdown  i can stop    i think    sh*t thats right  i need a bike first    o well  i atlest i have a motor and a drag axle ill just strap my aZZ to the axle and hold the motor  you think it would work ;D
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

blupits04

#132
D@mn Cut if you do that I want to know where the kick starter is going to be and is smoke still going to be your jockey.J/J wheres this new trac at on 27 south of sebring?
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

dynodon

Thats some funny shiot right there I dont care who you are :Clap.gif :drive.gif
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

535banshee

it might work. just think the whole package would wieght less that way. that way you would have something on tony too. that frame has been shipped so you should have it next year

535banshee


blupits04

just wondering if the team name is still @zz crack racing? that would make smoke a strap on, sure to get faster times then.j/j
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

PAPA_TRIBAL

Quote from: dynodon on August 13, 2006, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: more-torque on August 13, 2006, 10:52:14 AM
I know you guys are in this story pretty deep to step back out.  But here's all I'll say untill I get some way to discuss this with Troy, and Don.  I explained why I needed to do all that I did.  I told the cost, explained what the cost would be after the problem was found.  This all was 6 months ago.  And Troy was the middle man, and it is easy, looking back on it, to see how that there could have been miscomunication.  And if someone doesn't see how the how a deck issue can break pistons on a pre-built top end, contact me and we can explain it.  The domes were damaged.  And the pistons were broken.   This is why we encourage anyone who buys a top end from us to send there bottom end so that we can check all of the final clearences to aviod problems such as this.  But most importantly, fact that there is even the slightest discontinment tells me that; if Don has called us more than once, it was one time too little.  He owes us another call.  One to tell us, "Hey I think something wasn't right with the deal on Troys old motor."  I do not have your #, nor Troy's either.  I did try to contact you all, before posting anything. I think common decency would have dictated that you give me the same courtesey.  Instead, we read this thread for as our first clue. :o  I'm at 530-476-2222, monday 8am California time.  I do not wish to debate the facts here.  I hope that the parties involved, that agreed to the work, would contact me.  Then, if you guys want to come on here and slam us, and our practices, that is their right.  :) I'll be back on here monday to see if you decided not to call, or give me a #.  Everyone have a great day. Nate McCoy.
You are right to an extent, deck height will cause a piston to break, around the wrist pin, or the skirt area. Not the webbing only in the port windows.
As far as the cost being explained, NO it was not, only after the work was done was the cost explained. Because in the beginning, It was explained that between you and CP industries it would be takenb care of. With the exception of the port update, shipping.
It was a little longer than 6 months ago, heck I didnt even get the motor back until after 7 months, and I have had it back for two months now.
But thats not the point, I didnt bring this all up. I was letting by gones be by gones.
You still have yet to explain why Troy was told 500.00, then the next day you tell me 550.00.
youbuiWe are still waiting for an answer to the " one of a kind" motor that Frank had way back when. he says that lt him a motor that no one else had, truth, or fiction ??
Now Don, That wouldn't be very professional he started telling people what he has built for other  customers. Now would it? ??? ???

535banshee

that would be funny seeing troy wearing a strap on with smoke riding him down the track.

badcompanyron

shutdown area in hazlehurst is only 250-260 ft,  think there is plenty of shutdown for 300 ft track

PAPA_TRIBAL

#140
Oh yeah, I had my 4mil running for a year with no issues. I ran the crap out of the motor. I went to saltsdale, Ga. Lakeland! shoot we even took to Ocala one weekend and run the p!ss out of it. Went to hernando a couple of times and ran the heck out of it. Never ever had any problems with it at all. Yes we blew it up at lakeland, But that was due to fact that it was just getting tire and maybe a little over reving :D But we were able to tune and try different things for a year. And when ever Nate would call and say, Hey you need to try this, I did it. I went through 3 different sets of pipes in 2 months. I did several squish test, Played with the timing over and over. He would say you need a drag axle! Got one. You need an override tranny, Got one. You need straight cut gears got them. ;D And that is something that know one ever knew. And Im mean know one. And that made a major difference. I mean dang man I was running stock gearing with a 4mil cub 300ft and still pulling at the end. Running 4.0's with Banshee Boy on it. Shoot the first time I ever went to Ga. with the bike I ran a 4.29 with my 200lb butt on it. And I will continue to except advise from Nate and run with it. My point is this, If everyone would spend alittle more time on there motors and set ups and not worry so much about beating some one else, Im sure end the end you would be very satisfied and happy with the results. I guess Im one to talk, Beings I sold my drag bike recently ;D But I know that Banshee Boy will get that thing dailed in. Just like he did my 4mil. But some of you have had what would have prolly been some kick butt motors, But never stayed with them long enough to find out. Im not saying this to start any crap just voicing my opinion. Look at Tony, He is a perfect example. He has been tuning and racing the same 350 for gosh, About 2 years. I have watched him go from 4.5's and 4.4's to 4.1's with the same motor And 6.5's on asphalt to 6.2's Why? Because he has keep the same one and tuned and tuned and tuned!! And Now he is prolly the fastest 350 on asphalt ANYWHERE!! Don, If you have that 4mil still Im sure its going to tote the mail. If you go out the first time and lay an egg, So what! doesn't mean it wont run like a mofo!! Cause Im real sure it will. Troy I may be out of line here, Im not sure whats up with your frame. Im assuming you haven't gotten your Ohton. If thats the case Im sorry to hear about that. The sad thing is you cant say sh!t about it on planetsand because he is planetsand. And anything negative is deleted right away!!! >:( >:(

