How much do you spend on a ride

Started by Thrumud, August 08, 2006, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the average you spend on a ride or weekend ride ?

50.00
12 (28.6%)
100.00
3 (7.1%)
150.00
12 (28.6%)
200.00
5 (11.9%)
250.00
10 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: Flea_Jumper on August 09, 2006, 03:18:17 PM
All of you forgot to ameratize the cost of the actual vehicles, bikes, gear, hauler ect.  My truck payment is 800 per month.  The trailer was 6500 and the three bikes are 35k and up.  Add it up and divide it over five year period and then get the real numbers.  Our hobby is expensive, period.

Truck 48k
Bikes  35k
Trailer 6k
Gear    2k
Total before I can go $91,000.  Now add in the little stuff.  My cost is roughly 1516 per month just to own the stuff not including insurance and the cost of using and maintaining it.

Thats it, I am selling it all. ??? ??? ???

Um arent you forgetting the sick lift, tires, rims, gears, chip, tvs etc......ahh to only own a truck like yours!
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

UncleRico

Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 09, 2006, 02:50:27 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on August 09, 2006, 07:59:50 AM
20 bucks worth of fuel, oil, and oil filter (I change out pretty much after each ride) for the Quad.

is there any point behind changing the oil evry ride?

I have the hop up kit with the racing cam, and I beat the living hell out of my quad everytime I go out to play, so I change the oil pretty much everytime I go at it hard.

I guess the old racing habits are hard to break.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

450rcrazy

I spend about 150.00 on a weekend ride 60.00 on a day ride and can't forget the 100.00 emergancy room co-pay ;D

Chillinthemost

It all boils down to this............"YOU CANT PUT A PRICE ON FUN"
GIT IT RAGS :T
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

trx#9

I spend up to 250 for a local race weekend.  1000 and up for a national race. :'(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Suzuki_Outlaw

 ;D    Too Much But Im Not Complaining.............................._GEORGE

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: UncleRico on August 09, 2006, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: kawasaki400racer on August 09, 2006, 02:50:27 PM
Quote from: UncleRico on August 09, 2006, 07:59:50 AM
20 bucks worth of fuel, oil, and oil filter (I change out pretty much after each ride) for the Quad.

is there any point behind changing the oil evry ride?

I have the hop up kit with the racing cam, and I beat the living hell out of my quad everytime I go out to play, so I change the oil pretty much everytime I go at it hard.

I guess the old racing habits are hard to break.



Plus the 450R only hold 800cc of oil. It gets dirty fast. Your quad hold about 2500cc. I change mine every ride also. Engine and trans. Which I'm sure Uncle Rico does too.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

dreth

im not looking to go into a deep depression so ill just say its pricey :drive.gif

yfz450man

#33
You guys are killing me.  I guess for this to be even, the price would have to be per rider, then including whether you camp or not, etc.  

I meet my friends up at croom to ride from tampa, pay $20 gas for quad, $20 gas for SUV (tampa to croom is only 45 mins) and I pack my cooler with drinks I already had in my fridge (hmm, 25 cent sodas, a few gatorades, water, free ice from my freezer that I packed during the week) and then make a few sandwiches from the lunch meat I already have. Add a bag of chips for $2.  Or you could even hit Mcdonalds outside of croom and get $.99 double cheeses if you wanted to save a little scratch!

On top of that, i would have eaten and drank at home anyways, so I don't really include that as an "extra expense because I was riding".  If you were going to grill out at home anyways, grilling at camp is not really an extra expense, at least I don't think so.    And if I wasn't driving up to croom and riding, I'd be cruising around town doing things anyways, and woudl prob. burn more gas than I would at croom in the long run!  8)

So I don't think I spend like all you guys do, and its not like I don't like to spend money or eat well either!! 
Donate to the Jeremiah Jones Recovery Fund :
[url="http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm"]http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm[/url]

backwoods boy

well my truck gits about 10 mpg hiway w/o a trailer load up a trailer w/ atv n jeep im at about 6-7mpg 70 miles each way to holopaw lets see $65 in gas for truck $20 in gas for my atv 250 gets bad mpg seein as im almost 200 pounds $30 for gas in jeep $5 for ice 10 bucks for soda gatorade etc... thats just 4 a day ride about $100-$125 a lil steep for bein 17 n in school good thing i got parents that help me out
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com