dynodon

Quote from: badcompanyron on August 13, 2006, 05:39:13 PM
shutdown area in hazlehurst is only 250-260 ft,  think there is plenty of shutdown for 300 ft track
That is true!!!, But some of the bigger bikes are at the  road also !!!
So whats up with you all Ga. Boys??
We will get a track here in Fl. up and running soon( I hope) ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

535banshee

this is very true! i just talked to tony a few hours ago and he has a plan to make that motor run faster and trust me it will. i think the longer you work with it the faster it will get. thats why we all need to keep this sport going so we will have a track to try to make or bikes faster. i am working hard on this new track and will let everyone know when i find out more.

LT-R450ApK

Quote from: cutngrs on August 13, 2006, 04:12:31 PM
300 feet and 500 feet of  shutdown  i can stop    i think    sh*t thats right  i need a bike first    o well  i atlest i have a motor and a drag axle ill just strap my aZZ to the axle and hold the motor  you think it would work ;D

Just wear your old Famous Orange Shirt and we'll have smoke dog ride on your back and pull on your ears  :P
It'll be just like the old days
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

#144
Hey 800ft of track is plenty of room for stopping . You can take a drag frame in Hazelhurst and run a 3.80 and still stop way before the road. a drg frame will stop twice as fast as a stock frame my 350 will slid almost all the way to the ditch but the drag frames will stop as soon as you hit the barkes.. Well IF YALL GET A TRACK up and running you know I will show up for the fun and bring some friends.Well I no some of you guys may have  had a problem with Nate but eveytime I have ever talked to him on the phone he seems like one of the nicest  builders I have every meet. Heek last week He sent me 19 tooth sprocket and didnt charge me a dime and he even paid the shipping. and hes always on planetsand on line so if you ever need any help hes there for the support. Cut and  Dyno Don I know you may have a bad taste in your mouth  maybe you guys can talk to Nate and get all this resolved so we all can stay friends with no hard ship.. And Jeff no dought  you sure got your bike running. Those times are some of the fastest ive seen on aspahlt there is only one bike other than yours Ive seen running those numbers And its Tim Mills 16mm  drag frame bike and you guys are haullin.. so just keep up the good work and when that new motor is togeather we no it will be faster..    ;D ;D ;D Hope no one takes this the wrongway.
Wicked Racing TEAM    [url="//www.341dirtdrags.com"]www.341dirtdrags.com[/url]

cutngrs

well fanky we will soon see    it  has elegitly been shipped out and will be here by thursday  so we will see and hopefully it will be worth the wait   it really sucks it has taken so long  i will call nate tomorrow i am shure  there will be no hard feeling  after tomorrow  and  i am glad to see you all have a good  time at my expence  ;D :L 2:L :R :M
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

dynodon

#146
Troy , Ihave your new chassis!!!!!, Somehow it got shipped to me !!!!!
I think we can make the drag axle work too!!!!! ;)























Jeff made me do it!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

fastrnrik

Looks kinda like a Banshee with AIDS.

PAPA_TRIBAL

Quote from: cutngrs on August 13, 2006, 09:11:29 PM
well fanky we will soon see    it  has elegitly been shipped out and will be here by thursday  so we will see and hopefully it will be worth the wait   it really sucks it has taken so long  i will call nate tomorrow i am shure  there will be no hard feeling  after tomorrow  and  i am glad to see you all have a good  time at my expence  ;D :L 2:L :R :M
Nobody is laughing here Bro! Don, If thats Troy's. I quit! Cant compete with that ;D although I did notice the slicks. Looks like Jeff better be ready.  :)

535banshee

i know the slicks and two stroke motor , i am out cant compete with that

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com